Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/2/2010 10:42:07 AM EDT
I made the final part for my second AK 74 last night. I am now on my way to do some test firing and final tweaking. Hopefully I can get them blasted and parked tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:49:12 PM EDT
I have thought about building an AK. Just never got to it. I have heard the Egyptian parts kits are pretty good.... Well better than the romanian. What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your built rifles?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:20:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2010 6:23:08 PM EDT by Hebrew_Battle_Rifle]

Originally Posted By Luckytrey:
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your built rifles?

I have only benched one so far. It is a Polish Tantal built on an NDS "economy" receiver. Once I got the sights regulated, it was producing 1/2 inch groups at 25 yrds using Russian surplus ammo. I was very pleased with it. I ran out of time so I was not able to set the target out farther.
I wasn't able to get to the range today. I now have both rifles disassembled and will prep them for blast, park, and paint this week end.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:21:27 PM EDT
A picture is worth a thousand words! Need pics!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:10:00 AM EDT
PICS! PICS! PICS!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:06:16 PM EDT
Blasted and parked. Now for paint. GOD willing, I'll get that done tomorrow and maybe get to the range. I have a couple of FNFALs that need to be sighted and I also have some Austrian 308 that I haven't tested yet.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:50:54 AM EDT
Today I took my newly assembled Bulgarian 74 to the range. Benched and bagged it would not produce a group at all. At 100 yards, the pattern was 12 inches wide and 11 inches tall. No key holes. Just a sorry pattern. I was using Bulgarian and Russian surplus ammo. The barrel was virgin chrome lined, but of unknown origin.
I have to say that I have never been so disappointed in a firearm in my life.

Just in case some joker wants to claim that it is my shooting skills, I also took two of my FNFALs with StG58 barrels and both produced consistent 2.5 inch groups with Austrian and Australian surplus ammo.
Top Top