Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 7:23:21 AM EDT
Hello, Mass gun law question. I recieved a class A ltc with target shooting restiction today (I asked for ALP). Does this mean I can not hunt with a low capacity firearm? That would seem strange because I could do that when all I had was an FID. I would hate to think that getting a ltc actually reduced my gunrights somewhat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The determing factor for what type of weapon you can hunt with is determined by the class (A or B) and not the restrictions.  Technically, your permit only allows you to go target shooting and you could potentially be in trouble (maybe not jail time), but you could loose your permit if caught hunting without the proper license.  The determing factor for what type of weapon you can hunt with is determined by the class (A or B) and not the restrictions.  

I'd call ASAP and tell the Chief that you intend on hunting and you had requested an ALP license.  Politely request an ALP (because it covers hunting and target shooting) and if he pushes back, get hunting and target shooting statement.  You paid a lot for your license and it needs to be valid.

If you do not do this immediately, your Chief may require that you reapply.  This all assumes you are a resident of MA.  If you aren't a non-resident, you typically get an ALP class A.  

Good luck.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top