Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:18:15 PM EST
I am in Mesa on business at the moment. Before I came out here, my Father told me that when he went to flight school here back in the 50's, they used to go to a place called The Western Tavern in Chandler.
Does anybody know if this place still exists? I would like to checkk it out and maybe get a picture there for Dad.

Thanks,
ktm500
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:30:33 PM EST
www.montis.com/lahistory.htm

1946 to 1956 Leonard operates dining area of Western Tavern, Chandler
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:30:07 PM EST
It was on the Northwest corner of Chandler Blvd and Kyrene Rd. It got torn down about 5 years ago it had been open for several years.
Later,
Gavino
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:58:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By Gavino:
It was on the Northwest corner of Chandler Blvd and Kyrene Rd. It got torn down about 5 years ago it had been open for several years.
Later,
Gavino

... kinda like Norton's Corner.

... Shed a small tear when they razed that shithole last year. I remember stories about my dad and his partner getting in a scuffle with some drunk cowboys there when he was an LEO in my youth.

... 20 years later, myself and a buddy carry on the tradition by getting into a fracas there with some drunk cowboys during a "Gilbert Days" celebration
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:55:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:

Originally Posted By Gavino:
Later,
Gavino

... kinda like Norton's Corner.

... Shed a small tear when they razed that shithole last year. I remember stories about my dad and his partner getting in a scuffle with some drunk cowboys there when he was an LEO in my youth.

... 20 years later, myself and a buddy carry on the tradition by getting into a fracas there with some drunk cowboys during a "Gilbert Days" celebration

Yep, sad tradition gone. As a 14 year old kid, we used to launch water baloons into NC's parking lot as it closed. We pissed off many drunken shit kickers in those days....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:50:36 PM EST
Thank you very much everyone.

I will have to drive down to where it was and find the closest place to have a steak. Dad said that when he was here he would always try to hitch a ride with someone so that he could go get a steak at the Western Tavern. I will let him know that I got as close to it as possible.

thanks again,
ktm500
Top Top