Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 8:12:50 PM EDT by larrycwdc]
Lost among all of the bad news in the recent events, was this piece of good, no make that great, erhrhrr... spectacular ... news I read just now at the Arlington County Police Report for 29 August 2005.

RESIDENTIAL BURGALRY (sic), 8/28/2005, 6000 BLK N. 26TH Street

On August 28 at about 0507 hours, a male entered the residence by way of a first floor window. The homeowner was alerted and located the suspect in his daughter’s room. A physical confrontation took place and the homeowner shot the suspect. The suspect fled and was later located at a local hospital. Arrested was David J. Valdivia Dominguez, 18 YOA of Arlington, VA. Dominguez was charged with burglary.

Googling Señor "Valdivia Dominquez" in an attempt to learn whether or not he was a lawful resident of our little chunk of paradise, I came across a Free Republic posting that described the event as reported by the Arlington Sun Gazette on 1 Sep 2005. The Free'pers comments brought a slight tear to my eye ...

Arlington, VA Homeowner Shoots Intruder; Police Undecided on Charging Homeowner
Arlington Sun Gazette (Arlington, VA) | Sept. 1, 2005 |

by RYAN SELF, Staff Writer

An Arlington man was shot in the face over the weekend after allegedly attempting to burglarize a North Arlington home and being confronted by a gun-toting homeowner.

County police said Tuesday morning that 18-year-old David Jeovavy Valdivia Dominguez was arrested at Virginia Hospital Center, where he was seeking treatment for the wound. Police later transferred Dominguez to Inova Fairfax Hospital. After treatment, Dominguez was transported to the Arlington County Adult Detention Facility.

Police allege that Dominguez was in the process of burglarizing a home in the 6000 block of 26th Street North in the Leeway-Overly community about 5:30 a.m. Sunday when he was confronted by the homeowner.

When confronted, police said Dominguez ran from the family room into the room of the man’s teenage daughter. A struggle ensued, and the homeowner shot the intruder in the face.

According to police, Dominquez fled on foot.

While there is an ordinance that makes it illegal to discharge a firearm in Arlington County, Arlington County Police Det. Rick Rodriguez said that no charges have been filed against the homeowner, who was interviewed by detectives following the incident.

“It will be up to the investigator to determine if they will be,” Rodriguez said of charges. “You have to look at the circumstances in this case.”

Police officials say that because of the gruesome nature of Dominguez’s injury, a mug shot will not be released. They have confirmed that Dominguez lives in a house near the crime scene.

A neighbor told the Sun Gazette that a large number of people – perhaps as many as 15 – live in the small home where Dominguez lives.

Rodriguez said that detectives have visited the home and interviewed some of the residents.

The Arlington Connection had a slightly different take on the incident.

Homeowner Shoots Burglary Suspect

At approximately 5:30 a.m. on Aug. 28, a homeowner shot and wounded a burglary suspect who broke into his residence in the Leeway Overlee neighborhood, according to police. The 18-year-old suspect, David Jeovavy Valdivia Dominguez, entered the residence through a first-floor window, said police. The homeowner was alerted to the intruder, whom he located in his daughter's bedroom. A physical confrontation resulted and, fearing for his and his daughter's life, he shot the suspect, who fled the residence and was later located at a local hospital, police said. The suspect was treated and released into the custody of the police. An arrest warrant has been issued charging Dominguez with burglary. The homeowner was interviewed by detecives (sic) with the Homicide/Robbery Unit.

The Washington Post's take on this incident is enough to make one puke, and exemplifies why the rag is not fit for a fish monger to wrap fish with. Come to think of it, it's not even worth lining the cage of a parrot with diarrhea.

Intruder Shot An Arlington County man shot and wounded an intruder who allegedly broke into his home Sunday morning, police said. Authorities said the homeowner found the man cowering in a daughter's bedroom.

Police said David Jeovavy Valdivia Dominguez, 18, also of Arlington, was treated at a nearby hospital and released. He was in police custody yesterday, charged with burglary, said Detective Rick Rodriguez, a police spokesman.

Rodriguez said Dominguez was shot about 5:30 a.m., soon after he allegedly broke into the home, which neighbors said is in the 6000 block of North 26th Street. He entered the home through a first-floor window, police said, and was found moments later in the bedroom.

Well now. We've read the first page of the article, and 'learned' that a seemingly homicidal resident apparently 'blasted a cap' at an intruder with no provocation. Demonstrating their editorial finesse, there's a break in the Post article at this point of the article on the web-site, clicking the link to got to page 2 reveals the following continuation.

An altercation ensued, and the homeowner, fearing for his life and that of his daughter, fired at Dominguez, Rodriguez said.

Dominguez fled and was later found at a hospital. Police said Dominguez told them that he knew neither the homeowner nor his daughter and that he broke in after a night of drinking.

WTF???? How can a cowering man be involved in an altercation? It must've been demon rum that was doing the fighting ... and demon rum that did the break-in ... while Señor Valdivia Dominguez was cowering in the background. And speaking of drinking, it is unlawful for an 18 year-old to drink, leastwise to the best of my knowledge. I hope the Commonweath Attorney tacks on a charge of public drunkeness, as well as any applicable under-age drinking charges. Call me suspicious, but I sure wonder why the editors put a page break where it is. Sheesh. The writers and editors of this rag wonder why their circulation continues to fall.

BTW. It turns out, that I also missed the reference to this great news in the VCDL Update of 9/3/05 - Part 1 ... an update that I recall scanning, looking for additional information about the scandalous (if not unlawful) BATFE/local PD behavior at Richmond-area gun shows over the past year. Sometimes one doesn't see the good news, for all of the bad.

Even after checking all of the hits from Google, I never did learn the immigration status of Señor David Jeovavy Valdivia Dominguez. If I was a betting man, I'd wager a nickel -- cold, hard cash -- that Ol' Three Nostril Dave is not in this country legally.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:14:03 AM EDT
Excellent post
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:40:13 AM EDT
That's not far from where I live. Only down side to this story is the "alledged" perp lived...it's SO much cleaner when they can take them directly to the morgue.

If there is any jurisdiction in the state that's more gun unfriendly than Arlington, bob's your uncle. Hopefully the homeowner won't have any problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:36:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By long-rifle-tactical:
Excellent post

+1000 !

It really pisses me off the way they portray these scumbags as the victims.
The homeowner did good, give him the key to the city & a free box of jhp's.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:41:37 AM EDT
Nice research. Something tells me that is he was truly "cowering" in the house somewhere, he would still be cowering after getting shot in the face, rather than running away.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:31:34 PM EDT
homeowner= 1
dirt-bag= 0
Top Top