Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2010 8:53:10 PM EDT
Thinking about hitting up Pyramid this Sunday with the girlfriend unit.  Been here 2 months now and looking for any other suggestions for fishing in the Reno area.  I'm boatless right now so it would be shore fishing for me.  Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
you should hit up meestermurphy. He is the fish whisperer.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck bro, I've caught more fish with a 30 caliber than a rod and reel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 6:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Fishing at pyramid sucked opening weekend. we went out on a boat though.  Normally I have good luck on wino beach if I'm fishing from shore
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fishing at pyramid sucked opening weekend. we went out on a boat though.  Normally I have good luck on wino beach if I'm fishing from shore

Stopped in Mark-Fore to grab some spoons and was told that wino beach was a good place to start.  Will I be able to fish there without a ladder?  

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stopped in Mark-Fore to grab some spoons and was told that wino beach was a good place to start.  Will I be able to fish there without a ladder?  

Yup
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Pyramid you really need a boat with downriggers.   You might catch a couple from shore, but you'll get 15-20 on downriggers.

Truckee river is ok wherever they stock it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Truckee river up in Verdi is a good trip. Catch lots of fish, but have to throw the lil guys back. Just make sure to check if you're in the trophy area or not; stiff penalties if you get caught breaking the rules there...
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input. Thinking I might buy a boat next weekend.  We'll see if I can catch anything from shore untill I get paid.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, had a pretty good trip for my first time.  Caught a 20 and 21 inch Cutthroat trout; saw a few more landed but nothing to crazy.  I was told the water is still a little to warm for the bigger fish so I'll try again in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, had a pretty good trip for my first time.  Caught a 20 and 21 inch Cutthroat trout; saw a few more landed but nothing to crazy.  I was told the water is still a little to warm for the bigger fish so I'll try again in a few weeks.

where did you end up going? What did you catch them on?
Link Posted: 10/17/2010 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Started at Wino Beach at sunrise and saw one smaller (15-16 inch) caught by some guys wading and throwing spoons.  Decided to move to a new area and stopped at Washout but left after almost getting stuck and having to throw my rig in 4wd just to make it back to the road.  Caught the first fish above Pelican Beach off a little finger north of where all the boats were putting in.  Pulled out the second fish, the bigger of the two, down from the Spider Rock pull out after navigating a pretty bad dirt road.  Ended the day at a very crowded Blockhouse.  Talked to a few people there and was told only one fish was taken by a young lady which after some investigation found out caught a 24+ Cutthroat.  Good looking fish and girl.  Thinking the water is still on the warm side from my experience but looking forward to going back soon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#12]

3rd trip since my post and 3rd fish.  All over 20 inches so far but waiting to get a little bigger catch before I keep one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top