Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:22:53 PM EDT
Went tonight. Kinda crowded. Saw someone breaking into a blazer. Well I wasnt sure it was getting broke into but when we left the lock on the back hatch was missing. Went inside to the exhabition hall. Same stuff as always although the Bush supports had a booth. Tons of peope their getting signs, complaining about theirs going missing. Walked by the Kerry/Edwards booth, a lot less people their. Waled around, got a bunch of food. Why are their so many fat people at the fair? Shesh. If you are walking around, funnel cake in one hand, turkey leg in the other and our spouse holding a soda letting you drink from it, you dont have a glandular problem. We watched the figure 8 demolition derby. That was cool. First one I've ever seen. It was an ok trip.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard about the rides smelling like urine and one guy litterally shitting his pants after a ride.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been to the Fair in 20 years for good reason. I'm sure it didn't get better.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you get your gun in?  Or are they going with metal detectors?  I wouldn't go down there anyway, but just curious.

I heard the fair is overrun by illegal aliens anyway.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you get your gun in?  Or are they going with metal detectors?  I wouldn't go down there anyway, but just curious.

I was packing my glock 26. No metal detectors or patting down.  A lot of not so nice looking people down their of all races. Don't leave anythign valuable in your car. The car that i saw geting broken into was 3 isles away from the main gate.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#5]

vatos in hairnets,
combined smell of corndogs, urine, sewage and BO,
overpriced tickets to 45sec. rides with sticky handles and seats,
illegal aliens,
gangbangers walking with their arms wrapped around the hickey-covered necks of their skanks-du-jour,
rigged games on the Midway,
Aztlaners herding their litters of grimy-faced welfare-pups through the crowds,
strange puddles of foul-smelling liquids everywhere,
carnies,

What's not to love about the fair?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah crap a girl wants me to take her there tonight...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked medical at the fair for 3 years....  

I DON'T go to the fair unless I have too... and for damn sure I WON'T ride any of the rides!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, I just found out she went with her family or some crap.

The plus side is now I don't have to go.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#9]
only reason why I went was becouse the homebrew me and my dad entered won 2nd and 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
As a lark, back on one particularly boring Sunday in 1992, with nothing better to do I headed down to meet some friends at  "Hamburger Works." A friend of a friend happened to be my future wife.

Of course, I began the whole day off on the wrong foot. I used to drive a beat-up International Scout II that was so ugly, I had a running joke with myself that I would try to park next to a dumpster to save others the pain.

So, rumbling into the Hamburger Works parking lot, I spied a dumpster with an open parking space. As I headed to it, in slipped a Pontiac Sunbird. Dang. As I got out of my truck, I blurted out (I was trying to be humorous, really),  "Hey, your car looks just great next to that dumpster."

Later that day, we found that we had a mutual dislike for Billy Ray Cyrus and his "Achy Breaky Heart."

On such things is love built upon.

Rick
PS, avoid the "Dollar Night' like the plague.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not suppose to allow weapons....guns, knives etc....DPS Lady asked if I had a knife...told her nope and she waved me through.  Notice DPS using  hand wands on "selective males & females" he
Heard there was a robbery/knifing in the main parking lot!?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not suppose to allow weapons....guns, knives etc....DPS Lady asked if I had a knife...told her nope and she waved me through.  Notice DPS using  hand wands on "selective males & females" .  Mainly around the waist & under arms.  No problem getting my 26 in with ankle holster.

I got patted down in front of the family. DPS  guy asked if I had any knives/guns, as  he was grabing my front pocket. I showed him my Winchester multi-tool ($3.99), which he said I could not take in because it had a blade. I gave it to him to "hold" because it wasn't worth the $4 to walk back to my car. He was proud of himself and let me through. I was proud of myself, because I kept two cold steel pieces on my person.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Hamburger Works has great wings!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
vatos in hairnets,
combined smell of corndogs, urine, sewage and BO,
overpriced tickets to 45sec. rides with sticky handles and seats,
illegal aliens,
gangbangers walking with their arms wrapped around the hickey-covered necks of their skanks-du-jour,
rigged games on the Midway,
Aztlaners herding their litters of grimy-faced welfare-pups through the crowds,
strange puddles of foul-smelling liquids everywhere,
carnies,

What's not to love about the fair?

God damn that's an accurate description of the State Fair. I haven't been there in years. The last time was only to see a band that was playing there. I don't care what anybody says...Illegal Aliens make everything worse.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not suppose to allow weapons....guns, knives etc....DPS Lady asked if I had a knife...told her nope and she waved me through.  Notice DPS using  hand wands on "selective males & females" he

I got patted down in front of the family.hock.gif DPS  guy asked if I had any knives/guns, as  he was grabing my front pocket. I showed him my Winchester multi-tool ($3.99), which he said I could not take in because it had a blade. I gave it to him to "hold" because it wasn't worth the $4 to walk back to my car. He was proud of himself and let me through. I was proud of myself, because I kept two cold steel pieces on my person. hr

were they using the wands at all?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
They were patting people down?  Last year at the county fair there wasn't any security screening at all.

What time did you get there?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#19]
went sunday afternoon, no pat down, no metal detectors.  my wife and i just love to people watch, good place to do that.  even though we didn't go on any rides, got a soda or two and couple bites to eat, went through $60.  damn it is expensive.  lots of security - pd, sheriff, rent-a-cops with guns, ghetto bird flying around...i will not go to it at night though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Not too bad. The typical Wal-Mart crowd which makes me feel so handsome, thin, and attractive by comparison.

Holy shit....

The Horror.....

The Horror.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
only reason why I went was becouse the homebrew me and my dad entered won 2nd and 3rd.

Damn... I always forget about that homebrew competition... and I just tapped a keg of my own stout... smooooth... Pretty certain it would be a judge-pleaser.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Mmmmmmmmm.......stout! When should I be over!?!?!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got back... it wasn't too bad.  The Game and Fish building was great.  We rode some rides, ate some food, watched the Supercross bikes, climbed the rock wall.

Did anyone go and play laser tag?  It was mildly amusing, my 8 year old loved it though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top