Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 4:01:21 PM EDT
considering a move to Taos.
Good area. Is it pro 2 ammendment? Did Kali ruin it?
Decent house for under 250K?

Thanks...KM
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Thanks...KM

I haven't spent much time up there recently, but it impressed me as a yuppie liberal paradise with extremely high real estate, back in 1999.

You may find much more reasonable housing further away from town, which is what I've found with several small cities/towns in central NM.

I don't know if the city of Taos has passed any gun laws, but the state laws are pretty unrestrictive.   I still wouldn't open carry in that city, the locals would probably have the police on you ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:41:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks...KM

I haven't spent much time up there recently, but it impressed me as a yuppie liberal paradise with extremely high real estate, back in 1999.

You may find much more reasonable housing further away from town, which is what I've found with several small cities/towns in central NM.

I don't know if the city of Taos has passed any gun laws, but the state laws are pretty unrestrictive.   I still wouldn't open carry in that city, the locals would probably have the police on you ASAP.

Thats what I thought. Lefties, hippies with $$$ Just like Whitefish, MT.
Taos is artsy town right. What about Las Alamos? Big $$$ Arfcomers would not fit in here correct?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top