Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 3:47:47 PM EDT
Anyone have a lead on a decent priced 5.45x39 AK? I have the Ammo/mags/pouches/and stripper clips but no AK. I did find some Saiga 12 ga. for $425 but the AK's are overpriced.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you mean by reasonable, I was drooling over a few up at Krebs Custom today.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Krebs are nice but over $600 for an AK is too high. Maybe I should sell the ammo,mags, and strippers and buy the Saiga 12ga and more ammo for the 1919
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I was gonna recommend you go check out Midwest Guns over on Ogden and 355, but they are always high on their AK's. Your better off in this area finding something online and having it transfered.
I've had good luck with Atlantic  Firearms & Gunbroker.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Jagermeister, check out the folks Classic Arms, not too sure about 5.45 AK's but they have pretty good prices on all kinds of items. I have done business with them in the past, nice folks too. Good luck.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I have found a bunch of reasonable 5.45 rifles on the EE boards here and at other places that are semi-local.

There are actually a bunch of guys that shoot in the SW burbs of Chicago. It just takes a couple months to find what you are looking for. I don't think I have bought a rifle in a gun store in a few years. Also check gunsamerica and gunbroker search by state. Good Luck!  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I found a great looking 5.45 rifle at www.moshergunshop.com/ a few weeks ago!
It had purple furniture and was built by Brandon at the shop, he does good work and a lot of people here know about him and his shop!
The rifle had a really nice finish on it; I think it was GunKote over Park. or something like that...
It really looked good and Brandon stands behind all his stuff!

Check them out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You could build one for maybe 300-350$ Less if you have access to tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top