Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2009 5:28:00 AM EDT
So VA Arms has a significantly depleted inventory because they are resisting the gouging that is going on right now at the distributor level.  Completely understandable.  

So this weekend, I am at BRA, and I see a couple interesting things/prices:
1.  Mini-14, NIB, w/ 20 round magazine - $950
2.  S&W 686+, same price
3.  S&W Model 10, I THINK it was $600

The fact that there WAS an inventory was good.  The fact that the Mini-14 is nearly a $1k rifle makes me cringe.  Anyone seen other prices in the state?  How does this compare?  It seems way out of whack with the online prices...

shooter
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
can't comment on NOVA, but here in Richmond, Bob Moates had a case full of handguns,

some were overpriced, but not as high as what you commented on, and some were at MSRP,
but honestly I only looked at a few,  and I couldn't see any prices on the rifles behind the counter (tags were turned)

he was a bit high on some M1 carbines,

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
For the Mini-14, was that the super duper target model or just a regular model.  IIRC, the target model was supposed to sell in that range so that may not be too out of line.  No explanation for the handguns though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
can't comment on NOVA, but here in Richmond, Bob Moates had a case full of handguns,

some were overpriced, but not as high as what you commented on, and some were at MSRP,
but honestly I only looked at a few,  and I couldn't see any prices on the rifles behind the counter (tags were turned)

he was a bit high on some M1 carbines,

Degoff's and Greentop in Richmond still have an ok stock on handguns but they are getting low. I was at Degoffs this weekend and picked up a p220 under msrp. Was looking at the glock 19 as well but they only had a 2 tone left. Stock is low because of everything that is going on. I was thinking of a smith and wesson 460 for the range but all they had was the 5 inch.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For the Mini-14, was that the super duper target model or just a regular model.  IIRC, the target model was supposed to sell in that range so that may not be too out of line.  No explanation for the handguns though.

I don't think it was the target model, because it had the standard muzzle, and I believe the target model has some comp/stabilizer attachment.  It also came with one LE mag (which is probably 10% of the cost).  I didn't look at Glock prices, but I should have, because those are good benchmarks.

shooter
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]
damn maybe i should sell my 686
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The fact that the Mini-14 is nearly a $1k rifle makes me cringe.

Not surprising from that Obama supporter.

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend's shop "Purcell guns" still has a shit ton of stuff in stock.

Shortage of AKs in 7.62 though...have not seen that for a while now.

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
got any rpks
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#10]
$900+ for a 686?!?!

Shit, so much for picking one up.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$900+ for a 686?!?!

Shit, so much for picking one up.....

Go to Degoffs in mechanicsville. They had them in stock this last weekend and I want to say it was a lot cheaper then that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I got my 686 a few years ago for $420 used. Anybody who would pay $950 for one isn't eligible to buy it anyway....because you'd have to be on crack to pay that much.
Link Posted: 1/20/2009 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
got any rpks

Not that I know of.

There is a PSL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#14]
If I recall correctly, it's been a long time, I paid something in the low $3's for my 6" 686. Of course, the President of Presidents in the modern era was in his first term then to.

That term ran from Jan 81 to Jan 85 if you have to ask.... & yes, my daughter is named Reagan & my 686 is not for sale at any profit margin.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
my 686 is not for sale at any profit margin.

So you're just teasing us, huh?!
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny thing, if you walked into BRA a year or two ago, you would have noticed bare shelves and overpriced weapons then, too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
got any rpks

Not that I know of.

There is a PSL.

Gilbert's in Springfield has an AK and a PSL as well. Plus a 20" AR, FS2000, PS90, and a few other things that I forget.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I know Dale ( purcells owner) said he did have an order of AK's that should be coming in. Prices will be higher because he is getting charged more though.

He sold the last RPK  he had during the mad rush before christmas. He did not say if any more would be coming in any time soon.

But he still has enough toys to make everyone happy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Funny thing, if you walked into BRA a year or two ago, you would have noticed bare shelves and overpriced weapons then, too.

The shelves are not bare though - they are FULL of overpriced guns.  The stock is actually on the rise, but the customers CAN NOT be gun people, or anyone who can spell internet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shelves are not bare though - they are FULL of overpriced guns.  The stock is actually on the rise, but the customers CAN NOT be gun people, or anyone who can spell internet.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I was at silver eagle this afternoon

They have a bunch of black rifles on the racks (including a Noveske 7.62) plus they have a ton of Daniel Defense rails and various Tango Down items in stock now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I was at Silver Eagle yesterday also, and they have a wall full of black guns. Interestingly, their prices are competative with Virginia Arms and Frederick County Firearms, where I usually buy.

I think the reason Silver Eagle has guns is that most people I talk to, think you have to have a year membership before you can buy there.

Not true.

Their prices for Glocks and other handguns is "in-line" with both companies listed above also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was at silver eagle this afternoon

They have a bunch of black rifles on the racks (including a Noveske 7.62) plus they have a ton of Daniel Defense rails and various Tango Down items in stock now.

True - I saw that they had pretty rare (at least in retail) Dark Earth Daniel Defense Lites and M4s.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I was there yesterday and they had no less than FIVE M4 style bushmasters, a Noveske 5.56, a DPMS .308, at least one DPMS 5.56, a Remington 5.56 in hunter's factory camo (not my cup of tea - but good move by Remington IMHO).  

They also had at least one AR in I believe ".450 Remington" (??!?).  And they had a PSL, a sig 556 and a bunch of other black rifles (not many hunting guns though).   They had supressors and short barrel shotguns/AOWs in stock.

They had a whole case full of rail systems. And dot sights. Just not a lot of customers yet since they just opened.

I asked about magazines; turns out their supplier marked up their USGI mags so they had to sell them for $21 for (I think Brownells USGI aluminum) - BUT before the madness hit, they had Pmags for about $15 each (some guy came in & bought them all - probably re-sold them at a gunshow for $30). They did have the $50 HK mags - that have always sold for about $50. Nice mags but $50 each is a bit rich for my blood.  

Prices on guns seemed competitive.

Quoted:
I was at Silver Eagle yesterday also, and they have a wall full of black guns. Interestingly, their prices are competative with Virginia Arms and Frederick County Firearms, where I usually buy.

I think the reason Silver Eagle has guns is that most people I talk to, think you have to have a year membership before you can buy there.

Not true.

Their prices for Glocks and other handguns is "in-line" with both companies listed above also.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top