Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:08:26 AM EDT
Any of you guys know anything about this group?  My dad and I went in yesterday to look at SIGs.   Saw an Arsenal "milled from solid steal" AK for $1250.00.   I dont know much about AK's but is that a little high, or is that about right?

My real question is if any of you guys know if this is a good group or if ya'll know anything about these guys?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#1]
ripoff.....

most arsenal guns can be had for under $1000 except the classic line.

I know the sam-7 carbine from arsenal goes for $650 on average.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ripoff.....

most arsenal guns can be had for under $1000 except the classic line.

I know the sam-7 carbine from arsenal goes for $650 on average.

you know exactly what arsenal it was from his description?

my guess is that it is the SAM 7 classic.  Did it have blonde wood?  If so it's not an outrageous price, they usually go new on the EE for about $1100 or more.

-mark
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I know Art, the owner. He is on my Good Guy list.

Keith
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#4]
This is one of the old time Houston stores for mil type rifles.
They have (or use to have) a tone of stuff back when Carter’s would not carry anything with a synthetic stock much less an “army gun”.  It’s a small hole in the wall place and you will pay a bit more but they use to have things that you could not get anywhere else.  Back in the day they had a full line of HK products P-7, 93, 94, 91 with or without folders.  Plus all the mounts and the PSG-1 and UZI, FAL and the line of Steir sniper rifles.  Plus Remington’s full line of Police guns.      
It’s where I special ordered my HK 940.  

I need to stop in and see what they have.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Good guys, they are very helpfull with class 3 transfers
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
lots of nice toys there.

without knowing which model arsenal its hard to tell if its a ripoff or not but most of them are up there after you factor in the storefront so it doesnt sound too bad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is one of the old time Houston stores for mil type rifles.
They have (or use to have) a tone of stuff back when Carter’s would not carry anything with a synthetic stock much less an “army gun”.  It’s a small hole in the wall place and you will pay a bit more but they use to have things that you could not get anywhere else.  Back in the day they had a full line of HK products P-7, 93, 94, 91 with or without folders.  Plus all the mounts and the PSG-1 and UZI, FAL and the line of Steir sniper rifles.  Plus Remington’s full line of Police guns.      
It’s where I special ordered my HK 940.  

I need to stop in and see what they have.

I saw like 3 AK's, bunch of sigs,  couple rusty ak mags on the bottom right display, and some cowboy relovers.  NO AR15s that I saw.   Some other older wood rifles.  And yes its definatly a hole in the wall.  It wasnt a bad place though.  Just curious since my dad is gonna buy a second SIG from him.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lots of nice toys there.

without knowing which model arsenal its hard to tell if its a ripoff or not but most of them are up there after you factor in the storefront so it doesnt sound too bad.

Didnt get close enough to look at that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lots of nice toys there.

I'll ask again because it would signify correctly what type it is:

did it have a blonde wood stock set?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:46:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
lots of nice toys there.

I'll ask again because it would signify correctly what type it is:

did it have a blonde wood stock set?

I wouldnt say blonde. looked like wood from the hardware store.  Light colored, but appeard as though it didnt have any finish on it.  I didnt get to hold it so I dont know what texture it was, weather or not it was finished.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#12]
where are they located and when are they open?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#13]
republic arms
2126 W 34th st.
713-550-8034

during the ban era they had a mean list of nib "pre-bans" for a fair price at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top