Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2008 2:13:06 PM EDT
I had  two lawyers qoute me 750$ - $900 to set up a trust. I really don't want to pay this much, but is there an advantage to having a lawyer set it up vs using Willmaker? Does anyone know of a lawyer here that will do it cheaper, or can one of you walk me through setting up one on Willmaker over the phone?

Thanks,

Robert
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I spent tons of time in the general class 3 forum reading about trusts and trying to decide if I should mess with Willmaker.  When I finally bought it the software was so easy I wish I had just done it earlier.  It will walk you through each step and its hard to mess up.  

edited to add:

I haven't actually received my form 1 back yet so I can't know it all went perfect!  But if I get approved with what I did I can tell you it wasn't painful.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just do it through Quicken and then get a friend who is a Notary to notarize it...just as legal...
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
willmaker walks you through itself...

If you have questions, let me know.

Form 4's worked just fine...
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
there's no reason to give your hard-earned money away to lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys I will try it and see.. Now If I can find a stock for the V51P. :( My only thing is naming the trust..

Regards,

Robert
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have lots of questions... Do I put anything into the trust like the gun I am going to sbr, since it is not offically been sbr'd yet, and which part do I send to the ATF?

Regards,

Robert

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have lots of questions... Do I put anything into the trust like the gun I am going to sbr, since it is not offically been sbr'd yet, and which part do I send to the ATF?

Regards,

Robert

You will need to put something into the trust to start with, so yes... you can put the rifle you will be SBRing into it.

I believe the ATF now requires you to send two trust documents:
1. Assignment of Property (Schedule A)
2. Declaration of Trust (just to be safe, I'd send the Certification of Trust also).

Make sure you send copies of the above items, and keep the notarized originals for yourself.

This thread will answer ALL of your questions.  trust nfa thread  It's 50 pages long, but at least you don't have to pay anybody.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Try the guys at Iron Ridge Arms, they can do the trust for you and they have a notary on staff. think they run 200.00 and you can register the trust with the state. call them for info...?? 303.772.G36K
www.IronRidgeArms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top