Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 8:39:35 PM EDT
Been a couple years since I bought anything.  I have a EPC-9 receiver on the way to my FFL.  Are receivers still 4473, Washington State Pistol Form, CPL/NICS and walk out the door.  I remember the state was going to need to start doing receivers, but I thought the with the covid the FBI gave them another extension.  

Just checking.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That and shotguns can walk out the door.  CPL doesn't apply anymore.  Thank you WA for double NICS checking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That and shotguns can walk out the door.  CPL doesn't apply anymore.  Thank you WA for double NICS checking.
View Quote

Thanks, i thought that was still the case.  Bought pretty much everything I wanted pre-1639.  Haven't had to do the 10 day waiting, training proof, ect. yet and I'm not planning to do it unless something really cool comes out.

Thanks,
Chris
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

As well as manually operated rifles (Bolt, Pump, Lever, Break)
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
It depends on the jurisdiction, though. I learned the hard way. A local chief of police told a FFL I was looking to do a receiver transfer through that receivers had to be declared a rifle or pistol, then the state semi auto “assault rifle” form had to be filled out, or a pistol transfer done.

I found a different FFL in another town. So check with the FFL to make sure they can do the transfer on a 4473 with NICS only.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It depends on the jurisdiction, though. I learned the hard way. A local chief of police told a FFL I was looking to do a receiver transfer through that receivers had to be declared a rifle or pistol, then the state semi auto “assault rifle” form had to be filled out, or a pistol transfer done.

I found a different FFL in another town. So check with the FFL to make sure they can do the transfer on a 4473 with NICS only.
View Quote

Yeah, complete and utter BS from the police and, the fact that the FFL allowed it, makes them just as stupid. It doesn't "depend on jurisdiction" at all, everything transfers the same way anywhere in the state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Legally, yes, I agree wholeheartedly, but this chief appeared to be breathing down this guy’s neck. Only thing I could do was walk away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Legally, yes, I agree wholeheartedly, but this chief appeared to be breathing down this guy’s neck. Only thing I could do was walk away.
View Quote

Then he shouldn't be Chief. Hopefully he no longer holds that position.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

As well as manually operated rifles (Bolt, Pump, Lever, Break)
View Quote

Yes those too. Thanks for adding info.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Then he shouldn't be Chief. Hopefully he no longer holds that position.
View Quote

+1 Yes- totally idiotic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, so have your buyer/seller transactions get creative with FFL.  Sell as receiver, pick up other parts in parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
WSP is supposed to have their system up by summer to replace the current situation... anyone heard about their status?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WSP is supposed to have their system up by summer to replace the current situation... anyone heard about their status?
View Quote

Nope, haven't heard any updates on this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top