Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 9:46:14 PM EDT
Well, its 2am, halloween night, sitting here on my PC, listening to depressing music, wondering why on earth I moved back home to
Michigan... As poor as I was becoming in AZ, I regret leaving...alot.

I miss mountains, palm trees, cactus, deserts, cool looking desert plants, coyotes, odd AZ bugs, awesome shooting laws,
open carrying, being able to take a drive through mountains and relaxing beautiful filled areas when stressed, great hiking areas
only minutes away, AZ sunsets/sun rises, weather, cool desert landscape front yards, "monsoons", nice cars, AZ College girls,
even the rides home from work during sunrises, the people, great drives to the rio salado range, friends, random days off where
I would pick a direction and drive 40-100 miles and see where I would end up, Prescott, the hiking areas on the way home from work,
Mexican food, overly congested traffic (Yes, I for some strange reason even miss that), the lack of the english language being spoken,
contruction that never seems to end, awesome roads in the desert not far away to quad/dirt bike/rally, AZ Nights, Jack in the Box,
In N Out, Flagstaff, Mesa Community college, the overall feeling of knowing you're on your own, neighbors, Breakfest bowls (JITB),
The fact that all the best states were an arm length away, Long Wongs ( Who names their resturant long wongs!?), Carl Jrs, and
Overal the epic scenery I would see on a constant basis, and never once not think how awesome it was.

If you read everything above, i apologize for my rambling. regardless, after I finish school, I'll be back...
Moving to MO next semester to finish school, and then its back out there! Prescott/flag/north AZ FTW.
I'll be back for a visit sooner or later, Hope the guys from Prescott are having a shoot around that time,
since I MISSED the last one while there.

favorite pic I've taken while out there:
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I moved here about 8 months ago from long island NY. I don't even want to go back for a few days to visit my family. That's how awesome AZ is. (Or maybe it's how much NY sucks.)
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Llama, you tell us when you'll be here and we'll get some guys together for a shoot.

Oh and distance makes the heart grow fonder. Or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Llama, you tell us when you'll be here and we'll get some guys together for a shoot.

Oh and distance and below 0 temps. makes the heart grow fonder. Or something like that.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you guys contacted Markm to reapply for permission to come back?  He may demand proof you haven't had any close relationships with a Liberal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you guys contacted Markm to reapply for permission to come back?  He may demand proof you haven't had any close relationships with a Liberal.

Half my family is canadian.... Most Canadians I know A) LOVE Obama... and B) duck when you mention guns C) Begin to become scared of me
when i tell them I use to OC in AZ.....

Good thing is, all my relatives in MI are republicans. Only thing I'm going to get out of this is an Evolution IX, since I have no rent to pay. Yet I would
still give the car up to come back. Whatever, I'll be down there once I buy the car, for some shoot time.  One thing I don't miss are those
damn speed cameras....

When I do visit, I'll let you know Rizzo, I can't not visit prescott again. Need to get sun burnt again

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I know exactly where your coming from. I moved here from Ohio 10 years ago and would just "take off" out into the desert for days without seeing another person. Fast forward to 2007. I had the chance to go work in Texas where the starting pay was better than my current pay and houses were cheap. After driving around DFW area I realized that there was no "open range" so to speak. It was all private land and you needed a to be in a "lease", or something to that effect, to have access to a large chunk of acrage to go play on. I flew back to AZ and told myself "nope, not gunna do it...wouldn't be prudent". I haven't been happier. I'm not money rich by any stretch, but I am happy rich, if that makes sence. And being happy rich is MUCH more important than $$ rich anyday.
BTW..it's going to be 90f tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know exactly where your coming from. I moved here from Ohio 10 years ago and would just "take off" out into the desert for days without seeing another person. Fast forward to 2007. I had the chance to go work in Texas where the starting pay was better than my current pay and houses were cheap. After driving around DFW area I realized that there was no "open range" so to speak. It was all private land and you needed a to be in a "lease", or something to that effect, to have access to a large chunk of acrage to go play on. I flew back to AZ and told myself "nope, not gunna do it...wouldn't be prudent". I haven't been happier. I'm not money rich by any stretch, but I am happy rich, if that makes sence. And being happy rich is MUCH more important than $$ rich anyday.
BTW..it's going to be 90f tomorrow.

It wouldn't be that bad if there was SOME kind of scenery around here. I mean all there is is farms, trees, farms, more farms, more trees, a tree, those trees over there and you guessed it...trees.

Granted when i go up north to my grandparents (they own lots of land in the middle of 1000s of acrs of woods) and its overly beautiful, but like I said, its the same thign everywhere.

And as much as I liked the heat in AZ, I seriously LOVE winter, but in the past 5-10 years, winters in this part of the state are not like they use to be. When it snows, it melts, but only to
the point where it leaves ice on the ground, so its hell to drive it. WHen I was younger, it use to snow, and there would be feet of it everywhere, for months without end. I LOVE the snow,
which is why when I do move back, depending on if I choose Cop Or BP with my degree, I'll be going north, so if I want snow during the winter months, its only an 1-2hr drive tops

On my way home from AZ, I drove north from Phoenix, to the north Rim, all the way through UT, CO, to MI. AZs part of the US is epic... I took 100s and 100s of pics...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top