Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/29/2004 1:24:11 PM EST
Hello,

I am possibly looking at moving to Oklahoma sometime in the next year. If I do move it will be to the Enid area. I am looking for gun related reasons to move there - good ranges, fair gun laws, etc. Right now the other option is Texas...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:18:55 PM EST
I'm not from the OKC area so i know nothing of them, but you will be hard pressed to find a state with better gun laws, no cooling off period, limit to numbers you can buy, a shall issue state, NFA weapon friendly. Look at the law going into effect Nov 1st, that should be a good example of our gun laws. Not to mention the make my day law (1289, of the 1971 OKlahoma Firearms act). And it's only a little over an hour to Tulsa for the "Worlds largest Gun Show" that is held twice a year.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:35:38 PM EST

it's not california or new york
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:16:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:01:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 9:02:27 AM EST by SLYHUNTR]
Enid is my home town. I grew up there and moved to Tulsa in 1988. I highly recommend it. If I ever have to move again I hope I get to go back there.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:00:20 AM EST
Altus is my home town. I've been thinking of moving back here as of late. NC is dragging me down. Also, my county sherriff won't sign over for an SBR or anything NFA related. Whereas it seems Oklahoma is more NFA friendly. And if you could open carry in Oklahoma, then that'd just be even better, as we can here in NC.

Also, what's the "make my day" ipsilateral_7 mentioned?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:33:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By sherrick13:

Oh, and all the cops are nice.

THAT IS BS, trust me on this one......I have heard there is one JBT in the Edmond area, who post on some gun board somewhere, who is a real..........

OH HI Sherrick, I did`nt see you standing there......
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:08:17 PM EST

Originally Posted By wheelow:
Altus is my home town. I've been thinking of moving back here as of late. NC is dragging me down. Also, my county sherriff won't sign over for an SBR or anything NFA related. Whereas it seems Oklahoma is more NFA friendly. And if you could open carry in Oklahoma, then that'd just be even better, as we can here in NC.

Section 1289.25 - Use of Deadly Force During Unlawful Entry of Dwelling-Affirmative Defense-Civil Immunity

A. The Legislature hereby recognizes that the citizens of the State of Oklahoma have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

B. Any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including but not limited to deadly force, against another person who has made an unlawful entry into that dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant of the dwelling.

C. Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including but not limited to deadly force, pursuant to the provisions of subsection B of this section, shall have an affirmative defense in any criminal prosecution for an offense arising from the reasonable use of such force and shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the reasonable use of such force.

D. The provisions of this section and the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 25 of this act, shall not be construed to require any person using a pistol pursuant to the provisions of this section to be licensed in any manner.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:13:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By ipsilateral_7:

Originally Posted By wheelow:

Section 1289.25 - Use of Deadly Force During Unlawful Entry of Dwelling-Affirmative Defense-Civil Immunity

A. The Legislature hereby recognizes that the citizens of the State of Oklahoma have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

B. Any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including but not limited to deadly force, against another person who has made an unlawful entry into that dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant of the dwelling.

C. Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including but not limited to deadly force, pursuant to the provisions of subsection B of this section, shall have an affirmative defense in any criminal prosecution for an offense arising from the reasonable use of such force and shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the reasonable use of such force.

D. The provisions of this section and the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 25 of this act, shall not be construed to require any person using a pistol pursuant to the provisions of this section to be licensed in any manner.

YUP, you got to love that....well except for the bad guys, they dont like it one damn bit, but thats just to damn bad.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:21:39 PM EST
Now in reply to the origanal poster of the thread..

OK, is well OK.... I have been here for what seems like forever, close to 30 years...

I really dont know why I stay, I have no ties here, just a job I have had forever, 20 years..

But, the weather is OK, just watch it if you have allergies, they will play hell with you..

Summers can be hot and humid, winters are for the most part mild, BUT can get very cold, with ICE, us Okies like ICE in the winter, well that what we get alot of anyway..

As mentioned before, crime is not bad, cost of living is in the middle, not high, but real low either..
More rural that urban, I like that part, lots of fishing and hunting, BUT it is getting difficult to find a place to hunt without having to pay out the rear.

People are really good, for the most part, more conservitive than liberal, even the democrats seem to lean on the conservitive side, most of them anyway.

Decent roads in most part of the state, but we do have pothole monsters.....

Some of the things I dont like, TAXS, I hate paying state income tax, and then propertie tax, sales tax on everything, even food, car tax and tags, that is my biggest complaint.

Not enough hot single women, we could use more of them.....

Well there is more, but that is just a small list....

HTH....

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:47:04 PM EST
Suprisingly I must agree most of the cops I have met were about as cool as a cop can be while doing his job. IE my main running buddy stoped for speeding 4 times (same cop i was with him every time) in one week finally the COP asked him "Are you going to force me to right u a Ticket" my partner replied "NO I'm not" cop said "ok Please slow down" all city cops have been cool. Higway patrol gave him a ticket though while we were on the prarie dog excursion. Another highway patrol gave both of us seat belt tickets wich alomost turned into a brawl. Moral of the story stay out of the way of State Troopers their is one who is a PSYCHO that patrols Durant area. Texas u will get tickets 9 out of 10 times OK about 1 out of 10. On the average Way cool cops compared to any I have dealt with when in the wrong. COMIFORNIA ticket every time. FLORIDA ticket 80%.
Fuck Im Rambling
OKIELAND is good to go Just make sure you have a JOB good paying ones arn't that easy to find.
DEER Taste much better than south texas Deer.
1shott just isn't looking in the right spot for women. Besides pretty girls like FORDS they DODGE everything else.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:57:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By acman145acp:

1shott just isn't looking in the right spot for women. Besides pretty girls like FORDS they DODGE everything else.

OUCH, now that was not nice............

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:12:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1shott:

just come up to norman, we got them fallin offa trees here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:51:47 PM EST

Texas u will get tickets 9 out of 10 times OK about 1 out of 10.

I disagree. I moved here in June after living in TX for 27 years. I have been pulled over MANY times by the TX hwy patrol and was let go without a ticket 6 of 7 times. The one time I was pulled over and got a ticket the officer was very polite and professional and when he saw that I also had an inspection sticker out said he was going to give me a ticket for that but he would let me go for the 71 in a 55.

I'm 100% on tickets in OK (of course there's only been one haha).

As far as gun laws, it seems like it's 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. There are some things I like better about the carry laws in TX but other than that it's the same.

Best of luck in your decision.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:05:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ndenway:

I am up that way alot....but they still dont like me.....

Seems I am only meet the kind of girl, who hates it since I have a job and work....they would rather be hooked up with someone who does not work, is a bum and treats them like crap....

Oh well, I still have my safe full of firearms, and a 12 pack in the fridge, so life aint all bad....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:17:34 PM EST

Seems I am only meet the kind of girl, who hates it since I have a job and work....they would rather be hooked up with someone who does not work, is a bum and treats them like crap....

Oh well, I still have my safe full of firearms, and a 12 pack in the fridge, so life aint all bad....

DODGE hint HINT!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:20:32 PM EST
wow, that make my day law is freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:13:14 PM EST

DODGE hint HINT!!!!!!

I do really, I try to DODGE THEM TYPES ALL I CAN.......
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:20:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By ipsilateral_7:
I'm not from the OKC area so i know nothing of them, but you will be hard pressed to find a state with better gun laws, no cooling off period, limit to numbers you can buy, a shall issue state, NFA weapon friendly. Look at the law going into effect Nov 1st, that should be a good example of our gun laws. Not to mention the make my day law (1289, of the 1971 OKlahoma Firearms act). And it's only a little over an hour to Tulsa for the "Worlds largest Gun Show" that is held twice a year.

+1 especially Wanamachers....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:46:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 1:48:18 PM EST by Ndenway]

well bout the only thing that makes that better is a chick that will clean your guns, house,cook and bring you a beer while your watchin tv, buy you all the guns, gear and booze you want for christmas, camp-hunt and fish with you, then give you a little at least three times a week before she goes to her home in her car.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:47:35 PM EST

well bout the only thing that makes that better is a chick that will cook, clean your guns, house, and bring you a beer while your watchin tv, buy you all the guns, gear and booze you want for christmas, camp-hunt and fish with you, then give you a little at least three times a week before she goes to her home in her car.

YA, like I will ever meet someone like that.........
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:52:38 PM EST
hell I did, then I got stupid and married her and well...... let me just say, my kids, bank account and gun collection, alll gone gone!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:56:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 1:57:58 PM EST by acman145acp]

well bout the only thing that makes that better is a chick that will cook, clean your guns, house, and bring you a beer while your watchin tv, buy you all the guns, gear and booze you want for christmas, camp-hunt and fish with you, then give you a little at least three times a week before she goes to her home in her car.

Did you ever think maybe they are DODGE ing you
women just say Dodge that
getting the picture
Cowboy the Fuck up get a real TRUCK
once you get that ford you will need an airmatress for all the redneck chicks wanting to load up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:58:37 PM EST
Where I grew up I could spit on Oklahoma every morning when I stepped outside into that sweet Texas air All joking aside Ok is about the second best state to live in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:10:44 PM EST

Did you ever think maybe they are DODGE ing you
women just say Dodge that
getting the picture
Cowboy the Fuck up get a real TRUCK
once you get that ford you will need an airmatress for all the redneck chicks wanting to load up.

hahahahahahaha, you veeeeeeeeery funny person....

I had a ford once, I said ONCE, but traded it off, did not like it at all.....

Now where is that ignore button......
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:38:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 2:46:11 PM EST by Ndenway]
truckwars! I had 1 ford lasted 240k miles before being wreaked, 1 dodge 190k before burnin a hole in the piston and 3 chevy's, traded first one in for second (ex-wife got it in divorce) and thirds got over 300k on it and still runs decent and the a/c still works, its even got a factory hi-fi 8 track that still works(can't wait till they bring back those) and got a mini (nissan) if those count as a truck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:03:31 PM EST
I live in the ENID area and was born in ENID Housing is cheap . THERE IS A 1000 yard range north of enid. ENID is gun friendy. I have 14 acre pad with a 2000 sq brick house in the black jack oaks cost $70.000 bucks I can shoot out my back door or hunt white tail in field by my house. there is a free 200 yard range at canton lake
Top Top