Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2014 12:29:50 PM EDT
So, just curious.

I'm looking at that registration form for the SAFE act, and it looks like it requires last 4 of social, which I don't appreciate; as well as a NY driver license or state ID number.
So, what about folks who don't have NY ID/License? And I don't just mean non-residents, but I'm talking NY residents who simply don't have ID's (You know, the same people liberals whine about when the topic of voter ID comes up) Is their right denied?  Or is it just a case of STBY?

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Why were you looking at the registration form?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you are going to find alot of people with experience in registering here that can help you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Last 4 digits
FUAC
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
A question for anybody who has seen the registration form, is it true that you don't have to list what or how many 'evil features' the firearm has?
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A question for anybody who has seen the registration form, is it true that you don't have to list what or how many 'evil features' the firearm has?
View Quote

No, you do not have to list evil features.  An AW is an AW, and if you owned it before Safe you are legally allowed to posses an AW regardless of how many features it has...... The 94 ban rules do not apply anymore because Safe replaced the 94 ban and the 3 feature test with the retarded 1 feature test.  I'm not saying you should or should not register, but you can view the forms online without giving any personal info...... FUAC!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Sorry I didn't look at it long enough to notice before I wiped my ass with it  
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

True, but you do have to list the Type (rifle, pistol, shotgun), MFG, Model, Serial, Caliber, antique or not?
I think once you have one feature, it no longer matters which features it has or how many of them.

You can see the form here ( http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/documents/PPB-11-1.pdf ), not that any of us need it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why were you looking at the registration confiscation form?
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fixed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why were you looking at the registration confiscation form?

Fixed.

Lol. Yep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]
As usual. your blah blah blah fixation is making you miss the point. The constant posturing for no one but each other isnt helping anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No, you do not have to list evil features.  An AW is an AW, and if you owned it before Safe you are legally allowed to posses an AW regardless of how many features it has...... The 94 ban rules do not apply anymore because Safe replaced the 94 ban and the 3 feature test with the retarded 1 feature test.  I'm not saying you should or should not register, but you can view the forms online without giving any personal info...... FUAC!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful taking your legal advice from the guy who can't remember that the '94 ban was a 2 feature test.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Careful taking your legal advice from the guy who can't remember that the '94 ban was a 2 feature test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats what I meant..... Doesn't matter what the 94 ban was though, it doesn't apply anymore. Everyone should do their own research and draw their own conclusions before making any moves.  Oh and read the actual text of law not the Safe website BS.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The use of a social security number is banned under federal law, surprised no one has challenged it.  

View Quote

PA asked for the SS # on my last renewal too. I thought the same as you but they sited some law that allowed them to do it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top