Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2003 3:04:07 PM EDT
Any ARFCOMMERS going? I'm going Sat. arriving before lunchtime.

It's at the Raceway BTW.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I find the RIR show to be more for those people who like to collect firearms, then for those who like to shoot them. I haven't been to this one in about 5 years, let me know if it has changed at all. I will just save my money for the Showplace show in Dec.

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If I may jump in here – the Fairgrounds show has changed a bit.

My understanding is that the guy who used to run it had prohibited attendance by vendors who had sold in a prior local show within the previous 30 days.  This was to keep his show from becoming a duplicate of other shows.

This policy kept a lot of the “usual suspects” out.

He is gone.

The last one I attended (maybe a year or two ago) had outfits such as Dark Sun and Trader Jerry there.  So it’s not quite as collector oriented as it was.  However, despite this change, my recollection is that the show was smaller than in times past.

IMHO, the Showplace is still much better for non-collector types.

If I were local, I’d try to make the Fairgrounds show – but I’m the better part of two hours away and it’s just not worth it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll probably stop in at some point, but not sure which day or time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there at 10am on Sunday. I'm meeting a guy from the glocktalk board.

I'll be the big tall young guy in the black fleece with the Glock logo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I will just save my money for the Showplace show in Dec.

Ditto.

DrMark
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Show Update:

It was mostly a collectors show. Quantico, Dark Sun, Trader Jerry and all were there. I did'not see the first pound of gunpowder for sale and the only bullets I saw were pull down. I picked up 3 like new USGI 30's and 3 - 30's that had been tefloned black. Got home and found 2 broken tabs on the bottom of one, oh well. Got 1 .308 SA battlepack for $22, got some rubber magazine covers for $1 each and some Aguila .22 to try in the P22 and a holster for it also.

The Showplace Show was in my opinion a better show like someone said.

Forgot, sold a 11.5" barrelled A-2 upper and that paid for trip, $225.00.

Saw 2 Colt Pre-Ban complete lowers for $880 also.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, there were some nice collectables there, that's for sure, but it was much better than the last one I went to at the Fairgrounds quite a few years ago.  Nothing special deal wise, but the Civil War show next door was enjoyable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Patriot Services was there too and had pretty good prices on Glocks and some other handguns. They gave a good demo and ammo review of the new G37 to me and a few other folks.

Saw some nice Colt M4 1/7 uppers, but they were all $600+. No thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top