Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 6:03:19 PM EDT
I recall a number of threads in the past along the lines of, "What legal choices do Californians have with regard to semi-auto centerfire rifles?"  I can't find the latest with search (I'm sure it was only within the last month or two), but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning the Remington 7400.

This rifle was just brought to my attention today.  It is available, among other calibers, in 30.06 and .308.  It comes with a four-round detachable magazine, but ten-rounders are available in the aftermarket.

Why don't we see more of these in California?

On a similar subject, anyone know a good source for reliable ten-round magazines for a Mini-30?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I've got a preban thirty rounder for that in my garage somewhere
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
the remington 7400/7600 rifles suck. that is why you don't hear much about them.

as for reliable mini 30 10 round mags there are none. you can try promag or masen but they will not be close to factory quality.

i don't see how ruger could be more anti gun. they won't even make the 10 round mags for their mini rifles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the remington 7400/7600 rifles suck. that is why you don't hear much about them.

Ahem.  That was useful and informative.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#4]
the way the bolts lock up is their main problem. the bolt lugs and the reciever or barrel(i forget which) that it locks in to beat eachother to crap. go look at an old used one and look at the bolt lugs. they are OK for the shoot a box of ammo a year hunter but for what you are looking for it will not last long. this info was given to me by remingtons factory repair center gunsmith for southern california.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Remington is coming out with the Model 750 which is supposed to be an improvement over the 7400.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top