Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2006 10:36:22 PM EST
What the fuck is it with these? Serriously, what is COOL about blinding the person infront of you?

Tonight was the 2nd time on my way home from work(Washougal River Rd) that I had to PULL OVER and let some asshat by me because his lights were flooding my truck cab and hitting my right and left mirrors basically blinding me. Definatly pointed to high(and probably illegal). It was worse than being hit with high beams
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:01:33 PM EST
Use your mirrors to beam that shit right back.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:29:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 11:30:01 PM EST by YOPD]
I don't know what's worse: The rice-a-roni "all sound and no fury" folks and their bright pointed up fog lights or old men on Harley's with the three headlight setup and the high beam lights on either side of the main headlight melting your retinas. If your "louder than my shotgun" piped middle aged crisis bike is behind me, you don't need the extra light that won't get past my vehicle to light up any road, unless you're fucking night blind and shouldn't be out on the road in the first place on your "rugged individualist" over priced chrome penis.

And a big thank you to old men who should know better deciding it's OK to buy their first bike at 50 for jacking up my motorcycle insurance rates by crashing in ever increasing numbers.

(really, I'm not bitter )
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:30:00 AM EST
Keep a tube of BB's in your car. Toss a few (20 or so) out the window if someone gets up to close. No damage is done, they will think it is either gravel or sand off the road. Chances are they will back off or pass you. Not legal, but effective.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:40:06 AM EST
I would never do that! What a great idea.................................
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:36:29 AM EST
I usually respond by moving my moto-mirrors to send it back to them. If that doesn't make my point, I'll slow enough to "let them pass", then give 'em the full benefit of the four hair-on-your-neck-burners under MY bumper. BTW, I rewired them so they work on highbeam. I'm beginning to think that being an asshole is a major requirement for licensure nowdays. If or when any of these retarded starfish hunters pull next to me and complain, I just blow them a kiss. Anything to piss 'em off.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:50:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By YOPD:
over priced chrome penis.

I only have one headlight on my chrome penis...

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:55:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stumps:
Keep a tube of BB's in your car. Toss a few (20 or so) out the window if someone gets up to close. No damage is done, they will think it is either gravel or sand off the road. Chances are they will back off or pass you. Not legal, but effective.

That is a good idea, I also would never do that. I also use my mirrors to shine the lights back at them, doesnt always work though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:31:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:

I'm beginning to think that being an asshole is a major requirement ........

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:13:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By mstennes:

That is a good idea, I also would never do that. I also use my mirrors to shine the lights back at them, doesnt always work though.

Skittles work to and they come in pretty colors, ahh not that I would know that is....
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:21:41 AM EST
Airsoft BBs would probably work great, they bounce everywhere. Since theyre plastic vs the metal, I think it would be smarter
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:48:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By 161Infantry:

Originally Posted By mstennes:

That is a good idea, I also would never do that. I also, use my mirrors to shine the lights back at them, doesnt always work though.

Skittles work to and they come in pretty colors, ahh not that I would know that is....

All these great ideas and I cant/wont use any of them
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:11:40 AM EST
It is my understanding that in Washington State it is illegal to have 'driving lights' that come on with your high beams, they have to be on with the low.

Now what kind of sense does this make? You use your brights when there's noone near, who cares if you make them brighter.

Slowing down is usually pretty effective. Especially when you come to a complete stop :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:18:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By libertynews:
It is my understanding that in Washington State it is illegal to have 'driving lights' that come on with your high beams, they have to be on with the low.

Now what kind of sense does this make? You use your brights when there's noone near, who cares if you make them brighter.

Slowing down is usually pretty effective. Especially when you come to a complete stop :)

Since when did Washington laws make sense? You can own a silencer but cant use it
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:25:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

You are far from the middle aged crisis marketing victim I was referring to.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:28:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By PCR-00:

You are far from the middle aged crisis marketing victim I was referring to.

Nah, bought mine as a "divorce present" to myself.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:30:44 AM EST

It's the other way around.

I love doing this. I damn near brought US395 to a complete stop one night because of one jerk and their high beams and off road lights. I slowed the big rig i was driving down for about 2 miles with my left run signal on, constantly going slower and slower. After I was in third gear, it was easy for numb nuts to pass.

Big rig headlights can burn retinas, too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:33:09 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:24:50 PM EST
height=8
height=8

WAC 204-72-040 Mounting requirements, specific

(4) Fog lamps. A fog lamp is a lighting device mounted to provide illumination forward of the vehicle under conditions of rain, snow, dust, or fog. Fog lamps shall be mounted at a height of not less than 12 inches nor more than 30 inches, and so that the inner edge of the lens retaining ring is no closer than 4 inches to the optical center of the front turn signal lamp. The fog lamp(s) may be used only with the low beam headlamps. Fog lamps shall not be used alone in lieu of headlamps.

(6) Auxiliary passing lamps. A passing lamp is an auxiliary low beam lamp meeting the photometric requirements of SAE Standard J582a. Passing lamps shall be mounted not lower than 24 inches nor higher than 42 inches, and so the inner edge of the lens retaining ring is no closer than 4 inches to the optical center of the front turn signal lamp. The lamp may be used at the driver's discretion with either low or high beam headlamps. Passing lamps shall not be used alone in lieu of headlamps.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:46:38 PM EST
I really dont understand why you need that shit. I have never driven anything with more than a 30amp charging system with no auxillary lighting. For pete sake my work truck is still even 6volt...
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:55:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By dillonivik:
I really dont understand why you need that shit. I have never driven anything with more than a 30amp charging system with no auxillary lighting. For pete sake my work truck is still even 6volt...

If thats the case quit driving it, restore it and then retire from the money you will make.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:03:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dinothewap:

Originally Posted By dillonivik:

If thats the case quit driving it, restore it and then retire from the money you will make.

NEVAR! I love my old Ford, and i love flatheads too
My crusier that im building will aslo be 6volt, and a flathead
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:26:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By fishkiller98579:

WAC 204-72-040 Mounting requirements, specific

(4) Fog lamps.
The fog lamp(s) may be used only with the low beam headlamps. Fog lamps shall not be used alone in lieu of headlamps.

(6) Auxiliary passing lamps.
The lamp may be used at the driver's discretion with either low or high beam headlamps. Passing lamps shall not be used alone in lieu of headlamps.

OK, are there any reg's for "driving lights/lamps", which is what we are talking about here?

Every car I have ever driven with factory driving lights turns them on with the high beams. Every car I have driven with fog lights turns them off when you switch on the high beams.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:04:54 PM EST
I keep my 'driving lights' ON at all times ( until I have to replace a bulb ).
They work with both the low and high beam headlights.
I believe it is a safety factor in my favor to have them ON.
They are adjusted to work low on the road ahead.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:24:54 AM EST

OK, are there any reg's for "driving lights/lamps", which is what we are talking about here?

The color orange should be outlawed on this board, it is burning my eyes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:42:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2006 6:42:45 AM EST by Phil_in_Seattle]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:53:12 AM EST
You must be the same guys flashing your brights at our '05 Maxima with it's HID Xenon headlights even on low beam. Those things are crazy bright.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:48:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By Phil_in_Seattle:

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:

The color orange should be outlawed on this board, it is burning my eyes.

Says the guy with an avatar that is one third orange.

OOOOOOH BUUUUUURRRRN!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:56:42 AM EST
sigh

As far as in non-bold text
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:56:43 AM EST
Be nice PCR I like Tony Stewart.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:58:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dinothewap:
Be nice PCR I like Tony Stewart.

long windy walks and stuff?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:05:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:30:12 AM EST
I had a buddy who had two rear firing PIAA Fog lights mounted under his rear bumper of his F150. If someone was following too close or had their high beams on? He he... Quick tap of the rear lights usually solved the problem. IF not? Hit em' with full blast. They cannot tail what they cannot see.

Mostly it got the point across without any drama in short order.

Just one of the Modern PIAA Foglamps under the rear Bumper or even built into the rear window with some creativity could solve ALOT of Tailgaiting rudeness.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:17:33 PM EST
Theres sually enough mud and such falling off of my Isuzu to keep peopel from tailgating...
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:25:04 PM EST
Remote mount a Camera with a high powered Flash back there.... Then you get a nice momento AND you get them off your ass and seeing spots...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:34:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I usually respond by moving my moto-mirrors to send it back to them. If that doesn't make my point, I'll slow enough to "let them pass", then give 'em the full benefit of the four hair-on-your-neck-burners under MY bumper. BTW, I rewired them so they work on highbeam. I'm beginning to think that being an asshole is a major requirement for licensure nowdays. If or when any of these retarded starfish hunters pull next to me and complain, I just blow them a kiss. Anything to piss 'em off.

WTF?
Top Top