Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:30:16 PM EDT
Somewhere in here I thought I read a posting before, that I can register a pre-ban AR-15 if the weapon is caliber 22LR, that is with a conversion kit.

Was I dreaming, or was there any possible truth to the above statment. Any suggestion, comments or recommendations please.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 11:31:54 PM EDT by Mike_Mills]
I would doubt you'd be ale to do that. The rifle was originally manufactured an dsold as an AR-15, no? You simply put a drop in conversion kit into the otherwise centerfire upper, right? Not gonna fly and you know it.

DPMS makes some pump action 22's that look like AR's. They are not called AR-15's. The rifle is sold as a pump action rimfire, so the lower receiver should be known as a rimfire receiver to its manufacturer. Has anyone tried to legally obtain one of THOSE in California?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:48 AM EDT
Following the letter of the law, you could get a post-ban receiver and dedicate it to .22 rimfire. DOJ will not allow this since they are blocking the import of legal non-listed receivers. You could build a lower, again questionable with DOJ.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:43:38 PM EDT
I saw one in a gunshop about 3 years ago, I think it was a Bushmaster that was .22lr but it was forsale.
Top Top