Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/20/2004 10:24:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2004 10:25:41 PM EST by rynoglock]
Hi all,

As the post count shows, I'm new to the forums. I moved from New Mexico to Seattle about a year ago. Currently, I only shoot handguns (mostly Glocks - the evil black handgun), but am in the process of building out my first evil black rifle and am looking for a place to shoot.

I'm getting more and more frustrated trying to find a place. Indoors is all well and good, but I really prefer to shoot outside when possible, and to be able to shoot farther than 50 feet... I really only have two desires: within 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Seattle (the closer the better) and to be able to rapid fire. I went through some of the other threads, and it seems like the range I was thinking of (Renton Fish and Game) has a "one shot in gun rule" so I crossed that off the list... So, where can I go? Random places in the woods/gravel pits are fine... but I still don't have a great grasp of the area's geography and have no idea where places in the other threads are located...

I really don't care how much the member dues may be (within reason), so long as it's a decent place.

Thanks in advance. Please email me with any advice you can offer.

- Ryan
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:28:11 PM EST
First thing you gotta do is come shooting with us. Read the tacked thread about the shoot and find time fo it!

I don't know the Seattle area though.

Welcome.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:02:36 PM EST
definately need to come to the shoot planned for oct 23-24. even if you can only make it one day it'd be worth it to come down and shoot with us. capitol forest down by olympia has some good places to shoot. I don't know of any up north of olympia though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:44:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:26:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
First thing you gotta do is come shooting with us...and find time fo it!

CavVet is gonna have an absolute field day with this one.

K.I.S.S.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:36:41 AM EST
Everett supposedly has a gravel pit you can shoot in, but where it is, I have no clue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:46:25 AM EST
Drive over to Moscow, Idaho for the Boomershoot next year.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:57:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By Unknown1Sailor:
Everett supposedly has a gravel pit you can shoot in, but where it is, I have no clue.

I can't imagine a gravel pit anywhere in Everett that would be legal to shoot at. In fact, if I'm recalling correctly, I believe the discharge of centerfire rifles and handguns outside of established shooting ranges is illegal anywhere west of Highway 9 in Snohomish County.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:58:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By RyJones:
Drive over to Moscow, Idaho for the Boomershoot next year.

Nice event name, but too long of a drive.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:02:34 AM EST

No shooting in the city limits of Everett, unless it is the City PD range, or a Indoor range...very big No-No...

But just to make sure, I will double check when I get to work today...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:00:26 PM EST
Thanks all.

I would love to make the shoot in October, but I'm a grad student and school will be back in full swing by then... so I don't know yet if I can make it... too hard to commit this far out for anything during the school year... besides, my first AR won't be built until at least the end of October (credit cards... waiting on a fellowship check to pay that down...)

- Ryan
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:13:08 PM EST
To be fair, I'm not 100% sure it was Everett. I had a couple of co-workers who liked to go out blasting, and they both lived in Everett. It might have been further north, like up by Arlington or Marysville.

I suppose I could ask.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:32:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 4:33:18 PM EST by Boomer]

To be fair, I'm not 100% sure it was Everett. I had a couple of co-workers who liked to go out blasting, and they both lived in Everett. It might have been further north, like up by Arlington or Marysville.

I suppose I could ask.....

Probably more like Sultan or Darrington.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:31:59 PM EST
While driving around I saw a shooting range in Brier's whereabouts. Any experience or comments about that one?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:48:02 PM EST
Welcome to the site, rynoglock.

I was going to make some lame remark, but I'll just stick with the 'Welcome' for now!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:00:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 8:01:23 PM EST by tumbleweed]
There's a small range right outside Everett, just off the SR2 trestle. No rapid fire and only open noon to 4pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. No gravel there. For tactical excursions I go north east of Arlington, in the Lake Cavenaugh area. Mainly since it's 30 minutes or so from the house.

We have a small crew here up north. Hooking up with you folks sounds like it could be fun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:22:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rossi:
While driving around I saw a shooting range in Brier's whereabouts. Any experience or comments about that one?

That would be the Kenmore gun range. You'll get mixed opinions about them here. Some like them for their convenience while others find their range Nazis and strict one round in the magazine at a time rule too much to tolerate.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:15:09 PM EST
The best range I found (and joined) is tacoma sportsmen's club. No rapid fire but you can load 10 rounds..... much better than 1 at a time!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:06:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By Boomer:

Originally Posted By Rossi:

That would be the Kenmore gun range. You'll get mixed opinions about them here. Some like them for their convenience while others find their range Nazis and strict one round in the magazine at a time rule too much to tolerate.

Thanks for the heads up... it seems it's oriented for bolt type rifles... or black powder muzzleloaders...

Maybe I'll stop by with one of my air rifles.
Top Top