Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 8:19:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
As I am new to the area I don't know what restaurants and such are good in the Snellville area but there's one place I can recommend.

It's called:
Summit's Wayside Tavern 3334 Stone Mountain Highway A, Snellville

It's a bar & grill, they have an entire wall of beer on tap and the food is considerably better than standard bar fare.  They have an outdoor area as well.  The guy we bought our house from said they have the best wings you've ever had which is a bold claim.  I've not tried them yet.  It was a little loud for my taste but YMMV.  Great atmosphere in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Crystal Beer Parlor in Savannah
The Union restaurant in Milton
Six Feet Under in grant park,ATL
Agave in Cabbagetown, ATL
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Fox City Brewing Co in Forsyth GA (not county). Website
They opened back in June of 2020 I believe (great timing, damn Covid)
This is more of a restaurant than brewery. Food is top notch for small city dining plus their beer is good (especially their Stout). Can seat a good bit of people in 3 different dining areas (probably close to 180-200) plus 2 large outdoor decks.
My wife & I went 4-6 weeks ago for a early dinner and was blown away by the quality of food.
We had the Smoked Gouda Pimento Cheese for a starter (liked it so much we ordered another order to go).
She had the Center Cut Filet steak
I had the Beer Braised Short Rib Sliders

We will certainly visit again
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:22:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: southerncross] [#5]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#7]
About the only place me and the wife ever go around here is Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth and we also like Bigun's BBQ in Talking Rock. Both get quite crowded on the weekend but we like them. We really don't go too many other places.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLDiver] [#8]
Forsyth County is really a depressing county for unique places outside of the typical chain shit.

A few bright spots though.

-Amos’ BBQ midway between Cumming and Ball Ground.

-5 Boroughs Pizza has a good pizza pie and wings.

-Casa Nuova Italian. Farm to table place owned/operated by a family. My favorite restaurant in the area.

-The Ridge Chophouse. Steak/seafood place similar to a Stoney River.

-NoFo Brewery right on the Forsyth/Dawson border is a fun Weekend hang out. Routinely have food trucks, Cornhole and music. Outdoor area with firepits as well plus the beers are pretty good.

-Cherry Street brewing at Halcyon. Better beers and good food plus the draw of the rest of Halcyon. Gu’s dumplings are there if you’re into that sort of thing.

Marie’s Italian Deli. Good pizzas, deli sandwiches and desserts.

Gusthaus Tirol...German and European cuisine.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Slow Pour Brewing in Gwinnett (Lawrenceville). Typical brewery experience, large outdoor area with tables and  cornhole, they regularly have food trucks on site, live music and comedy nights occasionally. In the heart of downtown Lawrenceville in an old converted building.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Tucker Brewing in Tucker has good German style beers and recently opened their kitchen which has good food and a seasonal menu.  Large Biergarden and outdoor stage with periodic live bands.  

Three Taverns Brewing in Decatur is a cool spot, their specialty is sour beers but they also do some wild flavored high gravity imperial stouts that are often quite good.  They are partnered with a Meat Pie vendor but will occasionally have other food and snacks for sale.  Also offer limited bottlings and growlers/crowlers.

Meltons in Decatur is a good little pub/bar, Irish nachos are the shit.  

Leon's Full Service in Decatur is an awesome restaurant with a good cocktail menu.

Pea Ridge restaurant in Decatur is another small local spot with good food that changes often.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Dacula:  

Edee's Place BBQ  2300 Liam Ave, Dacula, GA 30019

Short of going to Texas, you won't find better brisket

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Brunch Apothecary 2595 Fence Rd, Dacula 30019

Only open Thurs - Sun 9a - 2p.  Wait times to be seated can get long, but the food is that good.  They will charge you for everything though, as I found out when I ordered country fried steak that didn't come with gravy.

Lawrenceville:

Universal Joint 181 W Pike St, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Burger and beer joint, Good food and not over priced

Bethlehem:

True Vine Southern Kitchen 916 Loganville Highway, Bethlehem, GA 30620

Chicken centric fare, but well done and usually quick service.

Duluth:

Frankie's the Steakhouse 6500 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097

Reservations are required, business casual dress code.  Great date night dinner place, frankly in my opinion is head and shoulders above Ray's.  Plan on spending 150-200 before tip.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#13]
LaTrattoria (sp?) in Carrollton is
By far the best Italian I have eaten.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top