Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 4:04:33 PM EDT
Reiter Foothills Update June 16, 2009‏
Future Recreation at Reiter Foothills
The Reiter Foothills Recreation advisory committee has completed its work. DNR is now beginning work on internal review and development of a draft recreation plan for the area. We hope to have that plan ready for public input and SEPA review late this summer.

This Week at Reiter – Important Changes
In the meantime, we are continuing work on interim measures that are consistent with the draft planning concepts. This weekend, we will begin closing some of the off-road vehicle trails in Reiter Foothills. The measures are necessary to reduce the loss of fish habitat and to protect downstream water quality.
ORV riding will still be allowed in many areas, specifically in places that are being considered as potential riding areas under the recreation plan for Reiter due out this summer.
Effective June 19, all trails north of May Creek and south of the Deer Creek crossings will be closed.
Effective July 15, all trails in a small area north and west of Hogarty Creek will be closed.
For a map of the area and the trails to be closed, go to: www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_reiter_interim_strategies_map06-09.pdf
Closed trails will be clearly marked with signs. We appreciate anything you can do to help us communicate this message. Please forward this e-mail to your friends and recreation colleagues.

My staff and I are committed to working with local user groups to transition the Reiter area from an unsanctioned recreational facility to a sanctioned facility that meets environmental standards and provides users with a safe, enjoyable, and sustainable recreational experience. DNR is working with various partners to identify high-priority restoration projects that can be done in the next few months to address environmental damage in the area. DNR will be working with user groups and volunteers to sponsor work parties to help manage the area and protect resources. Please contact David Way at (360) 854-2830 for more information and dates of upcoming volunteer events.

Thanks!
Candace Johnson
Assistant Region Manager, State Lands
Northwest Region
Washington State Department of Natural Resources
(360) 854-2803
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree with this guy 100% -  MACE_Hardware: All these people know how to do is close trails. Is there any authorized route to the Index Wall?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
They keep closing them and .01% of the public will have access.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure that they will eventually close the whole thing
off in a year or so just like everything else around here
I used to ride up in pilchuck before they closed that cuz
Of all fucktards that were dumping their garbage out there
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks KA3B for the post I'm sending it to people that are there a lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been out there 3 times in the last 2 weeks...

Stopped by DNR cops on motorcycles all 3 times. Today it was Deer Creek.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I agree with this guy 100% -  MACE_Hardware: All these people know how to do is close trails. Is there any authorized route to the Index Wall?

That guy needs to watch what he says.  He might make the DNR sad.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top