Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:59:53 PM EDT
Hi all,

Where are the places to shoot around here?,So far i've been told about Tom Bean and Bullet Trap Inc. both of which sound great ( I must hire a .50 DE!!)

P.S. Just found that Six flags is closed when i'm around, am I missing out on much? Also could the guy who sent me the details about Bullet Trap IM me again please as a bunch of my messages seem to have disappeared!

See you all soon,

Leon

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a great outdoor range not too far from plano...

www.backwoodstraps.com/
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A closer outdoor gun range is Collin County Gun Range.  Its about 10 miles north on Highway 75, to McKinney, and east about 4 miles on US380.  I'm might be heading out that way tomorrow , fi you'd like to come along, send me an IM.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Six Flags is worth a visit, sorry your going to miss it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to Tom Bean. People will bring the fun stuff, rapid fire, bump firing, full auto, tannerite, etc. is allowed... no other range lets you do that around here...

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
At both Backwoods and Collin County Gun Range you're very restricted to the whims of the daily rangenazi, Bullettrap is just bullshit bay shooting. While a short drive away, we're free to experiment with various sized Tannerite charges, experiance the joy of Beta Mag dumps, the thrill of bumpfiring, 100 yard pistol shooting and Ralph's Little Bus. Come join us here.......
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
At both Backwoods and Collin County Gun Range you're very restricted to the whims of the daily rangenazi, Bullettrap is just bullshit bay shooting. While a short drive away, we're free to experiment with various sized Tannerite charges, experiance the joy of Beta Mag dumps, the thrill of bumpfiring, 100 yard pistol shooting and Ralph's Little Bus. Come join us here.......

Where is this place that sounds like a ton of fun?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is this place that sounds like a ton of fun?

Tom Bean.  Link  4th from bottom. I have not been there or I could give you better directions.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#8]
sweet Thanks for all the information.What day would be the best for Tom Bean? im around from the 5th to the 8th (7th and 8th is the weekend), and apparently the wethers going to be the best on saturday,Or is it better just to wait until nearer the date to do all of this stuff?

P.S. cheers for the offer FAIL-SAFE, If only I could accept! Texas is definitely a possible immigration option for me in the future!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#9]
For Tom Bean, be sure to stock up on some ammo before you head out there.... bring your own targets, ammo, etc. Its usually an unattended range, although the owner lives nearby.

Also might want to coordinate several ar15.commers to be there to borrow some toys, unless you know people that own firearms that will take you out there...

Maybe order some bulk ammo and maybe even Tannerite (or have John1167? save you a box) so it will be here when you need it... have it shipped to someone you trust/know/etc... or have someone order it and you will pay them on arrival, maybe give them a deposit...?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]
PS: some of us live near or not far from Tom Bean and have some cool toys and are always willing to go out there.

CnL & friends are usually more than happy to be there, so why don't you pick the day (I think Sunday is better since CockedAndLocked is usually available that day) and Makarov_Mami and the rest of us will probably be able to make it... and maybe we can make it an all day event/BBQ.

Ammo suggestions, for some toys that I have:
.223/5.56-- prefer brass cased. mil-spec (i.e. XM193) will have a faster cyclic rate when bumping AR pistols 9mm subsonic, 147gr winchester white box/USA/brass/non-corosive
9mm (brass cased)
.45ACP (brass cased)
.40S&W  (brass cased)
.22LR

NON COROSIVE AMMO ONLY

Edited to add: more info on calibers

Let us know which calibers/guns to bring... as I don't bring everything to the range.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I am definitely in, Saturday or Sunday, but Sunday will be better for CnL.

My toys eat .223 and 9mm if you wanna play with them.  I also have a bottle of tannerite waiting with your name on it!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
You come shooting with us - and you will have full access to all my guns and all my ammo.  My treat.  When do you leave to head over?  Just start a new thread and we will schedule a dinner/get together if you want, and a day to go shoot over the weekend.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys I am desperate to find some C3 friendly shooting ranges.  Does Tom Bean allow FA?  Do you just show up?  If it's unattended, how do you pay?  I'd love to get a good outdoor FA session under my belt.

Tannerite??  HELL YEAH!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I have got to get there one of these days
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Guys I am desperate to find some C3 friendly shooting ranges.  Does Tom Bean allow FA?  Do you just show up?  If it's unattended, how do you pay?  I'd love to get a good outdoor FA session under my belt.

I'd like to meet you, Gorilla, and learn more about your Form 1 suppressor build, and your Ciener .22LR kit modifications (including the ball detent and the extractors you made yourself).
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

At Tom Bean all are welcome, especialy the C3 owners. Just act in a safe manner, pick up your trash/ brass when you leave, bring your own target/  target stands, pay at the grey box on the range shack (beside the metal building, bottom box, money thru the slot), do not be a dick to other range users, do not shoot over the berm, do not shoot up C&L's orange target stands (uses lathe strips for target frames), use common sense and have a good time.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks all!

Quoted:
You come shooting with us - and you will have full access to all my guns and all my ammo.  My treat.  When do you leave to head over?  Just start a new thread and we will schedule a dinner/get together if you want, and a day to go shoot over the weekend.

Great, Lets do it!! I leave on the 4th of Janurary

Quoted:

Let us know which calibers/guns to bring... as I don't bring everything to the range.

I would just love to do any shooting, but I would love anything full auto/AR related,anything 1911, anything H&K, a polymer pistol (XD/glock), any revolver, anything 5.7mm, a tac shotoy,anything .50, a bolt-action rifle and a sixgun (peacemaker type thing, I've just seem for a few dollars more!)any of those would be amazing

Also does anyone have a link where I can find some rough ammo prices? I wonder how they compare to over here

Cheers,

Leon
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would just love to do any shooting, but I would love anything full auto9mm subsonic/AR related9mm, .223/5.56, Pistols too,anything 1911.45ACP, anything H&K.45ACP, 9mm, a polymer pistolHK/Glock/S&W (XD/glock.40S&W), any revolver, anything 5.7mm, a tac shotoy,anything .50, a bolt-action rifle and a sixgun (peacemaker type thing, I've just seem for a few dollars more!)any of those would be amazing

Also does anyone have a link where I can find some rough ammo prices? I wonder how they compare to over here

Cheers,

Leon

Ammo: ammosale.com

Pretty much everyone has most of what you listed above. I've marked some of what I have...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
If you want to order some ammo ahead of your arrival, I will gladly receive it at my address for you.  

But really, on a serious note, that is not such a bad idea, but involves some trust on your part....I do have some ammo you can shoot, on my dime, but I do not have some of the other calibers in my stockpile.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:26:11 AM EDT
[#20]
OK the gouge so far is that LeonUK is going to be shown some Texas hospitality at Tom beans either the 7th or 8th.  True statement?  If so, I'd like to drag my evil weapons cache out there and contribute to the fun!    I've got a RR M16/9, Uzi + can, Ciener + DIAS, and maybe, just maybe, my LM7 will be on hand.  Hell I'll bring my Sharps 'buffler' gun since we ARE in Texas!

Has a date definitely been set?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:09:59 AM EDT
[#21]
let's pick Sunday so CnL can be there, and we can have a BBQ...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
let's pick Sunday so CnL can be there, and we can have a BBQ...

I can play if it's a Sunday, especially if the 8th is decided on
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#23]
It's also Market Hall weekend.

mm
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:54:31 AM EDT
[#24]
As the official DFW crew site nurturer, here is the schedule for the weekend of Jan 7th-8th:

8AM Saturday morning - Market Hall gunshow.  Browse a fine selection of weapons for sale, and pick up any ammo you need for the weekend!

12:30pm Saturday - Gun-nut lunch - leave from the show.  Meet and greet with LeonUK.

10AM Sunday - Tom Bean range.  NFA/Tannerite shoot and BBQ late lunch.

How does this sound?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#26]
How much wood do you need?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok, let me rephrase....how much is a "rick" of wood... I have never been to an AR15 and plan on being there, what else can I bring?

I have 3AR's
1 STG58 FAL
1 M1A
1 Bulg AK
1 Kimber Custom II
2 XD's
1 Benelli Eagle II

ammo...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
As the official DFW crew site nurturer, here is the schedule for the weekend of Jan 7th-8th:

8AM Saturday morning - Market Hall gunshow.  Browse a fine selection of weapons for sale, and pick up any ammo you need for the weekend!

12:30pm Saturday - Gun-nut lunch - leave from the show.  Meet and greet with LeonUK.

How does this sound?

FALARAK...........is this one of those shoots you were telling me about?
I would love to join as Tom Bean isnt very far from me at all.

- Donovan
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Ok, let me rephrase....how much is a "rick" of wood... I have never been to an AR15 and plan on being there, what else can I bring?

I have 3AR's
1 STG58 FAL
1 M1A
1 Bulg AK
1 Kimber Custom II
2 XD's
1 Benelli Eagle II

ammo...

it is a small, informal range - bring it all along!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Hell.... we can just do a smaller BBQ/grill if we cant get the wood.  I sure dont have access to any.  If it is bitter cold or rainy - we will have a tiny group anyway.... these DFW lightweights.  

FALARAK...........is this one of those shoots you were telling me about?
I would love to join as Tom Bean isnt very far from me at all.

- Donovan

Yep.... unless the dates change - plan on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#33]
range fee is normally $3/hr - is the arfcom price still $5/day?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Any suggestions on quality BBQ certified wood for the smoker? Have you ever eaten at Rudy's in Denton.... That is some good BBQ...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

How does this sound?

Great I'm there!! Are the gunshows something worth going to? As for pre-ordering ammo, can't I just get some from wallmart or the gunshow? I don't need a permit or anything right?

See you all soon!

Leon!

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Great I'm there!! Are the gunshows something worth going to? As for pre-ordering ammo, can't I just get some from wallmart or the gunshow? I don't need a permit or anything right?

See you all soon!

Leon!

You should be able to find most any ammo you want at the gun show, .223/5/56x45mm might be a bit hard to find because of demand.  Just be sure to go with one of the more seasoned members, they'll lead you right to the best vendors.  Imagine over 1500-8 ft tables mostly crammed full of firearms....that's the Market Hall show.  We usually use Falarak as a permit, the vendor sees him with us and we can get a sympathy discount.

mm
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
99-1? Is that O.K.??? I will have to go 3 hours south to get it (at an undisclosed location). I have seen the T.B. range on many drive bys (sp), and need the owners permission for this. I have lots of tracer, but there is a burn ban in Grayson county. The only other thing I have to add to this event is an FNSP1, but that is not much fun closer than 600. This hinges on the fact that I don't need to work 3 hours south that weekend. Reply from the owner of the range please. LeonUK, bring ear plugs these people will hook you up.    
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
range fee is normally $3/hr - is the arfcom price still $5/day?

Yep, I just checked with the range manager (/me looks in mirror )

$5 per person for the day for our group shoots

Pay the big guy with the .45 on his hip .... and the cutie on his arm ......

Sorry, no cuties for you!  I'll be back home before then!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks like a good weekend in the making.

I can bring some firewood. I will check back a few days before to see what we need, can bring it out the day before or whatever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#44]
woot woot woot
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I have lots of tracer, but there is a burn ban in Grayson county.

*cough* nationwide *cough*
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#47]
woot woot woot? Is that proper English for the bunny has large teeth, we will need the royal hand grenade (Tannerite)? Forgot about market hall, may need to be there. Yes, many excuses, and the sad thing is that the range is 20 min. away.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

A guy from the UK shooting a .50 cal ... this is going to be goooooooood  

I can maybe bring a few toys...don't know for sure yet...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A guy from the UK shooting a .50 cal ... this is going to be goooooooood  

I can maybe bring a few toys...don't know for sure yet...

You will have to excuse frisco, he is still dreaming Santa is going to bring him a Shrike and an LM7 for Christmas.... NOT!  He will be there with the usual toys, as will I.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
You will have to excuse frisco, he is still dreaming Santa is going to bring him a Shrike and an LM7 for Christmas.... NOT!  He will be there with the usual toys, as will I.

Waiting is the hardest part...guess I'm a real sucker for punishment.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top