Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 11:40:02 PM EDT
Anyone hear anything or shoot this rifle before? http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm Or is it LE only?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Turners in Fountain Valley has one on the rack ... despite my being assured by a salesman there back in spring that they must be illegal in California.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd consider purchasing one if the magwell didn't make the damn thing so unattractive.

(...and if it wasn't pump)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I handled one a few weeks back and wasn't terribly impressed.

Felt like a relatively cheap piece of junk.    Wasn't impressed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
yea but i still think its a good plinker gun for those of us w AR's and masses of mags.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
for no real good reason other than to have another gun!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Turners in Fountain Valley has one on the rack ... despite my being assured by a salesman there back in spring that they must be illegal in California.

I had the annoying, old Asian-looking guy at Traders chastise me for 10 minutes about how the FAB-10 I wanted to buy was an assault weapon and illegal.

I wanted to slap him.

He has NEVER not been giving someone a hard time about something in all the times I've been at that store. Frikken asshole.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the annoying, old Asian-looking guy at Traders chastise me for 10 minutes about how the FAB-10 I wanted to buy was an assault weapon and illegal.

I wanted to slap him.

He has NEVER not been giving someone a hard time about something in all the times I've been at that store. Frikken asshole.

That's funny.  I bought my FAB-10 receiver at Traders and they usually have one in stock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought one last Monday and can pick it up on the 1st.  Cost $540 + tax + DROS.

I'll  take it to the range on the 3rd and see what it can do.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yea but i still think its a good plinker gun for those of us w AR's and masses of mags.  

Im not fond of pumps but would like to try one someday. For now, because I have some old AR mags, I went the SU-16 route...

(flamesuit on just in case! )
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#11]
They should have made a semi-auto version, I'd prefer that over at least the Fab10, and haven't tried the SU16 yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They should have made a semi-auto version, I'd prefer that over at least the Fab10, and haven't tried the SU16 yet.

Many Californians would. As far as I've heard though, they're only interested in targeting the LE market, which is why they built it off the Remington 870 platform.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm we got guys that make stocks for 870s to mimic AR  stock placement, cheek weld and sight pictures.  And Remington went the other way.  Put the .223 in a gun that mimics the 870.

Why did they do it" Because there's probably a whole pisspot full of cities and counties where the LEOs could never convince the politicians they needed ARs but they could have no problems convincing them these will do.   After all the doubling oup on training, etc, not an evil black rifle.

For the sake of illustration.  Take an LEO who for the last 10-15 years has had a sidearm and an 870 and has had a lot of practice with the 870s, and minimal rifle work.  Take him to a tactical shoot of some kind and give him an AR and one of these and let him  try the courses of fire.  Whaddaya wanna bet he shoots far better with the Remmie?  and loves the shit out of it?  He make like the AR, and want one too, but he's going to be far better with the Remmie until he gets a lot of AR practice under his belt.

Hell if I didn't have a black rifle already here in CA, I'ld think this would be a hell of a fun plinker.  In fact I think it oughta be a nice plinker, anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Uhmmm... pump action crappy broom + accepting AR mag.......... Give me a break!

Problem #1: Such setting is difficult to keep a stable shooting position.
Problem #2: Since it is not semi-auto, why not adding a pistol grip?

Conclusion: I would rather saving up for a semi-auto AR-mag-accepting .223 rifle from Volquartsen. At least the Volquartsen rifle looks much nicer.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Uhmmm... pump action crappy broom + accepting AR mag.......... Give me a break!

Problem #1: Such setting is difficult to keep a stable shooting position.
Problem #2: Since it is not semi-auto, why not adding a pistol grip?

Conclusion: I would rather saving up for a semi-auto AR-mag-accepting .223 rifle from Volquartsen. At least the Volquartsen rifle looks much nicer.

Just my 2 cents.

It does look kind of nice, but $2000, ouch
picture of volquartsen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top