Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/6/2014 4:36:47 PM EDT
Just finished up a set of corn hole boards for my buddy. They turned out pretty nice, decals he bought are not the best though. Definitely got me geared up and ready for football season. Sorry to the Dawgs fans around here, but like I said, they aren't mine!

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:53:13 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By makeitflyfast:
UGA's new RB with Gurley are going to be hard to stop!

SEC goes to uga or sc this year.

View Quote
UGA? Really? I'm a big fan and go to a few home games a year. They don't have a snow balls chance as long as Richt is still head coach. The team has no respect for themselves or the staff. Then again, as long as the work release bus will stop at Stanford stadium on Saturdays anything could happen.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:12:48 PM EDT
I'm an AU fan, but i do have a lot of GA people at work telling me they need Richt gone to do better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:16:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
I agree. If Richt hasn't won a bcs by now, especially with the team he had two years ago, he won't.

I do however believe that Bobo is the biggest problem. For some reason they won't or can't fire him.
View Quote

But the offense has carried the team for the last couple seasons. Expected to need to again this season. The offense has been good, maybe in spite of Bobo but it's hard to throw the guy under the bus when they're breaking scoring records.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:52:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:37:33 PM EDT

I partly agree.

But think if they had new plays to run instead of the same ones for the past 12 years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wiseanhyzer:
I agree. If Richt hasn't won a bcs by now, especially with the team he had two years ago, he won't.

I do however believe that Bobo is the biggest problem. For some reason they won't or can't fire him.

But the offense has carried the team for the last couple seasons. Expected to need to again this season. The offense has been good, maybe in spite of Bobo but it's hard to throw the guy under the bus when they're breaking scoring records.

I partly agree.

But think if they had new plays to run instead of the same ones for the past 12 years.

Really? No offense, but you need to look a little harder into what you talking about. Go HERE, look at the cumulative stats by season. Here are some highlights:

2013:

36.7 points per game
4.5 yards per rush
8.9 yards per pass
6294 yards of total offense

37.8 points per game
4.9 yards per rush
10 yards per pass
6547 yards of total offense

I don't give a hoot how talented your team is, you don't pull those stats with poor play calling. Bobo is a pretty damn good OC. He may not always be the most fun to watch, but he is damn effective. Talk to any football coach at a high school level or better. They may criticize Bobo, but I guarantee they respect him.

Todd Grantham was a cancer to our team. In 2012, we put six defensive players in the NFL. The same as Bama did. On average, our players went higher in the draft. We allowed 19.6 PPG, Bama allowed less than half that. You want to tell me we had an offense problem? No sir. Grantham went to a lesser program to do the same job he did at the better program. What does that tell you?

As for Richt, I am most disappointed in him for the apparent lack of discipline on and off the field. Steve Spurrier said he liked playing Georgia early in the season because you could count on a few key players being suspended. That is shameful. Yet year, after year, we repeat the same issue. On the field we are just as bad. Look at the penalties we racked up over the years. LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!! I would be good with firing Richt on those grounds, but not because he is a bad ball coach otherwise. Also, who would replace him? I would love to see Kirby Smart here. I don't think that's likely though.

Sorry for the rant. Just an angry season ticket holder.

Besides the gator crap on them, nice corn hole boards, OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:18:52 AM EDT
Mark Richt isn't the problem, he is a damn fine coach and person. We haven't won a national mostly because of damn fine competition and nothing you can do about that as a coach, that's on the players. Only so much a coach can do, but I've watched the players lose plenty of games since Richt was here. Season ticket holder, lifelong fan I've seen lots of games. Bobo may be decent, but being decent 80% of the time and then losing the game for us the other 20% with play calling worse than my grandmother isn't deserving of the OC job at UGA. The guy was a half ass QB when he played there. Who the hell calls draw right on 3rd and 12 on the 50 4 times in the same half? Nah, nothing to do with losing when you leave at least 3 TDs laying in the field because the OC when your average loss is by a TD or less.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:23:24 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DHolidayWithAnAR:
Mark Richt isn't the problem, he is a damn fine coach and person. We haven't won a national mostly because of damn fine competition and nothing you can do about that as a coach, that's on the players. Only so much a coach can do, but I've watched the players lose plenty of games since Richt was here. Season ticket holder, lifelong fan I've seen lots of games. Bobo may be decent, but being decent 80% of the time and then losing the game for us the other 20% with play calling worse than my grandmother isn't deserving of the OC job at UGA. The guy was a half ass QB when he played there. Who the hell calls draw right on 3rd and 12 on the 50 4 times in the same half? Nah, nothing to do with losing when you leave at least 3 TDs laying in the field because the OC when your average loss is by a TD or less.
View Quote
I get sick and tired of hearing how good a person Richt is. The people in the letter men's club at the cemetery spout the same crap every weekend. If he's such a good guy give him a job doing something else at the university. He's a mediocre coach at best. Alabama doesn't seem to have any problem winning national championships and the last I looked they're playing the same teams we are We loose way to many homegrown kids to other schools for one thing. It's the lack of winning. That rests firmly on the coaches shoulders.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:01:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WhiskeyBent82:
Just finished up a set of corn hole boards for my buddy. They turned out pretty nice, decals he bought are not the best though. Definitely got me geared up and ready for football season. Sorry to the Dawgs fans around here, but like I said, they aren't mine!

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y471/WhiskeyBent82/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0176_zps9ephgowp.jpg

View Quote

Yep just threw up a little. put some FSU shit on there before you give it to him
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:56:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lucky_13:

Todd Grantham was a cancer to our team. In 2012, we put six defensive players in the NFL. The same as Bama did. On average, our players went higher in the draft. We allowed 19.6 PPG, Bama allowed less than half that. You want to tell me we had an offense problem? No sir. Grantham went to a lesser program to do the same job he did at the better program. What does that tell you?

As for Richt, I am most disappointed in him for the apparent lack of discipline on and off the field. Steve Spurrier said he liked playing Georgia early in the season because you could count on a few key players being suspended. That is shameful. Yet year, after year, we repeat the same issue. On the field we are just as bad. Look at the penalties we racked up over the years. LACK OF DISCIPLINE!!! I would be good with firing Richt on those grounds, but not because he is a bad ball coach otherwise. Also, who would replace him? I would love to see Kirby Smart here. I don't think that's likely though.

Sorry for the rant. Just an angry season ticket holder.

Besides the gator crap on them, nice corn hole boards, OP.
View Quote

The best thing that's happened to Georgia in a long time was Grantham leaving for Louisville and Richt stealing Pruitt from FSU. Pruitt appears to be a great coach and a great recruiter. Both of those traits were desperately needed in Athens. I honestly believe that the addition of Pruitt will get UGA back into the thick of WINNING the SEC over the next couple seasons, not just being competitive. We might not see it this season but I think we'll see an upswing over the next couple years. Pruitt knows that Jimbo was probably going to be happy at FSU for quite a while and that Richt might be retiring sooner. I think he could make a solid successor one day.

Georgia has one of the strictest discipline policies in all of college athletics. Athens has not/will not get with the "sweep it under the rug" approach that most of the other major universities use. A few years ago a couple Florida players got arrested and nobody knew anything about it for months. How often do you read about Alabama players committing misdemeanors? Do you think all of their kids are angels? If a Georgia football player farts in class it's all over the paper that afternoon. Other schools let their players play until they fail 2-3 drug tests. If a Georgia player fails 1 it's in the paper that week and they'll sit out the beginning of the season. Georgia isn't recruiting more "thugs" than the other schools, they just air everything out and wont play any of the discipline issues close to the vest. That's an issue McGarity needs to take up if he wants to improve Georgia's image. It's more of a perception vs reality thing in my opinion.

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:16:34 PM EDT
I just hope coach slick let's Pruitt run the D without him interfereing!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:22:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:22:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 6:23:45 AM EDT by cyclone]
While I think UGA has potential, there are 3, possibly 4 teams in the SEC West that can throw a wrench into those plans.............

UGA's new RB with Gurley are going to be hard to stop!

SEC goes to uga or sc this year.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:32:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:02:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 10:08:29 AM EDT by jcoffman55]
They will not have a better chance than they did two years ago, at least not for a couple more years. That said, they do have a very good team this year, but the QB needs at least one full year under his belt to realize his full potential I believe. They'll be better next year I think.

If SC had the same discipline policy that UGA does they'd be in the same boat, hell all the SEC teams would.

UGA's defense has been horrendous the past several years. First Martinez then Grantham, I'd say the fact that he would up working for Patrino is a testament to how bad he is actually thought of around the programs. I mean, going from UGA to working for Patrino, that's terrible. Hopefully the new DC will turn things around for us. We'd have a national title right now if not for Grantham IMO.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:24:41 AM EDT
Go Clemson!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2014 11:49:21 AM EDT by wtturn]
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:16:25 PM EDT
Deadspin does a series called "Why Your Team Sucks", here is this year's on the Falcons. Be sure to read the fan comments at the bottom...

Deadspin Article
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:04:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sleazy-E:
Deadspin does a series called "Why Your Team Sucks", here is this year's on the Falcons. Be sure to read the fan comments at the bottom...

Deadspin Article
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:32:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cold:
Go Big RED.
View Quote

Good man Husker Power! I hope I can make it up for a game this year.
Top Top