Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 9/7/2013 7:12:19 AM EDT
The wife and me are looking for a range to join. We usually go to the one by Ingleside. What else is around that we can bring family to? We live in Beeville if there is something close to us that would be great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:52:13 AM EDT
There is the corpus christi gun club which is yearly 140 dollars plus  50 bucks for first time class. But you get access to many ranges for free afterwards plus u can bring people.  Or you can go to starrys and shoot he has a 100 yard a pistol bay and shotgun. Its not bad its only ten dollars a gun there unlimited time wish they hada 50 yard range though .
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2013 7:55:52 AM EDT by TUFBOY]
Starry  Shooting on Yorktown road near Flour Bluff ( Out door range )
Sharp Shooter 5400 block of South Staples ( Indoor range)   25 and 50 yard
Nichols Phy. and gun shop on Leopard and Mckinize road. ( new indoor range may be open now)    25 yard
I go to the Sharp Shooter myself full service gun shop great people
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:30:03 AM EDT
Great little outdoor range in Ingleside.  Can't remember the name.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 1:04:39 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TUFBOY:
Starry  Shooting on Yorktown road near Flour Bluff ( Out door range )
Sharp Shooter 5400 block of South Staples ( Indoor range)   25 and 50 44 yard
Nichols Phy. and gun shop on Leopard and Mckinize road. ( new indoor range may be open now)    25 yard
I go to the Sharp Shooter myself full service gun shop great people
View Quote

FIFY

I was there today and had my range finder with me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:24:45 PM EDT
The range in AP is $60 a year, outdoor, but not too bad and up to 200 yards IIRC. It is a few miles south of Lowes.

The CCRPC is great, but has gotten very busy in the past year.  Lots of new pistol bays.  I am a little annoyed with the range being closed for shooting events,  but otherwise a great place to shoot.

I flat refuse to shoot at Sharp Shooters.  Besides the general hate of the place, there are a lot of very unsafe shooters there and no RSO.  At least at CCRPC there is no expectation of an RSO and I can shoot in my own lane.

Starrys is okay, but charges $10 per firearm.  That gets expensive.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:36:34 PM EDT
Anyone have some land to go shooting at?  I've got a new 308 that wants to stretch its legs
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:47:20 PM EDT
I loved ccrpc while I was there. I really wish there was one like it here in houston.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:32:40 AM EDT
You might want to check out Texas Carbine as they put on some great matches especially the Pirates of Texas Carbine Championship!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:37:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:
The range in AP is $60 a year, outdoor, but not too bad and up to 200 yards IIRC. It is a few miles south of Lowes.

View Quote

schwenkes?

i go out there every so often, joined back in may and i believe it was $75/yr
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:19:46 PM EDT
From what I have seen on their Facebook, Nichols' indoor 25yd range should be opening around the beginning of October.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:23:53 AM EDT
There is another private shooting range on the far west side of corpus.  Dunno the name.  But have heard several people saying it was a nice little self service type of range.  Not Nichols pharmacy range.
I avoid Starrys if at all possible.    The owner is rude, crude and will pull sand bags out from under your arms while you are shooting.....saying,"you don't need that"
Disagree with Starry and you will hear the full range of low life abusive foul mouthed insults.  Have seen him kick people off the range, no refund, for protesting abusive treatment.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:28:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TexRdnec:

schwenkes?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

schwenkes?

That's it.  If you go during the week the place is empty.  I really like it out there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:10:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dryroasted:
That's it.  If you go during the week the place is empty.  I really like it out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dryroasted:

schwenkes?

Yeah, that one.  Past few times I was out there it was packed.  Next time I am out at Ingleside airport I need to fly over it.  Always been curious how close it really is to 35, since you are shooting that direction.

Top Top