Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So what do you consider "doing what is right"?

I'm done being told to vote for the lesser of two evils. Done.

I'll vote Bailey in the primary then sit home when the general is between prickster and Irvin. Or I'll vote for an independent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with theory of independents but in this climate, it is just an excuse to throw away your vote.  I understand the frustrations of the two party system but, in major races, it will always be one of the two.  It is time to start trying to turn the ship and we will never get it done if people don't start doing what is right.  Dems are destroying us and those that vote for them are copeable.  The only hope we have is that the Republicans get a nad and moral compass and start acting like Republicans.  Let the democrats cater to the special interests...woke...baby killers...greenies...gun banners...freeby folks...plump border crossers...cop haters...criminal lovers...military weakeners...college debt forgivers...and the unions that help vote them into power...It is time for the good people to stand up and unite...just do what is right!

I'll vote Bailey in the primary then sit home when the general is between prickster and Irvin. Or I'll vote for an independent.

Which is exactly how Prtizker got elected in the first place.

Sorry, but this is Illinois, it doesn't matter if we have a good or even perfect candidate make it to the general and get elected. There will likely always be a supermajority of democrats in the house and senate thanks to Chicago so the best we can ever get is a governor that isn't a democrat so congress won't work with him and we get 4 years of deadlock/not making things worse (short of separating into two states at I-80 and turning southern/central Illinois into a solid red state).

If you want your vote to matter more than that then leave Illinois for a purple state - overall you will not only be adding a solid conservative vote where it will matter you will also be helping drop the pop numbers in IL so we keep losing representatives in the U.S. House. If I weren't locked in here for another 20 years minimum this would be my play.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
doing what is right is voting for the best candidate.  If you want to waste your vote in the general in order to get Pritzker elected, that is your business.  Doing what is right comes down to your reason for helping Pritzker win.  
What part of the democrats agenda do you support?
View Quote

What's the difference between Prickster and Irvin besides the letter after their name?

What good does it do the state and we subjects in this state to elect a RINO?

Like I said, I'm done having self appointed experts belittling me because I don't vote for the "lesser of two evils"...
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sorry, but this is Illinois, it doesn't matter if we have a good or even perfect candidate make it to the general and get elected. There will likely always be a supermajority of democrats in the house and senate thanks to Chicago so the best we can ever get is a governor that isn't a democrat so congress won't work with him and we get 4 years of deadlock/not making things worse (short of separating into two states at I-80 and turning southern/central Illinois into a solid red state).

If you want your vote to matter more than that then leave Illinois for a purple state - overall you will not only be adding a solid conservative vote where it will matter you will also be helping drop the pop numbers in IL so we keep losing representatives in the U.S. House. If I weren't locked in here for another 20 years minimum this would be my play.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with theory of independents but in this climate, it is just an excuse to throw away your vote.  I understand the frustrations of the two party system but, in major races, it will always be one of the two.  It is time to start trying to turn the ship and we will never get it done if people don't start doing what is right.  Dems are destroying us and those that vote for them are copeable.  The only hope we have is that the Republicans get a nad and moral compass and start acting like Republicans.  Let the democrats cater to the special interests...woke...baby killers...greenies...gun banners...freeby folks...plump border crossers...cop haters...criminal lovers...military weakeners...college debt forgivers...and the unions that help vote them into power...It is time for the good people to stand up and unite...just do what is right!

What's the difference between Prickster and Irvin? What candidate can beat Irvin in the primary?

Illinois is a big agriculture state and a big union state. Separating the state won't change a thing as both those groups vote heavily democrat for the free shit they get.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
One hopes anyone that wants their candidate to win is volunteering to man the phones, send out mailers and go door to door for their campaign so that they will win the primary.

Simply worth mentioning because it might seem like someone stomping their feet, sticking their fingers in their ears, sitting cross-legged in the corner and refusing to participate in a general after doing absolutely nothing but bitch during the primary might seem like a petulant child.

I, for one, know we all thoroughly enjoy the FOID modernization act and ghost gun ban we got because of all the perfectionists that wouldn't vote for an imperfect Republican last time around.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One hopes anyone that wants their candidate to win is volunteering to man the phones, send out mailers and go door to door for their campaign so that they will win the primary.

Simply worth mentioning because it might seem like someone stomping their feet, sticking their fingers in their ears, sitting cross-legged in the corner and refusing to participate in a general after doing absolutely nothing but bitch during the primary might seem like a petulant child.

I, for one, know we all thoroughly enjoy the FOID modernization act and ghost gun ban we got because of all the perfectionists that wouldn't vote for an imperfect Republican last time around.
View Quote

How many republicans voted for those two bills? How many republicans have voted for the most recent tax hikes?

I may sound like a petulant child but there's quite a few here who sound like battered women. "The republicans won't screw us over this time!! They really do love us!!!" It's time for republicans to start earning our votes. They haven't earned mine yet...
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Illinois is a big agriculture state and a big union state. Separating the state won't change a thing as both those groups vote heavily democrat for the free shit they get.
View Quote

This sums it up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in Deep Southern IL and our county is very agricultural and nearly every farm family I know is extremely Republican.  Our county went 80% for Trump.
I will claim some political expertise as we were in Springfield most every week they were in session for 15 years.  Valinda & I were Rauner's 2A advisors by the end of his term.  Yes, he was too liberal but, he was good on guns.  

We started the movement in Southern IL to get County Sheriffs and State's Atty. to publicly declare they wouldn't prosecute or arrest folks for the silly gun laws the democrats were passing...they would only prosecute people actually committing  crime.  We did several town hall meetings getting law folks on board.  Darren Bailey was at each meeting speaking for his constituents.  Covid shut us down.  He was the only Senator (with our help) that pushed back against the ISRA's FOID modernization law.
I know him very well.  He isn't flashy but, he is true.  We have worked hard to get him through the primary.  We seek no position and only want a good man governor.  If we can knock off 4 senators, they would lose their super majority...it is possible...I just don't know how bad it gets before people wake up.  The republican leadership needs to go...they like the ISRA are big problems.

The last polling I've seen had Bailey within the margin of error of Ilk Irvin.  Considering at that time Ilk Irvin had outspent Bailey by multiple of millions, it is amazing it was that close.  Since that time, Bailey has gained the support of a rich donor so his campaign just got new life while Ilk Irvin still has problems getting liked.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This sums it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This sums it up.

No that is simply inaccurate. If you subtract the votes from the Chicago area, Pritzker wouldn't have won in 2018 and that was a relatively low conservative turnout year to begin with. You will see similar results with any Presidential election you care to look at.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2018/illinois/governor/

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/illinois/

Quoted:
Quoted:

How many republicans voted for those two bills? How many republicans have voted for the most recent tax hikes?

I may sound like a petulant child but there's quite a few here who sound like battered women. "The republicans won't screw us over this time!! They really do love us!!!" It's time for republicans to start earning our votes. They haven't earned mine yet...

The recent tax hike was 100% on Pritzker and the democrats, it was rolling back the tax reduction from Rauner. As for the gun laws, are you somehow not aware of the current congressional makeup in Illinois? Democrats always have a majority, they currently have a supermajority and Republicans have absolutely no say in how this state is run if every single one of them shows up and votes against every piece of trash that gets pushed it will still pass with a veto proof majority.

Conservatives didn't show up to the polls in 2018 it got us Pritzker, it got us a tax increase, it got us the two most anti gun bills passed in my 40 years of life here, it got us a pro abortion bill on par with New York. Now, IF, we had Rauner and IF there was still a supermajority of Democrats you could say that some of that maybe would have happened anyway but him vetoing things would have happened and slowed or stalled at least some of it but who is to say what the congressional makeup would look like if people had actually shown up to vote Rauner in in the first place.

Illinois is almost the poster child example of why showing up to vote for an imperfect candidate is better than sitting at home.

https://ilga.gov/senate/
https://ilga.gov/house/
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:23:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

so do I but I feel that all of them are just shitty moderate dems posing as conservatives.....
View Quote

This. They are both POS RINOs, we get the candidates we deserve here in the Worker's Paradise. Even if either one were elected, as Rauner the Dunce found out, they aren't getting shit passed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Darren Bailey has been our state rep. and senator.  It is just plain wrong to lump him in as a rhino.  I challenge anyone to show proof otherwise.  Irvin is a proven democrat on the worst kind.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This. They are both POS RINOs, we get the candidates we deserve here in the Worker's Paradise. Even if either one were elected, as Rauner the Dunce found out, they aren't getting shit passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so do I but I feel that all of them are just shitty moderate dems posing as conservatives.....

4 years of not getting shit passed is infinitely better than 4 years of every retarded progressive democrat idea breezing through like we have had since 2018, like, in addition to my examples above, schools being forced to teach transgender history
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Again...How does this reflect on Bailey who is adamantly opposed to the freaky indoctrination of school children.
When the voters put a super majority of crappy democrats in power it isn't the fault of the few good folks that are actually fighting against those destructive efforts for it passing.
To further my argument, Bailey and his wife started and run 2 Christian schools.  I'll guarantee none of the democrat gender crap is happening in those schools.
People need to get involved...it isn't pleasant and often times generalizations are true but we have to recognize when there are actually good folks trying to do the right thing.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Again...How does this reflect on Bailey who is adamantly opposed to the freaky indoctrination of school children.
When the voters put a super majority of crappy democrats in power it isn't the fault of the few good folks that are actually fighting against those destructive efforts for it passing.
To further my argument, Bailey and his wife started and run 2 Christian schools.  I'll guarantee none of the democrat gender crap is happening in those schools.
People need to get involved...it isn't pleasant and often times generalizations are true but we have to recognize when there are actually good folks trying to do the right thing.

View Quote

Don't misunderstand me, I am 100% for Bailey and he is who I will be voting for primary day. My main point I have been making is to say, even if he doesn't get the nod and we end up with Irvin, or whoever else, for the general we shouldn't be sitting out voting because we didn't get the best guy for the job - basically even the rhinoest rhino would be better than pritzker.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I get it now and sadly, your are right.  The worst real republican is better than the best good democrat.  Rauner definitely had some issues but, he was good on guns and as his advisors (on 2A), Valinda & I had some abilities to twist tails with the state police.  We had some voice.  Right now, the only way to have a voice in Springfield is if you are singing along with the anti gunners like the ISRA's bad lobbyist and leadership are doing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
New Poll shows Bailey 15 points ahead of Irvin...

Doesn't look like all the lying has paid off for Ilk Irvin!
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New Poll shows Bailey 15 points ahead of Irvin...

Doesn't look like all the lying has paid off for Ilk Irvin!
View Quote

I'm in Woodford county and am in Tazewell county frequently. The only yard signs/posters I've seen are all Bailey(for whatever that's worth).
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I am voting for Paul Schimpf.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Everyone needs to get out and vote! Not voting is exactly what blue wants us to do!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am definitely sick of the constant attack mailers (2-4x a week) and texts(at least 1 a day) I get from his campaign. If I didn't know anything else I wouldn't vote for him based on the constant spam of bullshit.

I'll vote him in the general if I have to, but Bailey gets my vote in the primary (hear that Irvin campaign you can save a few bucks and stop mailing me now).
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The people who I have interacted with while circulating petitions, attending public meetings, chatting with potential voters, encouraging people to register to vote, etc., are a mix of union members, non-union people, retired people and small business owners, so your union angle is not going to wash.  Most of these people are non-union and they're white, black, hispanic, asian American, straight, gay, etc.  

They do not trust Bailey.  They will not be supporting Pritzker or Bailey in the upcoming elections and neither will I.  

Bailey is not the only candidate who has proposed legislation to eliminate the FOID card or other legislation to support firearm owners. There are other Republican candidates who are pro 2nd Amendment.  

Even if Bailey's ideas about how to solve problems in Illinois are 180 degrees from what a lot of other people are thinking, he could have earned the trust of more registered voters had he been more forthcoming.  It would have been in his best interest to not dodge questions about important issues, other than firearm rights, when asked direct questions and spoken his mind about what needs to be done truthfully.

We need a candidate who we believe can beat Pritzker, and who we can trust.
View Quote

Who, then? You’ve told us who you will not have, what will you have?  
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Tiberius- I support Paul Schimpf.

I participated in another rifle match on Saturday, then went to a gun show.  Quite a few people were discussing the upcoming primary election and Republican candidates.   A couple of people were supporters of Gary Rabine.  A few more support Paul Schimpf.  Several said they support Richard Irvin, because they believe he is the only Republican who can beat Pritzker.

I asked if any of them would vote for Darren Bailey in the primary election.  They were concerned about his voting for Joe Biden.

A couple of people said they would vote for Bailey if he publicly stated "No, I did not vote for Barrack Obama" and "No, I did not vote for Joe Biden" and no one could produce evidence that contradicts these statements.  "I have never, ever supported a Democrat" was considered an unacceptable answer to the question.

There were a few retired state employees at the gun show.  One of them was an 81 year old lifetime NRA member and lifelong Republican who retired from IDOT.  He said "I cannot afford to vote for Bailey."  I asked how he would vote if Bailey won the primary election and he ran against Pritzker.  He replied "I cannot afford to vote for Bailey."

The upcoming primary election should be interesting to say the least.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Bailey pulled a democrat primary ballot as a result of Rush Limbaugh's operation chaos in that election in an effort to keep Hillary off the dem. ballot.  It was ONLY because of Limbaugh's scheme.  To think that someone as conservative as Bailey voting for those chuckleheads on purpose is crazy dishonest like everything else Irvin has said about him.

The only ones that will help Pritzker in the general are folks that get democrat payoffs using our tax dollars and life long democrats that refuse to see their party has left them.

He replied "I cannot afford to vote for Bailey."
View Quote

as long as people continue to let the dims buy their support, we will continue to have these people in office killing our state and making life miserable for everyone.   The good people are leaving the state because of the poison the democrats and those that support them foist upon us.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#23]
If Bailey voted for Obama or Biden in the Democratic primary as part of Operation Chaos, he would do well to discuss this openly and in detail.  That would carry a great deal of weight with people in our area, and likely in other parts of Illinois.  He could pick up a lot of votes by clarifying the issue.

The 81 year old retired IDOT worker cannot afford to have his pension cut by several hundred dollars a month, so I can understand his position.  The Democrats are not buying his support, he paid into a pension fund for decades.  If the money was not put in the pension fund, due to unethical practices by the state legislature, that issue needs to be addressed first and foremost.  

We haven't seen Bailey's plan to stop the legislature from deferring deductions from state employees' paychecks, destined to the pension plans, and using the money for pork projects.

I spoke with 53 people on Saturday.  Bailey does not have as much support from pro 2nd Amendment people as he might think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If Bailey voted for Obama or Biden in the Democratic primary as part of Operation Chaos, he would do well to discuss this openly and in detail.  That would carry a great deal of weight with people in our area, and likely in other parts of Illinois.  He could pick up a lot of votes by clarifying the issue.

The 81-year-old retired IDOT worker cannot afford to have his pension cut by several hundred dollars a month, so I can understand his position.  The Democrats are not buying his support, he paid into a pension fund for decades.  If the money was not put in the pension fund, due to unethical practices by the state legislature, that issue needs to be addressed first and foremost.  

We haven't seen Bailey's plan to stop the legislature from deferring deductions from state employees' paychecks, destined to the pension plans, and using the money for pork projects.

I spoke with 53 people on Saturday.  Bailey does not have as much support from pro 2nd Amendment people as he might think.
View Quote

Yep, my pension is a concern with Bailey also. I have a smidgeon in IMRF and the rest in TRS. The IMRF is well funded, of course, its beneficiaries are state employees, not necessarily teachers. The TRS has been a victim of both Union and the fund managers (state). I once confronted Jesse Jackson jr., yeah that one, at a union legislative breakfast. He got a little perturbed when I suggested that we'd been abused by the fund managers and the state. Oh, and generally fucked by the union.  

I contributed to the pension for a long time and the a-holes downstate (state house)  have been chomping at the bit to curtail or cut the pensions for a very long time. This is on top of the percentages that have been sidetracked before it gets to the fund. Talk of large pensions taken in by teachers on the Northshore or in well-heeled community districts is not the norm. Most of us receiving TRS  have taught in modestly paid districts. Your payments are based on an average of the last three years of salary.

When it comes to the 2nd amendment all politicians are naturally suspect.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#25]

The 81 year old retired IDOT worker cannot afford to have his pension cut by several hundred dollars a month, so I can understand his position.  The Democrats are not buying his support, he paid into a pension fund for decades.  If the money was not put in the pension fund, due to unethical practices by the state legislature, that issue needs to be addressed first and foremost.  

View Quote

It is amazing that you were able to actually track 53 people's voting preferences at an event...

I can't appreciate the 81 year old's position when I'm not seeing a connection between Bailey and his loss of "several hundred dollars a month"....I see maneuvering to position pritzker to be re-elected by misguided folks.

Further, the obama/biden nonsense: He has discussed this openly and in detail many times – follow his Facebook page and watch the videos and this one, please share it:
Bailey's own words.

Darren has repeatedly said on the campaign trail that promises made to pensioners must be promises kept.

As Gov. Bailey can veto proposed  legislation that would sweep funds and use them for pork projects.

Bailey

A vote for Schimpf (while a good guy has no chance of winning anything) or some independent candidate is just a back door way to get pritzker's ilk back in power.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I spoke with a total of 53 people at two events.  Both events were attended by a total of a few hundred people.  Anyone who is politically active would be remiss if they did not take advantage of talking with a good sample of the public.

A lot of people are very unhappy with the ISRA right now.  The ISRA's endorsement of Bailey may or may not help him.  

I'll share the Bailey links with my email list for shooting and political groups, roughly 150 people.  I did not hear Bailey say anything about keeping the promise to pensioners or fighting the legislature to stop them from stealing pension funds in the videos.

Alvin York expressed the same concerns I have heard repeatedly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I did not hear Bailey say anything about keeping the promise to pensioners or fighting the legislature to stop them from stealing pension funds in the videos.
View Quote

Where is Schimpf's statement?

Who is your union endorsing for Governor and why?
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I spoke with a total of 53 people at two events.  Both events were attended by a total of a few hundred people.  Anyone who is politically active would be remiss if they did not take advantage of talking with a good sample of the public.

A lot of people are very unhappy with the ISRA right now.  The ISRA's endorsement of Bailey may or may not help him.  

I'll share the Bailey links with my email list for shooting and political groups, roughly 150 people.  I did not hear Bailey say anything about keeping the promise to pensioners or fighting the legislature to stop them from stealing pension funds in the videos.

Alvin York expressed the same concerns I have heard repeatedly.
View Quote

Whenever I hear someone complain that I or anyone else had a choice to work as a teacher/educator so why complain that our pay is shitty, and pension fucked I have to laugh. I started out working in the trades, had I been able to stick with the union/trade I was in I'd have ended up with a stable pension, gilt plated platinum medical plan and an annuity to beat the band. All of it would have been well funded. But, it was not to be due to construction injuries that forced me to leave the trade I was in and go with my fallback. In my mid-thirties I finished my education classes and got certified. I had already earned a bachelor's.

As public education teachers, we are forced to enroll in TRS. Not to worry we were told your contributions are safe and you'll get it back when you retire we were told. So you can understand when I say I'm more than a little concerned about my pension.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#29]
So you can understand when I say I'm more than a little concerned about my pension
View Quote

I don't have enough expertise to confidently discuss this issue.  I know a judge recently stated that this state doesn't have an under funding issue, it has an over promising problem.  Something has to be done or the system will collapse.
Again, who is the union wanting in the Governor's chair?  I've seen unions dump big $$$ into Democrat races and then the Democrats come back with lucrative contracts and provisions... Meanwhile, everyone suffers with gun rights, pervy education mandates, de-fund police, no criminal left behind bars, masks and business shut down, etc.  Cat just announced it is moving to Texas... These folks are killing this state...Taxing the productive folks into leaving and expanding the numbers of those that don't pay taxes...
We have to make a change.

Latest poll has Bailey nearly double the anointed democrat Irvin!
Bailey 30%    Irvine 17%
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Where is Schimpf's statement?

Who is your union endorsing for Governor and why?
View Quote

I don't vote based on who a particular union is endorsing.  I vote based on what would be best for the State of Illinois as a whole.

The state does have a overpromising issue, but that is not the primary cause of our financial woes.  What is causing even more damage to state finances is misappropriation of pension funds, highway funds, earmarked federal funds, etc. by the legislature.

I think defined benefits pension plans are unsustainable for employees of the State of Illinois.  A matching 401K plan or similar alternative is more viable and should be considered for new employees in the near future.  

The State of Illinois needs to keep its promise to those who are already retired and those who have paid quite a few years into their pension plans.  Any Republican candidate who feels otherwise will push lifelong Republicans into voting for J.B. Pritzker.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tiberius- I support Paul Schimpf.

I participated in another rifle match on Saturday, then went to a gun show.  Quite a few people were discussing the upcoming primary election and Republican candidates.   A couple of people were supporters of Gary Rabine.  A few more support Paul Schimpf.  Several said they support Richard Irvin, because they believe he is the only Republican who can beat Pritzker.

I asked if any of them would vote for Darren Bailey in the primary election.  They were concerned about his voting for Joe Biden.

A couple of people said they would vote for Bailey if he publicly stated "No, I did not vote for Barrack Obama" and "No, I did not vote for Joe Biden" and no one could produce evidence that contradicts these statements.  "I have never, ever supported a Democrat" was considered an unacceptable answer to the question.

There were a few retired state employees at the gun show.  One of them was an 81 year old lifetime NRA member and lifelong Republican who retired from IDOT.  He said "I cannot afford to vote for Bailey."  I asked how he would vote if Bailey won the primary election and he ran against Pritzker.  He replied "I cannot afford to vote for Bailey."

The upcoming primary election should be interesting to say the least.
View Quote

My bad…I should have read the whole thread before replying.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't vote based on who a particular union is endorsing
View Quote

While I appreciate your statement, you didn't answer the question.  Who does your union want in the Governor's chair?
Your continued attempts at chipping away at Bailey while stating that you supported first Irvin then Schimpf without producing any evidence to back up your assertions about Bailey makes me think you are parroting union talking points...Sorry if I'm wrong.  You seem to find an overwhelming number of "gun people" that don't trust Bailey without any evidence as to why they feel that way.  You cannot connect the dots to your assertion "81 year old retire who will lose hundreds of $$ if Bailey is elected".

Anyone that looks at the big picture in IL and cannot see that the democrats are destroying the state is choosing willful blindness.  This state is on fire...I don't know if it can be saved...I do know it will be hard work and sacrifice by good people.  Caterpillar & Boeing are leaving.  This can't go on.  This is our best chance to vote in change.  The democrats have screwed over our kids, our workers, our businesses, our race relations, and our health, our economy, our police, our energy, our gun rights, and our security.  We might get something done if we all pull together.

Bailey on Pensions

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

While I appreciate your statement, you didn't answer the question.  Who does your union want in the Governor's chair?
Your continued attempts at chipping away at Bailey while stating that you supported first Irvin then Schimpf without producing any evidence to back up your assertions about Bailey makes me think you are parroting union talking points...[u][b][u]

Anyone that looks at the big picture in IL and cannot see that the democrats are destroying the state is choosing willful blindness.

Bailey on Pensions

View Quote

You're wrong.  I am pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment, pro-small business and I am not pushing any union agenda.  I don't disagree with you about the Democrat's marxist agenda and destruction of Illinois.  We need to turn things around and it's not just the Governor's office that needs turned over.

I viewed the video.  This is the first time I have heard Bailey be specific about pensions and his comment about protecting people who make less than $140,000.  That would cover everyone I know, including a few family members, who are currently drawing pensions or who will be retiring within the next few years.  They all earned or are earning considerably less.

I attended a gun club event yesterday.  We had a low turn out due to the heat.  The few people I spoke with have already voted for Raybine, Schimpf and Sullivan.   Like it or not, that's how they voted.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#34]
So, now you have issues addressed, how are you planning to vote?

Also, please answer the question about who your union wants in the Governor's seat?

You are right about things that need to change...I'm hoping that people will recognize the disaster we are living in and start voting these democrats out.  

We were born into strong democrat families but, we saw the light in the mid 90's and other than some local races (and Brandon Phelps), haven't looked back.  This democratic party has left its base.  While the Republican party leadership in IL is really bad, they are not evil.  After spending about 14 years in the State House, I believe the Dems. are evil.  Just look at what they are trying to teach our kids in school.  Anyone that enables them to continue are culpable in what they are doing.  I've seen them in action and it is ugly!  

(this has been a long journey.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Also, please answer the question about who your union wants in the Governor's seat?

View Quote

for me, I'm retired, and I don't care what the teachers union wants. Nor have I ever. The more I'm learning about Irvin the more I'm put off. I'll be voting for Bailey in the primary.  If Bailey is the candidate I'll be voting for him in the general. No doubt he's lightyears better than Piggly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am not in a union.  I am a small business owner.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I am not in a union.  I am a small business owner.
View Quote

So, you haven't had access to Union talking points...Maybe a friend or family member?

If I'm way off base, I apologize...It is just that your arguments seem to align with the union folks.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So, you haven't had access to Union talking points...Maybe a friend or family member?

If I'm way off base, I apologize...It is just that your arguments seem to align with the union folks.

View Quote

I am not a union member.  I look at every issue on all sides.  I am a firm believer that a person, and unit of government, should keep their word.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I am not a union member
View Quote
View Quote

the questions were who are you going to vote for and do you have connections to union members.  You have used union talking points and strategies.  Seemed to have a union bias that a small business owner would not advocate.  
You have been forthcoming stating you were for Irvin and Schimpf in past days.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, that went swimmingly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#42]
We get the one candidate that has zero chance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Deleted
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

That is what they said about the primary...he didn't just win it...he crushed it.  The fall will be a different animal but if it can be done, he will do it.

We were with him last night when he got a congratulations call from President Trump.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is what they said about the primary...he didn't just win it...he crushed it.  The fall will be a different animal but if it can be done, he will do it.

We were with him last night when he got a congratulations call from President Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Surprisingly even in Cook county Bailey pulled 49% of the vote, way more than any of the other candidates.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Surprisingly even in Cook county Bailey pulled 49% of the vote, way more than any of the other candidates.
View Quote

I think more people care about it more this cycle than in the recent past.

I know a guy who voted in the Primary for Bailey - 2 mos ago he had no clue who Baily was, but this thread informed him and when he saw attack ads from Irvin he decided that Baily must be legit. He went to the polling place, got a ballot, voted for Bailey and no one else then walked out
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#47]
There has never been a better time for a conservative to do this.  The democrats and those that vote for them are killing the state and people are feeling it.  There has never been a Republican candidate that has worked this hard for this long.  He is a close friend of ours (former Rep. and current Senator) and I'm amazed that he can maintain his enthusiasm.  I would have flamed out long ago.  We have worked for the past 4 Gov. campaigns (for free) and there is no comparison.  He has done this while fighting big money and the Ilk republican establishment.  Jim Durkin is co-chair of the Irvin campaign and minority leader in the house.  He is horrible and has really jumped the shark in this election.  He needs to go too!

The people that don't like Bailey either haven't met him or fear getting beat by him.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 7:16:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Darren Bailey wins GOP nomination for Illinois governor
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I went to a dinner this evening where small business owners and a few big business owners attended.  We were told in advance there would be no political fund raising at the event and no one running for office was on the list of speakers.

After dinner, and the speakers were finished, people were milling about discussing politics and the current state of the economy.  Many asked who others would support, financially and vocally, in the 2026 election to run against J.B. Pritzker.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#50]
So, I guess Pritzker is expected to try to get back in to Gov. seat in 2026?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top