Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2013 8:26:55 PM EDT
I recall reading a post that someone registered their 80% receivers and they went through 100% ok with the state.

Was this true?

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 9:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
it's possible but i would guess they told the state they were finished prior to april.  so.....  it's kind of a grey area when it comes to proof, they can only go off of what you tell them.

if you just drill one hole in it or do anything it's at least an 81%+ at that point so there fore a receiver and an active firearm (i think).
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I put them on my sworn affidavit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They are done and were done prior to the 4th, what you put for Mfg. and Ser# and do you have examples.

I was also nervous that I heard your legally only allowed to do one per person.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I did a bunch
My name for manufacturer
I made  a number up xxx001
Model was none on the form.

I put (ar15 clone)  on the affidavit but it may not be necessary.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Were any of your's AR pistols, or just rifles? I had asked in a different thread about home made AR pistols. I have a few receivers i will register, i wanted the option of making at least 1 into an AR pistol if i can.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
no, but there is no spot for barrel length or pistol/rifle.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
one of the worst, unethical, dishonest gun shops in the state. avoid.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh? Wrong thread?
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Huh? Wrong thread?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh? Wrong thread?

sorry, sleep deprivation will do that to you...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you actually need to register self-finished lowers under the new bill?
I thought federal law protected you since it isn't ever imported as a firearm, and did not need to be registered....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]
You wouldn't have to register one that has not been brought beyond 80% (but it is now worthless because its too late to finish legally), but you do have to register one that has been started.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You wouldn't have to register one that has not been brought beyond 80% (but it is now worthless because its too late to finish legally), but you do have to register one that has been started.
View Quote

I wouldn't call an unfinished 80% receiver worthless.  It can be saved until the next scare drives up the price, he can hold onto it until he moves out of this craphole of a state, or there's the remote possibility that these most recent laws will be thrown out, in which case we'll have a window of time in which to finish them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call an unfinished 80% receiver worthless.  It can be saved until the next scare drives up the price, he can hold onto it until he moves out of this craphole of a state, or there's the remote possibility that these most recent laws will be thrown out, in which case we'll have a window of time in which to finish them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is also certain ways of constructing things out of them that aren't assault weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top