Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/19/2004 12:33:38 PM EST
Hi all,
I go to Purdue and now that I'm out of the dorms and can have at least some of my toys here I was wondering if anyone could recomend any ranges or clubs near(ish) to campus, preferable indoors.

Thanx in advance.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:25:03 PM EST
Besides the armory? (which is .22 only, although I bet that backstop could handle 5.56 no problem) I'll direct the Purdue guys here, there is a new indoor place nearby, but I'm graduated. Out of the loop.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:37:07 PM EST
Gah.
Step 1.) join Rifle Pistol Club

Step 2.) Ingratiate yourself to the members. Ammo/ free guns often work well.

Step 3.) Follow along on one of the trips to JP. 20 people, 100+ guns, 10,000+ rds of ammo. Lots of fun.

We are also looking to possibly reach an agreement with Flatcreek to shoot. But that isnt certain.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:38:50 PM EST
This one's easy.
www.wvrpc.org/

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:26:42 PM EST
I think there is one 15 miles NE of campus.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:28:23 PM EST
Wildcat Valley was mentioned above.

There is also a new indoor range on the south side of Lafayette off of 350 South, I think.

There is also the Atlanta Conservation Club about an hour away.

Plus the Linden Conservation Club, which is just south of Romney off of US231.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:52:42 AM EST
rhino_

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a member @ Atlanta next year. I think there's enough ARFcommers, GlockTalkers and displaced Wildcat Valley shooters there who know me, that getting sponsored shouldn't be a problem. I like that you guys shoot some matches and such on Sundays, which is usually the only weekend day I can wrangle off from the shop. Plus, you're closer to Indy than WVRP.

Is the membership process a long, drawn-out affair like it is at Wildcat (induction meetings are quarterly)? If so, maybe I should start NOW, so I can actually shoot there in the spring! When's the next membership meeting?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:03:05 PM EST
Membership at Atlanta is a lot more straightforward and there are no "slave labor" requirements. I think meetings are on the first Monday evening of the month, but I am not sure. I've never been to a club meeting! I joined on a match day after we finished shooting.

Membership information should be available at the web site. AtlantaCC

You may even know me and not know it.

Originally Posted By Shooter521:
rhino_

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a member @ Atlanta next year. I think there's enough ARFcommers, GlockTalkers and displaced Wildcat Valley shooters there who know me, that getting sponsored shouldn't be a problem. I like that you guys shoot some matches and such on Sundays, which is usually the only weekend day I can wrangle off from the shop. Plus, you're closer to Indy than WVRP.

Is the membership process a long, drawn-out affair like it is at Wildcat (induction meetings are quarterly)? If so, maybe I should start NOW, so I can actually shoot there in the spring! When's the next membership meeting?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:06:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By rhino_:
You may even know me and not know it.

If you're who I think you are, then I don't think that's possible...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:06:39 AM EST
You're probably right!

I'm guessing I know you, but I can't remember a Mike with an "L" last name offhand ... hmmm ...

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:41:08 AM EST
If you're an ME from the '80s, I'm a EE from '97. Think WVPPS with a 686.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:57 PM EST
Ah-HAH! Everything is clear now!

Hi, Mike!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:05:23 AM EST
I'm a '96 Purdue grad myself; I probably don't know either of you guys unless I've met you at a GSSF shoot, Wildcat Valley IDPA match or the indoor leagues here in Indy... even then, I probably wouldn't put 2 and 2 together with your screen name.

Guess I can look forward to meeting you at the Atlanta club when I join!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:20:56 AM EST
Rhino and I are both Rose-Hulman grads and have shot together before. I don't reckon I've crossed paths with you since I've never been to any GSSF or IDPA matches. Maybe one of these days I'll get to a match at Atlanta and see you there. If you see rhino_ there you'll know--he's the same size as his nickname.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:45:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Shooter521:
I'm a '96 Purdue grad myself; I probably don't know either of you guys unless I've met you at a GSSF shoot, Wildcat Valley IDPA match or the indoor leagues here in Indy... even then, I probably wouldn't put 2 and 2 together with your screen name.

Guess I can look forward to meeting you at the Atlanta club when I join!

I've only shot at Wildcat Valley IDPA a couple of times this year because of other matches I attended, but I think I was at all of them last year, including the IDPA Regional. I was at the last match, so if you were there, you probably saw me!

I shot most of the NRA Action Pistol matches at Wildcat this year too. I even won MM class at the Regional!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:45:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mike_L:
Rhino and I are both Rose-Hulman grads and have shot together before. I don't reckon I've crossed paths with you since I've never been to any GSSF or IDPA matches. Maybe one of these days I'll get to a match at Atlanta and see you there. If you see rhino_ there you'll know--he's the same size as his nickname.

But I can walk on two legs again!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:32:38 PM EST
I need to shoot some more matches. I'm a 03 Purdue grad. Spent some time at Rose to at the gun club shoots. When the season starts up next year, you guys need to post up what matches people are going too. Always time to talk in the pits.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:48:44 PM EST
I'll be posting match notices all year 'round. Only the weenie sports quit for the winter!

I've got a problem with the R-HIT Gun Club since Mike_L and the class behind him graduated. I send all of the officers a message each year to invite them to shoot with us (WVPPS at the Riley CC), but with one exception I've never even received a reply! That one exception was a guy this year who graduated last year that I met at Darrel's in Cayuga. Other than that, they just ignore me.

It's funny how the students who are asking me for donations don't seem to have any trouble contacting me without provocation, but the gun club officers can't even a muster to hit the "reply" button even once for an alumnus. That's weak.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:37:04 PM EST
Are there any Hipower or 3 gun matches near purdue here soon?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:06:16 AM EST
Krazny13:

My calendar shows a 2-gun match @ Wildcat Valley on Sunday 10/31, and a Hi Power match on Sunday 11/7.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:16:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Are there any Hipower or 3 gun matches near purdue here soon?

This is tomorrow (24OCT04):

WHAT: USPSA Three Gun Match

WHEN: 24 October, 2004
Registration 09:00
Shooters' Meeting 09:45

WHERE: Atlanta Conservation Club (home of ChIPS!)
29595 Leonard Road
Atlanta, IN 46031-9749

DETAILS: Go to the AtlantaCC web site.

Top Top