Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:47:37 AM EDT
I am coming to Reno 10/31 through 11/4 for business.  Most likely I will have the afternoons free on 11/1, 2 and 3.  Kind of rare for a buisness trip to turn out like that but I am only needed onsite in the AM hours each day.

My coworkers usually stay at the Atlantis or the Hilton.  I could care less about gambling.  Local manager in Reno suggested the Peppermill.  Any thoughts on these?

Any places within an hour or so for AR shooting?

Any good sporting clays clubs nearby?

I will do research on my own, but hey, what is ARFCOM for if not this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a good range in Carson City, about 30 minutes south. It is on Flint Road. Free to shoot, bring your own targets/stands out to 300. I just went there for the first time, and I had a blast.

I would go with the Hilton. Peppermill and Atlantis are in conjested areas and just plain suck. Hilton has teh 24hr bowling center, which is sweet. We should have an ARFCOM bowling night, followed by shooting the next day in Carson. We can reserve 2 lanes and get some peeps together.

Either way the CC range is fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Bowling night.  I love it!  We can have an indoor pin shoot too.  I will request the Hilton!

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol at the indoor pin shoot.

*lane 5 please come to the front desk, lane 5 please come to the front desk, the hotel manager would like to speak with your party*
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Go out Pyramid Hiway out of Sparks and the range is 20 miles out. Its a ways but if you dont know the area thats the place to go...Carson City is to far for what you want.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont know , the pyramid one isnt exactly the greatest thing or the shortest trp. then agian ive never gone to the carson one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#6]
It beats the hell out of being arrested for shooting in a congested area.......better safe than in jail I always say LOL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
We can discuss range selection at the pin shoot!

I am thinking shotguns.  On a serious note, outdoor shooter bowling could be fun.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#8]
were is everyone meeting up, the gun show or what?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
were is everyone meeting up, the gun show or what?

Well I will be at the show, so we can meet there.
This thread is for later this month. ;)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#10]
well when you guys figure out the time and place count me in less im off hunting some place.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well when you guys figure out the time and place count me in less im off hunting some place.

What you're not going to suggest going shooting at the Sparks marina
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top