Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
Aparently the local sex offender that lives down the road from me got his home detention anklet off today.

On the plus side he went home after getting it off and shot himself in the melon.  Honest I had nothing to do with it.

This is all unconfirmed with official sources but it is the scuttlebut floating around the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, so what's the bad news?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That they actually let him take his anklet off.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
How did a felon get a gun?  Didn't he know it was illegal for him to posses one?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
OMG...how could this happen? I think it should be illegal for felons to possess a firearm. Let's pass a new law....... Oh wait, it is illegal. It must be society's fault then........
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
1 more reason to ban those evil guns don't ya know. I wonder if he was a real child molester or someone who's life was ruined by some broad that changed her mind or some 16 year old's parents that objected to her 19 year old boyfreind. What was the original crime???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the guy I was talking about

DAVID P RYAN
DAVID P RYAN
Source of Information: WI State Sex Offender Registry  
Convictions:
11/23/1993
DANE
WI
948.02(1): First-Degree Sexual Assault of a Child
-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unfortunatly I have not seen anything in a paper or on the news regarding this. His house has been dark and empty since this happened. Not sure what to think here now. I wish I had a official source to help out here with but I cannot find anything on the loser.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Open records request for any incidents at that address, filed with the LE agency that has primary jurisdiction.  If the police responded to the suicide, there will be some sort of report.

edit

Specify a date range for the request, to just get the incident you care about.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

DAVID P RYAN
DAVID P RYAN
Source of Information: WI State Sex Offender Registry  
Convictions:
11/23/1993
DANE
WI
948.02(1): First-Degree Sexual Assault of a Child
-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

unfortunatly I have not seen anything in a paper or on the news regarding this. His house has been dark and empty since this happened. Not sure what to think here now. I wish I had a official source to help out here with but I cannot find anything on the loser.

Probably a shitbag 948.02(1) is sexual assault under 13, althought the way the law is written you could probably be charged for spanking your kid. Before you call for their heads and want them out of your neighborhood you should look a little deeper though.

someone with a 948.02(2) there is a good chance he was 18 and she was 16 or some shit.

giving or selling someone under 18 a playboy will get you a felony and  on the list in WI  948.11(2)(a), how many of you made people felons when you were 16??

showing your 17 year old buddy a playboy when you are 18 , will get you the same.

Yes there are alot of shitbags on that list , there are also alot of shitbag gun owners. Just cause you are on that list doesn't mean anything, Like everything else it is a government program , therefore it is fucked up from the getgo.

Also be aware that (broken record here). With the way the courts work , arrested is convicted , every public pretender in the world will tell you to cop a plea , hell. ALOT of lawyers will, "If you lose in court you will go to jail for 20 years , just cop a plea  I guarentee no jail time". When you are looking at felony convictions it can be pretty enticing. If I wasn't a gun owner And didn't know about the prohabition on voting and gun ownership I probably would have just plead guilty to avoid the jail time when I got picked up on a bullshit made up charge when I lived in Connecticut.

I used to be the same as you guys . Don't do the crime if you can't do the time , Fuckem their felons. they got arrested they must be guilty. Then some cop decided to try his hand at fiction writing on my arrest report, I had a CT pistol permit and 2 guns with me and I later found out from some freinds the cop was a "noone but cops should own guns " type of guy, and it really opened my eyes. I actually still ended up copping a plea for an infraction (simple trasspass) and paying a $60 fine and loosing my gun, cause I did'nt have 20 grand to bring it to court on top of the 3 grand i had already spent, and all the public pretender wanted to do was cop to the felony with no jail time.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Probably a shitbag 948.02(1) is sexual assault under 13, althought the way the law is written you could probably be charged for spanking your kid.

Corrected.

someone with a 948.02(2) there is a good chance he was 18 and she was 1615 or some shit.

Corrected.  If an 18-year-old is having sex with my 15-year-old daughter, I don't think it's a "shit" charge.  YMMV.  Some people on arfcom think it's OK for teachers to have sex with their students.  I disagree with them too.  So be it.

giving or selling someone under 18 a playboy will get you a felony and  on the list in WI  948.11(2)(a), how many of you made people felons when you were 16??

showing your 17 year old buddy a playboy when you are 18 , will get you the same.

Uhh, sure, if you find a DA that has the time to screw with a BS charge like that.  Name one case where what you describe has happened.  I'll bet you can't.  That statute is aimed at people getting off showing sex tapes to children, and then trying to convince the kids to do the same thing with them.  Poorly written as it stands?  Maybe.  But prosecutors have discretion, and aren't afraid to use it (usually to dump good cases, not prosecute bad ones).  Go ahead, name one case.

Just cause you are on that list doesn't mean anything means a hell of a lot

Corrected

Like everything else it is a government program , therefore it is fucked up from the getgo.

Can't help you there, I'm a leech on the taxpayers  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
You think there is only one near you?

Go to www12.familywatchdog.us/ and type in your address.

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

4 counts of 1st-degree sexual assault.  Pled down to two counts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.

I like the built-in school-locator.  But there are a lot of offenders that are not shown on that site!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Corrected.  If an 18-year-old is having sex with my 15-year-old daughter, I don't think it's a "shit" charge.  YMMV.  Some people on arfcom think it's OK for teachers to have sex with their students.what does this have to do with what i said ?

I disagree with them too.  So be it

And should said shitbag still be prosocuted if your daughter lied about her age?? We all know kids never lie to get what they want or impress their freinds and I am sure you always asked for ID when you thought you were gonna get some in high school

Uhh, sure, if you find a DA that has the time to screw with a BS charge like that.  Name one case where what you describe has happened.  I'll bet you can't.  That statute is aimed at people getting off showing sex tapes to children, and then trying to convince the kids to do the same thing with them.  Poorly written as it stands?  Maybe.  But prosecutors have discretion, and aren't afraid to use it (usually to dump good cases, not prosecute bad ones).  Go ahead, name one case.

Sorry I have better things to do than prove a point to you , I know DA prosocute LOTS of bullshit charges , I have been at the end of one and know a couple of people who have also. besides fact is it is illegal and will get you on that list.

Just cause you are on that list doesn't mean anything

Not corrected , it was right the first time

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
And should said shitbag still be prosocuted if your daughter lied about her age??

Yup.

Sorry I have better things to do than prove a point to you , I know DA prosocute LOTS of bullshit charges , I have been at the end of one and know a couple of people who have also. besides fact is it is illegal and will get you on that list.

You're not convincing me of anything if you can't show me an example.  Whether that's worth your time is up to you.

I didn't follow the part in red.

Well, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

[edited for some strange problems with font size]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.

OMG, they're fuckin' everywhere!!!!

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.

Which tells you either every third person runs around raping 6 year olds, or lots of people are on that list that got caught for the same stupid shit most of us did as kids.

I can't wait for the map of gun owners to come out too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You're not convincing me of anything if you can't show me an example.  Whether that's worth your time is up to you.

I didn't follow the part in red.

Well, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

[edited for some strange problems with font size]

example

http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/search/sor?action=offenderdetail&offender=38457&x=38&zip_code=54115&last_name=&page=1&y=19&hist=%2Fsearch%2Fsearchbylocation.jsp%2Baction%3Dsearchbylocation

8th person i checked in my zipcode

edited to add another good one

http://offender.doc.state.wi.us/public/search/sor?action=offenderdetail&offender=27290&x=38&zip_code=54115&last_name=&page=3&y=19&hist=%2Fsearch%2Fsearchbylocation.jsp%2Baction%3Dsearchbylocation

for those of you wondering

41.13 LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS BEHAVIOR (SS.944.20)
         Whoever commits an indecent act of sexual gratification with another with knowledge that they are in the presence of others; or, publicly and indecently exposes genitals or pubic areas.

Notice it says nothing of consentuality , so I guess everyone who has ever had a threesome is a guilty sex offender. Looks like pissing on a dumpster would also qualify you, although this law has changed reciently.

2 out of looks like 32 once you factor out all the aliases, or just over 6 %

54115 is my zip for anyone who wants to verify.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
example

8th person i checked in my zipcode

OK, you found a person convicted of 948.11: Exposing a Child to Harmful Materials.  There's no information there to persuade me she isn't deserving of the conviction.

edited to add another good one

OK, someone was convicted of 944.20, Lewd/Lascivious Behavior.  However, if they were arrested for pissing on a dumpster, guess what, there are ordinances against that.  As even you admit, you don't become a registered sex offender for urinating in public.  Doesn't happen.

2 out of looks like 32 once you factor out all the aliases, or just over 6 %

In other words, of all the sexual offenders in your community, ONLY 6% are theoretically capable of being minor offenses.  Or, 94% are CONVICTED of serious sexual offenses, and 6% are CONVICTED of offenses that the cops, DA, judge, AND JURY unanimously agreed were serious enough to warrant a criminal conviction and registration as a sexual offender.  But all that effort and expense in the court system for 1/16 of the registered offenders was because of a minor offense like urinating behind a dumpster?

I think you've demonstrated that very few people are registered sex offenders because of anything classifiable as a "minor" offenses.  And those "minor" offenses used in your examples are typically--in my personal experience watching these cases go through court--usually along these lines:

948.11: Exposing a Child to Harmful Materials.  "Here, little 5 year old boy, watch this video while lying on my bed.  See what people do?  Let's try that tomorrow when you come over for your milk and cookies."

944.20, Lewd/Lascivious Behavior.  "Hey, little 5 year old girl, I see you walking by in shorts every day on the way to school, and it really gives me a thrill to have you see me finish myself against the front window of my house when you walk by."

God, I can't even believe I'm capable of writing that shit.  I've been doing this job too long.  

No, I doubt your 6% examples are innocent victims of the draconian court system.  If I charged someone who was urinating behind a dumpster with Lewd/Lascivious, the DA would come unglued and call my boss, asking how stupid I must be to be wasting everyone's time with a crappy charge like that.  They'd simply dismiss it--they wouldn't try to work a plea deal, nothing.  They'd simply toss the entire case right out the window and roll their eyes at my stupidity.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Which tells you either every third person runs around raping 6 year olds...

There's more truth in that statement than most people would believe.  There are a lot of sick, sexually twisted individuals out there.  A lot.  And sex is one of the most powerful motivators.

It's particularly disturbing when the criminal is preying on victims too young to tell us what happened, and the predator is experienced enough--often from prior arrests--to avoid leaving convincing evidence.  Circumstantial physical evidence from the victim (bruising, shying away from adults, sudden change in behavior), combined with predator's prior history, indicates what happened, but there's no way we could unanimously convince 12 adults "beyond any reasonable doubt" that the sexual assault took place.  So it continues...

There are an awful lot of people who are not convicted because it's "better 100 guilty people go free than one innocent gets convicted."  Please don't misunderstand me--I do not want to live in a country where that philosophy doesn't hold sway.  But I'm still unhappy when a 1-year-old suffers like that, and everyone familiar with the case knows exactly what happened, and there's no way to get a conviction.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.

I like the built-in school-locator.  But there are a lot of offenders that are not shown on that site!

The juvenile sex offenders are not listed, and there are a few not in my area.

I, however, get the "Do not distribute" list every month at work with all the juvie's listed.

Av.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prepare to be shocked.

Av.

Which tells you either every third person runs around raping 6 year olds, or lots of people are on that list that got caught for the same stupid shit most of us did as kids.

I can't wait for the map of gun owners to come out too.

I have the dubious pleasure of working on pre-release cases for quite a few of these scum bags. One of the psychologists I work with also performs court ordered evaluations regarding classification as a sexual predator. A friend of mine is a DOC guard working on the forensics unit at Mendota. This has been a topic of conversation more than once. The vast majority of registered sexual offenders are appropriately labeled.

If you really want to believe that the sex offender registry is a list of people who bought someone a playboy or got caught pissing on a dumpster, I won't try to convince you otherwise. I'll simply say that it's the exception not the rule, and suggest that you pull a copy of the actual criminal complaint regarding anyone on that list who concerns you.

How did you come to develop such strong feelings on the subject?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top