Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 7:40:45 AM EDT
I have a  AR15 with a 20" Fulton-Armory hbar  with   "the  thing" ( FA  faux  flash suppressor )  now that the  AWB  has  gone away ( at least for the time being )  I am considering  getting "the thing" removed and having the  barrel  threaded for an authentic  birdcage flash suppressor.   If this is a feasible  option as opposed to purchasing a  new barrel assembly.  I need a  guality  gunsmith in the lower Bucks county area who could handle this  properly.  Any suggestions ?
Thanks  for your assistance
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Mustang,

You might want to check out my earlier post in this forum regarding a good gunsmith in the Dublin area.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=185513

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well i checked with Fulton and  the  faux FS is only pinned on so should be fairly easy to get off.  Howver the barrel is NOT  threaded and will need to be.   Will this become  one big  PIA  and would i be better off just  purchasing a new barrel, or is there a good gsmith/machinist  who can do  the job ??    
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Mustang,

Far cheaper to thread a barrel and get a birdcage than to dump a perfectly good barrel and start anew.

Regards,
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top