Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 6:59:06 PM EDT
Does anyone have a good resource for rentals in Stillwater that isn't Craigslist?

My wife and I own our home in MS but while it sells and we decide on our final location we'd like to rent a place in Stillwater without being robbed or lambasted by college kids.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:39:35 AM EDT
Have you tried Zillow? I think they have rentals on it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:01:19 AM EDT
My wife has. We are really not having any luck.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:53:06 AM EDT
Sorry to hear that. I'm ot too familiar with Stillwater, but if it's anything like Norman you will probably start seeing more places pop up next month when college students head home. Maybe it is just a slow market right now?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:03:17 PM EDT
I'd just call a management company and ask what they have available.  Also, if you call the realtors in the area, a lot of them do rentals themselves or can point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:02:53 AM EDT
Do not use Stillwater Management.

My daughter rented a place from them, and they were terrible.

Stillwater's a problem because most of the rentals are used by the college students. The rates are insane compared to what the same size place would go for in OKC or Tulsa.

If you really want to live in/near Stillwater, have you considered Glencore, Perry, or Perkins? They're fairly close, but the rentals may be a bit more reasonable.

If you really want to live in town, look at the neighborhoods to the west of town, and North. Those areas have some nice neighborhoods, and you will most likely be away from most of the college students. As a former student/Stillwater resident, I can tell you there's nothing worse than living next door to drinking age students. They have ZERO concept of time or volume.
Top Top