Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2005 12:30:17 PM EDT
Just moved out from Limington ME. to Westbrook and looking for a range to go to with hopefully a 300 yd line. Does anyone know of a good one?
Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out www.scarfg.org
They have 300 yd
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Check out www.scarfg.org
They have 300 yd

Is this the one that is by the Race Track? If so, It is a good Range to shoot at.

That's the one.  We just had a Mauser Match on the 300 yd range yesterday.

CD

www.scarfg.org/

ETA: hot link
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Durham goes up to 200 yards but also has 25, 50, 100, and a 5 stand trap and skeet.  What sucks is that they're also into archery tourneys and community events, which bog down open range time on occasion - you have to plan around it once in awhile.

There's also a pit off of Bennett Road in Gray/New Gloucester that goes WAY out....500 maybe?  Never measured it - I've only been there once.  It's about 1.5-2 miles down Bennet Road.  Going up 100N it's on your left past Cole Farms.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in Westbrook and belong to Falmouth Rod & Gun Club.  They have a pretty nice facility, with lot of activities( plate shooting, etc...)  You get a combo for the gate and can go anytime you wish.  The rifle range is at least 250, but can't remember if it's any longer.  They have a website.    frandg.org   I couldn't find any info on the range itself, but I'm sure you could contact someone.  It's a short hop on the turnpike to get there.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I grew up in Westbrook and belong to Falmouth Rod & Gun Club.  They have a pretty nice facility, with lot of activities( plate shooting, etc...)  You get a combo for the gate and can go anytime you wish.  The rifle range is at least 250, but can't remember if it's any longer.  They have a website.    frandg.org   I couldn't find any info on the range itself, but I'm sure you could contact someone.  It's a short hop on the turnpike to get there.  

It's the membership fees that kept me out of there!!!  Durham is $60 per year.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been ten years since I belonged.  I only paid $30 a year when I belonged. The short highway trip is nice, though.  It was only a quater to get on in Westbrook and off in Falmouth.  I think it's a buck now, $.50 on, $.50 off.  Good luck. Finding 300 yards of open anything in Maine is tough.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The Falmouth rifle range has a covered line at 100yds and bench at 200 yards.  100 is obvioulsy closed while the 200 is in use.  There is a 25 yd pistol range with cover.  That's where the falling plates are shot.  A 5 position trap range near the club house.  And there is another 25 yard pistol range closer to the river.

It's a good club, I actually shoot there with my wife more often than Scarborough.

CD
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Im trying to get into Scarborough, but it seems there is a waiting list to get in. But the biggest problem I have is just getting a weekend with no rain, what is going on, this is getting rediculous! Every day I have where I can go shooting, the heavens open up and say no way! Did simling seed the clouds or somethin?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Im trying to get into Scarborough, but it seems there is a waiting list to get in. But the biggest problem I have is just getting a weekend with no rain, what is going on, this is getting rediculous! Every day I have where I can go shooting, the heavens open up and say no way! Did simling seed the clouds or somethin?

As far as I know there is no waiting list.  We've had people bringing applications in at every meeting that I've been to in the past 3 months.

The procedure is basically as follows: bring an app in to either a general or business meeting.(dates & times are listed on the web stie)  An applicant mst attend one general meeting, one business meeting and have a sponsor.  If they don't have a sponsor they'll usually set you up with somebody at the meeting.  It's someone to say explain club rule, go over the facility and shoot with you at least once.  At the second general meeting, if everything else is completed, there is a vote for the members acceptance.

It's a pretty similar procedure to most of the clubs I'm familiar with.

Hopefully see you at one of the meetings.
CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top