Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 4:28:16 AM EDT
So the buses pulled in last night. About 2,000 people. As expected, many are sick, and a few are dying. Some of them died on the trip here. Some of them died after they got there. It's not a good situation but they are now our neighbors. I didn't know if you all knew about this so I thought I'd post it here. I know if bigfoot were seen most of you would know about it. I didn't know if you guys watched anything else though.

So, thoughts, opinions? Please share. I can tell you now that the EMS system is a little tied up transporting patients to the various hospitals. Several different EMS agencies are participating in the transports. Some crews have reported "mass chaos" at Gruber. I don't think it's quite that bad but they were there, I am not.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:34:32 AM EDT
TwoBravo, those barracks are open, no privacy. They may have to move in some more trailers/mobile homes. The kitchens for the barracks are not operational until units are there for training.
Yeah, I'd bet it is chaos! I don't remember much about the infirmary, but I believe it isn't too big.
Plus the infrastructure, water and sewage treatment, may not be good enough to handle the demands from the refugees!
What a mess!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:33:32 AM EDT
well if it isn't up to their standards, they'll be bitchin to the media that Oklahoma ain't treatin them right and they'd been better off staying in Louisianna, just sit back and watch, at least one will say something negitive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:16:07 AM EDT
Scooter you been down there??
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:27:00 PM EDT
At least they'll be able to get a good burger and shake at the drive-in in Beggs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:31:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TangoRomeo:
At least they'll be able to get a good burger and shake at the drive-in in Beggs.

That is the only place to eat close. Last time I ate there was with an auditing team from the DOD and a honcho from the ARNGB. They seemed to like it! Muskogee is about 20 miles away. Wonder if there will be any car jackings in Beggs like their was in Houston?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:34:21 PM EDT
I dont know when we are going to get the ones we are in this area, some of the local churches and the Chickasaws are going to put them up.

I read in todays local paper that one of the items the refugees will be given is cell phones.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:15:05 PM EDT
Geez, Louise! I just looked at my post above and realized I typed Beggs instead of Braggs. Just chalk it up to a senior moment guys. Damn, gettin' old is a pita. But I guess the alternative ain't too good either!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:21:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:
That is the only place to eat close. Last time I ate there was with an auditing team from the DOD and a honcho from the ARNGB. They seemed to like it! Muskogee is about 20 miles away. Wonder if there will be any car jackings in Beggs like their was in Houston?

Yep, it's the only place I'm aware of, and their chow is actually pretty darn good. I'm usually through Braggs about every other month travelling between Enid and Lake Tenkiller. I try to stop in for a bite every trip if I can make it before they close for the evening.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:03:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OKLA-LAWMAN:
Scooter you been down there??

I don't know who you were talking to but I'll say yes. I laugh in your general direction copper.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:32:39 AM EDT
i live in muskogee but i haven't seen refugees. i have heard that it pretty bad at gruber,people stealing beer and stuff from benges convieniant store. braggs is about 20 mins from me.
Top Top