Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 8:35:50 AM EST
I have to attend some classes at Redstone this summer. I hear there is not much to do down there. Tell me they are wrong. Any suggestions on places to visit during the weekends? Hows the weather during May June July? Is there any good 4th of July fireworks near there?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:05:11 PM EST
As far as the weather is concerned, we have 4 seasons like most of America does, 'cept we call our seasons "Almost Summer", "Summer", "Damn It's Hot" & "Next Summer".

Point Mallard Park over in Decatur puts on a decent fireworks show on the 4th.

Rick
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:34:10 PM EST
Cullman County is Currently sponsering Bengle Tiger Hunting. Just Kidding, but one is running around in the area of Cullman. Evidently someone's "Pet" got away, but no one has stepped up to claim it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:42:46 PM EST
Weather: hotter and more humid than what you're used to but shouldn't be too bad.

Things to do: Space and Rocket Center will fill one good day.

There's hiking on Monte Sano, boating on the TN river, fireworks in Hsv., Madison and Decatur, take your pic.

Merlin
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:38:40 PM EST
Thanks everybody for your response. I will put these on my list. Is Independence Dr. NW a good area; Restaurants, Calm drinking hole (bar) etc,.. Any favorite places to eat near there? I think thats where I will be staying.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:37:43 AM EST
There is a fair amount to do. I came here from VA and like it. What part of VA are you from? I am in the Huntsville area.

Gary
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:52:48 AM EST
Coming from Northern Va..
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:53:18 PM EST
Hunt me up if you are inclined to kayaking/canoeing/shooting or coyote hunting. Kind of hard to get them all in on one day but I've done it before. I don't need much of an excuse to go camping either. In fact, I'm going coyote hunting right now. Later....

rk
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:52:37 PM EST
Thanks for the invite. I will be there May,June and July. Seeing how my schedule goes I might take ya up on that. Thanks for all the ideas. AR members helping each other once again. Gotta love it. Take care!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:45:36 PM EST
Look me up when you get here I am sure we can find something to do or some palce to shoot. Weapons are not a problem.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:53:39 PM EST
Just got back, busted a big male coyote. Come on down. If you want to bring some hardware I'm sure it won't be a problem for one of us to keep them for you while you are here. RSA is real anal about guns and such. I'm retired army.

rk
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:09:56 PM EST
If that’s where I’m thinking you will be within walking distance of an Arby’s, Mc Donald’s, and Wendy’s. University has a lot of real restaurants too. It’s probably not the best area of town, but I don’t think it’s a bad part of town either.

There’s a small military history museum that’s worth seeing too. Not many people know about it. It’s off of Airport road (west of the Parkway) behind the guard armory and right next to a police/fire training site. You can see the tanks from Airport so it’s fairly easy to spot. I think they are only open on Saturday though, its run by volunteers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:17:31 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 3:20:03 AM EST by wolfpak]
Thanks ERTPoint, AXL, and Thuban. I appreciate the offers and suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:43:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Thuban:
If that’s where I’m thinking you will be within walking distance of an Arby’s, Mc Donald’s, and Wendy’s. University has a lot of real restaurants too. It’s probably not the best area of town, but I don’t think it’s a bad part of town either.

There’s a small military history museum that’s worth seeing too. Not many people know about it. It’s off of Airport road (west of the Parkway) behind the guard armory and right next to a police/fire training site. You can see the tanks from Airport so it’s fairly easy to spot. I think they are only open on Saturday though, its run by volunteers.

Outstanding little museum, good catch. If you go south on the Parkway and get off the service road, you'll see the USMC Reserve Center; the Museum is sorta behind it but you have to go to Airport, go west (right) and then come back up north to the museum. Has a tanks, trucks, couple of planes, not too bad at all.

Merlin
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:28 AM EST
Marine Corps Reserves, not the Guard… I knew that, sorry had a brain fart.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:22:29 PM EST
Semper Fi. I will go see it. tks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:17:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By gunham:
Cullman County is Currently sponsering Bengle Tiger Hunting. Just Kidding, but one is running around in the area of Cullman. Evidently someone's "Pet" got away, but no one has stepped up to claim it.

FWIW, there's been another sighting of the Tiger, this time closer in toward the city. It may well be time to load up and be on the look out:) Axl, you got a call to lure in a Tiger?

Rick
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:00:10 AM EST
I want a little pussy?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:19:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 12:25:02 PM EST by Rick03a3]

Originally Posted By axl:
I want a little pussy?

ROTFLMAO

Rick
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:46:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:01:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:40:45 AM EST