Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 8:40:50 PM EDT
Got my Remington sighted just like I want it. Thinking about putting a Bipod on it to aid in stability.

What are some good ones that won't break the bank?

Thanks.

(It's a deer rifle by the way. I don't shoot competitively. I don't want to make it a surgical rifle either.)

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Far as quality goes, you'd be looking at Harris, Atlas, or GG&G. Atlas at the top end of the scale, Harris at the lower. But all are high quality. For a deer rifle, I wouldn't bother with anything higher than a Harris. The others are more precision rifle oriented.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You can buy a cheap Chinese Harris knock off 9"-13" from Wal-Mart or Amazon for less than $35.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Far as quality goes, you'd be looking at Harris, Atlas, or GG&G. Atlas at the top end of the scale, Harris at the lower. But all are high quality. For a deer rifle, I wouldn't bother with anything higher than a Harris. The others are more precision rifle oriented.
View Quote
Gotcha. Thanks sir.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can buy a cheap Chinese Harris knock off 9"-13" from Wal-Mart or Amazon for less than $35.
View Quote
Yeah I love the small Caldwell but hate the larger one. I can't keep it on the rifles. My Harris is going on being used for almost 30 years. Buy once cry once I learned that lesson the hard way.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been using Harris bipods for about 30 yrs now, every time I think about getting something cheaper, I just can't bring myself to do it.  The cheaper ones have plastic parts or metal parts that are of a lower/inferior quality, so I stick with one I know is good, the Harris haven't let me down.
View Quote
I have 3 Harris bipods, 2 9-13 and 1 27. I also have a couple of the cheap ones, a Caldwell and UTG. All have been used in different situations, and I can't tell a difference between the Harris or Chinese.
It just depends on what pride and need you have in your gear. Before I tore my knee up in the military I learned take just what you absolutely need or gear you don't mind leaving behind.
I'll shit can a Chinese bipod before I will one of my Harris bipods. .
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I made the mistake of picking my rifle up by the folded forwards legs and the barrel of a NcStar  (grabbed around all 3, the legs and the barrel).
When  i got to the range to unfold the bipod the legs came off in my hand.
Yeah, I broke it, it didn't break itself, but.....
Harris for me, no experience with other quality bipods.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:07:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a cheap UTG that's not too bad.  I wouldn't use it for anything that required any kind of rough use but for range use and such it's a good bipod.  I'm pretty sure it would hold up on a deer rifle but I'd always be worried about it in the back of my mind which would suck on a hunting trip.  I agree with everyone else, buy a Harris and you're good to go.  If I were going to buy another bipod, it would be a Harris.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input guys and gals.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a short and 20+ inch Harris. they're fine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]
HARRIS .........G.T.G.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but I have 1 Harris and 2 Atlas bipods. I love the Atlas, but as it was mentioned earlier, they are more geared for precision and something you'll be in position with for a while. I think you'll like the Harris since you can find them for a reasonable price they'll last if you take care of your equipment. Harris is also easier to deploy, and they do so much faster than the Atlas.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:53:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but I have 1 Harris and 2 Atlas bipods. I love the Atlas, but as it was mentioned earlier, they are more geared for precision and something you'll be in position with for a while. I think you'll like the Harris since you can find them for a reasonable price they'll last if you take care of your equipment. Harris is also easier to deploy, and they do so much faster than the Atlas.
View Quote
True you can rope the legs together and flip both open lickity split .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top