Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 2:11:30 PM EDT
Gents,
Someone mentioned a guy up in Conroe that does decent rifle refinishes and I wrote his name down, but have misplaced it....for some reason the name Dave Allison rings a bell, but I can't remember if thats him or not, and besides, I'd still need the name of the shop.

Thanks for any help...

Dan
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
derek allison at sportsmans guns in conroe

Sportsman Guns &  Ammo
212-A Porter Rd. (FM 1314)
Conroe, Tx 77301
PH (936) 756-GUNS (4867)
PH (936) 539-AMMO (2667)
FAX (936) 756-4872

Hes also a class three dealer and manufacturer, he does all that stuff with machine guns and suppressors that im not very familiar with.

The last Tx hometown arfcommer that i sent to him had a mussel (sp?) brake installed and was thrilled with his work.

Hes the only guy alive that i will let work on my firearms, and hes good at it too.

Ive never come to him with a question that he couldnt answer or a mechanical thing that he couldnt fix. He also has very fair and competitive prices.

Hes a great guy and the BEST GUNSMITH IN HOUSTON!
Ill fight anyone who says otherwise.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much. Thats the guy I was thinkin' about. I'm going to take him my funky green and black AR and have him make it all black.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
derek allison at sportsmans guns in conroe

Sportsman Guns &  Ammo
212-A Porter Rd. (FM 1314)
Conroe, Tx 77301
PH (936) 756-GUNS (4867)
PH (936) 539-AMMO (2667)
FAX (936) 756-4872

Hes also a class three dealer and manufacturer, he does all that stuff with machine guns and suppressors that im not very familiar with.

The last Tx hometown arfcommer that i sent to him had a mussel (sp?) brake installed and was thrilled with his work.

Hes the only guy alive that i will let work on my firearms, and hes good at it too.

Ive never come to him with a question that he couldnt answer or a mechanical thing that he couldnt fix. He also has very fair and competitive prices.

Hes a great guy and the BEST GUNSMITH IN HOUSTON!
Ill fight anyone who says otherwise.

"What he said"

Derek does very good work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#4]
holy crap that thing is green and funky!

He will make it all black as advertised though.

I had him refinish a police trade in winchester 1300 pump 12 guage with flat black gun kote and I turned it into a dedicated less lethal shotgun. He did an excellent job on it.

Btw, i cant believe that NFA_investments actually agreed with something i said, hell must be freezing over for 2007!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellas...that green/black arrangement is actually a CMMG product that costs extra money (about $200 if IIRC). It's DuraCoat which I understand is very good stuff, but it looks like a 2nd graders art project to me.

Thanks again for the help...

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top