Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 10:00:56 AM EDT
After reading a review of Line of Fire's CCW course from someone(i think it was Scot45) on here I decided thats where I should go for mine. Its a two day course that covered absolutely everything you can think of.

We were taught basic safety, the ins and outs of our firearms, how to properly clean and lube them(we actually cleaned them in class), how to properly handle and fire them, shooting stances, reloading techniques, different methods of carrying concealed, the local law, when we can pull our gun, what happens to your body and mind when you are under the stress of an attack and how to handle it, and what will happen after. He even went so far as to give us the numbers to a good lawyer and a bail bondsman just in case we need them after.

We also had plenty of live and dry fire practice prior to qualifying as well so I was real comfortable by the time it was time to qualify. This was important to me because I get nervous with other people shooting around me and it takes me some time to get use to each time I go shooting. Within my first six shots I put one in the dirt at the base of my target due to this tension. However, I was able to ease my nerves and I was putting them all on the paper after a bit.

I have only been shooting handguns for 4-5 months and I wasnt very accurate with my S&W 638 so I went out and purchased a SIG 229 a week before the course. I took it into the course without firing it once. After some instruction from Joe I was able to qualify with both guns and now feel confident using both of them.

I spent some time hanging out at Joe's house before and after the course and hes a cool guy that I plan to keep in touch with. He is real laid back and will BS with you for as long as you are willing. Hes laid back during class too, but once you hit the range he is all business and wont hesitate to set you straight. I highly recommend him.

Thanks for such a great course and everything else Joe.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Hes laid back during class too, but once you hit the range he is all business and wont hesitate to set you straight.

Boy are you right about that!  Some people were getting a little sloppy with their gun safety at the range, and Joe was quick to put them straight.  He does not mess around when it comes to safety, which I appreciate.  When you are shooting with 5-6 people who have never shot a gun before, it helps to have someone who is a "safety Nazi."  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#2]
How much is the course?  I'd like to get a refresher on ccw laws and get my buddy into a ccw class.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How much is the course?  I'd like to get a refresher on ccw laws and get my buddy into a ccw class.

I do more so I charge more.

My normal tuition is $150.00 for a 2-Day Nevada, Utah and Florida CCW course. My ARFcom Member price is $125.00, and if a person(s) are active military and they can prove it the course tuition is $100.00.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do more so I charge more.
My normal tuition is $150.00 for a 2-Day Nevada, Utah and Florida CCW course. My ARFcom Member price is $125.00, and if a person(s) are active military and they can prove it the course tuition is $100.00.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

I heard that from prettier women than you buddy!

Thanks.  Sounds very good.  However my friend is Jewish so he may try to get more discounts.

To any offended Jews:  It's a joke between good friends.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After reading a review of Line of Fire's CCW course from someone(i think it was Scot45) on here I decided thats where I should go for mine. Its a two day course that covered absolutely everything you can think of.

We were taught basic safety, the ins and outs of our firearms, how to properly clean and lube them(we actually cleaned them in class), how to properly handle and fire them, shooting stances, reloading techniques, different methods of carrying concealed, the local law, when we can pull our gun, what happens to your body and mind when you are under the stress of an attack and how to handle it, and what will happen after. He even went so far as to give us the numbers to a good lawyer and a bail bondsman just in case we need them after.

We also had plenty of live and dry fire practice prior to qualifying as well so I was real comfortable by the time it was time to qualify. This was important to me because I get nervous with other people shooting around me and it takes me some time to get use to each time I go shooting. Within my first six shots I put one in the dirt at the base of my target due to this tension. However, I was able to ease my nerves and I was putting them all on the paper after a bit.

I have only been shooting handguns for 4-5 months and I wasnt very accurate with my S&W 638 so I went out and purchased a SIG 229 a week before the course. I took it into the course without firing it once. After some instruction from Joe I was able to qualify with both guns and now feel confident using both of them.

I spent some time hanging out at Joe's house before and after the course and hes a cool guy that I plan to keep in touch with. He is real laid back and will BS with you for as long as you are willing. Hes laid back during class too, but once you hit the range he is all business and wont hesitate to set you straight. I highly recommend him.

Thanks for such a great course and everything else Joe.

Andrew,

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your CCW course.

Please utilize the skills that you have learned and never forget that "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect." There is absolutely no substitute for training, and always remember to "Train Hard, Fight Easy."

Keep up the good work.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do. I practice as much as I can and I am in the process of copying your targets for shooting outdoors.

ANIMUS: The price difference is well worth it. Joe is the man to see.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Will do. I practice as much as I can and I am in the process of copying your targets for shooting outdoors.

ANIMUS: The price difference is well worth it. Joe is the man to see.

Yep.  I don't put a price on personnal safety anyway.  I am going to send my wife to him after the baby is born.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sending my girlfriend and mom to him. We had a 60 year old lady in my class who had never even touched a gun, yet by the end, second best shot out there.  Thats says something.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the review, I met Joe at one of the 777 get togethers, real nice guy.  He likes to talk shop even when he's not working.  That is true passion and love for what you do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top