Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2003 5:41:50 PM EDT
Add yours to the list

Calverton
Exit 71 off of the LIE.  Get off and go south roughly 3/4-1 mile and the entrance is on the right side of the road.  Look for the gate and Range sign.
Cost is $10 all day or $130 season pass
Hours opens 8am or so shooting begins at 9-4pm, i belive 5 or 6 pm when it gets warmer
points? 50 or so points.  No running water, there is a roach coach. Distances are 50,100 and 200 yds (300 on saturday evenings in the summer).  There is a dedicated pistol area that has 10 and 25m i believe as well as a shotgun pit.  

Brookhaven
Exit 68 on the LIE.  Get off but keep going straight.  Get on the WIlliam Floyd Pkwy North.  Take this 4-5 miles until you hit route 25.  Take that east 1-1.5 miles and range entrance is on the left.  A very large sign points out the range which is adjacent to a park
Fees are $10? for 4 hours of rifle shooting or $4.50 for each round of Skeet or trap.
Shooting starts at 9 and I believe goes to 4pm.  The bench area of the rifle range is covered so shooting in the rain or otherwise poor conditions can be done here.  Distances are 50, 100 and 200 yds and a pistol section.
maybe 30 points at the rifle range and the same at the pistol area.  There is ammo, food and running water here.

there are no target pits at either of these ranges.(im assuming you mean highpower pits)
Link Posted: 2/17/2003 8:10:03 AM EDT
[#1]
What distance(s) are there and how many firing points? Any target pits? Any water, food, snacks, targets, or ammo sales?
Link Posted: 2/19/2003 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
TOWN OF HUNTINGTON

LIE to exit 49 South.  Travel approximately 1.5 miles until you see the Huntington Hilton on the right side of the road.  Turn right at that traffic light onto Spagnoli Rd.  Travel approximately 1 mile until you see the range entrance on the right side.  Continue down the entrance road STRAIGHT through the gate, do not enter the gravel pit!

Probably one of the safest ranges around, the range officers are more than willing to assist the visitors.  You MUST have sight and hearing protection at all times.  

Fee is $10 for as long as you want to shoot.  Maybe $12 for non residents, the same as Brookhaven, except no time limit.  Range officers are much nicer at Huntington also.  No restrictions on mag size or how many you load either.  No rapid fire.

Pistol range, 50 and 100 yard rifle range.  Night shooting on certain days and the same goes for clays.

This range is VERY similar to Brookhaven.
Link Posted: 2/20/2003 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The Calverton range only has a roach coach and an ammo truck on weekends.  
Does the Huntington range also have a place to buy some snacks and ammo, is it only on weekends, and is there a porta-john?
Do they have safety glasses for rent?
(For the extra gas for me to drive to Calverton, Huntington seems like its worth the extra 4 bucks I would pay for the better half and I.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2003 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
the huntington range has is 13.00 off season and 17.00 during the season.annual membership is 190.00. they have no concession stand and no place to purchase ammo although great american outdoor is just up 110 on the right.
they have more than enough points at 50 and 100 yds for small and large bore rifles.there is pistol range but im not sure of the distances.

the range officers are sticklers for safety and wil assist in sighting in a weapon or scope.
Link Posted: 3/1/2003 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, they have safety glasses for rent as well as targets for sale and the range is extremely well kept.  Vending sucks, but you can always head up the road about 2 minutes to just about every fast food place known to man!  And yes, ammo is also a 2 minute ride away to American Outdoor Sports.  

While at the range, just be prepared for tons of paper punching and not much else.
Link Posted: 3/1/2003 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Balzac72, 2gun, Hoplite,
Thanks for the info!  This website is to a newbie shooting what noreast.com is to fishing.  I already wear bifocals and having to wear them at Huntington, after 28 years in the reserves with CSW qual as well as M16, 9 and 45, and shooting in college and high school, seems somehow superfluous.  What do they charge to rent the kind that will go over my regular glasses?  What is their definition of rapid fire?  I have yet to fire my AR15 outdoors and was hoping I could "waste" some Wolf...sounds like Calverton is still the place for me to shoot more than a few rounds a minute.  Is Huntington fussy like Nassau County about PC targets (no Saddam?)  thanks!!
Art
Link Posted: 3/5/2003 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
no faces can be used at huntington(i think those rules were made for all of us that were using slick willie as a target).you wont need to cover the specs i wear regular glasses and those are perfectly acceptable.im not sure what their definition of rapid fire is but i once got chewed out when there were to pieces of my brass in the air at the same time so id say calverton probably is where you will need to stay to rapid fire.

other than that theres a fine bunch of folks that shoot at huntington but i would like to shoot at calverton one of these weekends if we ever get one without wind,rain, and snow.
Link Posted: 3/8/2003 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't shot at Calverton yet, but under stand it lives up to the nickname of wild-wild west. I usally shoot at WHB range or eastport.
 should be out shooting at calverton soon, if i'm not shovelling snow. see yall out there. LOU
Link Posted: 3/11/2003 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Bullet Hole
78 Rutgers Street
Belleville, NJ 07109
973-759-3968

www.anjrpc.org/ranges/BulletHole.htm

Public Indoor range

Tel: 973-759-3968
Fax: 973-759-1900

[email protected]

Ten shooting ports that can accommodate all traditional handgun calibers up to and including .50 Desert Eagle. We also accommodate rifles chambered for handgun calibers and shotguns firing buckshot or slugs. A complete line of all types of firearms, accessories, ammunition and hunting supplies is available. On premises gunsmithing service is also offered.

The Bullet Hole can be reached off Route 21 in Belleville. Take Route 21 south to Exit #7. At the bottom of the exit ramp make a left onto Main Street. Continue south on Main Street to the second traffic light. Make a right onto Rutgers Street.

Route 21 can be accessed from Route 3 east or west.
Link Posted: 3/14/2003 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#10]
defender, Calverton isnt half as wild as it used to be back in the 80's , but its still a place where you can have fun and no one will look down on your "black guns" . You can still load up a 30 round mag and pop away but not as fast as years gone by..
The place is a lot cleaner now  and the shooting tables and Target Holders are in better Shape, But they do need to Get a proper Toilet and Running water.
I love it, i might be thewre on Sunday after the Gun Show in Melville.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, just posted this in the wrong thread:

Are there any public ranges in the upper
Westchester county area?  One of our threesome/foursome lives in that area and keeps making the 2 hour trip to Calverton!
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Westchester, what about the Westchester range near Camp Smith?  I believe it's county run.  Peekskill, I believe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.westchestergov.com/parks/brochures/SptmanCentermain.htm

Finally found the link to the Westchester range.
Sounds a bit too organized and a tad expensive.
What about public outdoor ranges in Putnam  or Rockland County ?  Does anyone have any info on those counties?  Also, I heard that the Brookhaven range was closed due to a DEC problem!?  Any truth to that ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]
This range is now closed per DEC orders.

Anarchy Range - Springville, NY
30 Miles South of Buffalo, near the Kissing Bridge ski resort.

OK I am going to give detailed directions to my favorite place to shoot in New York.  I hesitated to put these directions up because usually I go out there and I have the place to myself and I like it that way, but I also want to help you guys out.

This is the Anarchy Range.  It is the Anarchy Range because anything goes and no one hassles you out there.  It is on state gamelands about 15 minutes from Springville, NY.  There's lots of trout fishing spots and outdoor type stuff around this area to.  Just keep your eyes open on the way out there and you'll see it.

On the way to the range you'll pass a big Wal Mart that has a full-size grocery store in it.  It's a good place for last minute supplies, food, ammo, and so on.  Get a case of Sam's Club pop for some nice reactive targets.  You should also bring insect repellant.

Anarchy Range
  • Start at the intersection of Rte. 219 and Rte. 39

• Go South on 219.  You will see a Super Wal-Mart on the right.

• Immediately after the Wal Mart parking lot, turn Right.  There is a traffic light there.  The road is Zoar Valley Road.

• Haul ass down that road for a few miles.  Watch for potholes!!!  They're fuckin huge!

• Soon you will see a very conspicuous blue bridge on the left.  Cross that bridge.

• You will climb a big hill.  This climb takes about 2 miles or so.  Then you go down the hill.

• At the bottom of the hill is a road that goes to the right.  Turn right down that road.  It's called Utely Street

• The road goes for half a mile or so and then forks.  Take the left fork.  This is also called Utely street.

• Almost there.  Follow Utely Street for a brief distance and turn right onto Traffic Street

• Traffic street goes for a little bit and then turns to a dirt road.  About 1/2 mile after it turns to the dirt road you will see the shooting range on the left.  You can't miss it.  There are shotgun shells covering the ground and targets and all sorts of things that people took out there just to DESTROY them!!

• Depending on the time of year you will be swarmed with biting flies.  Absolutely take insect repellant!

I understand the State used to put benches out there, but people kept stealing them and shit so now there's no benches.  There's no water or anything nearby so bring everything you'll need--drinks, snacks, toilet paper, whatever.  Also bring stuff that you want to destroy.  I have seen Barbie dolls out there, doll houses, hula girls, propane cylanders and so on.

Have fun!  And if you find a mistake in my directions let me know and I will edit them!

If you have friends who like to shoot, but are really uptight, don't tell them about this place.  It's one of the few places I know of where I can go and really forget that I'm in New York State, the home of Hillary Klinton and Prince Charles Schumer!  I don't need some busybody whining that I'm bustin off too many caps at once, or who doesn't like my bump firing!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#17]
  The Blue Mountain Sportsman's Center in Cortland is the only public range I've found in Northern Westchester, so far.
  Pistol and smallbore range has 25/50 yd and is $8/hour, $6/hour for county resident. Bigbore has 100 yd and is 10/hour, 8/hour county resident. Rumour has it they're extending some to 200 yd., but nobody seems to know when. Pistol/smallbore you can only load 5 rounds at a time. Bigbore is 1 round at a time.
 They're also only open Saturdays, 10-4:30 and Sundays 11-4:30. Monday holidays are the exception and follow Sat. hours.
 If anybody knows of any public ranges in Putnam or lower Dutchess and has been to them, post a rundown. Wouldn't mind driving a little further for more freedom (rounds) or lower price. I would rather spend my dough on more ammo and fire it faster!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#18]
sweet. I might have to take a drive. The rnage I go to in Buffalo, actually Niagara falls, the niagara gun range, isn't bad but it's indoor so no water jugs or other interactive targets. Only place I can go now for that is the Rod and Gun club my dad and brother belong to in Westfield, which means well over an hour and a half drive, closer to 2 hours.

Quoted:
[b]Anarchy Range - Springville, NY[/b]
30 Miles South of Buffalo, near the Kissing Bridge ski resort.
-Nick Viejo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#19]
We've got it pretty good in Northern NY.(Watertown area)
There are two ranges within six miles of my house....pretty much shoot whatever you want, just clean up after yourself. No glass, tires, trash,...you know. Membership is $15.00 per year. Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays. NTTL tournaments. Most every town up here has a "sportsmen's club" with a Trap field, and rifle range. I frequent the range once or twice a week, almost never see anyone else, too bad because that's when I fire the best groups.
Ft. Drum has opened a state-of-the-art indoor range, and they'll let you try out some of the "fun" stuff. Haven't been there myself YET, but my brother-in-law works for range control and promised to take me in!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#20]
From Helldog's Review.  Was looking for it, i'm sure other folks might too.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=170288&page=1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen,
Finally got a chance to shoot at the club that I joined (sight unseen) in Ulster County, just north of Ellenville off Route 55.

100& (small) 200 yd. rifle, smallbore and pistol (looks about 50 ft.), Trap and skeet.

Rifle range has six tables in a shed with garage doors, four uncovered tables, plenty of room to spread out and shoot prone.

Clubhouse on site (I'll investigate rental), and RV hookups on the same property (again, further investigation req'd.)

Get this: FIVE other members besides me and Lorie over a 4 hour period. NO morons and best of all, NO LUNCH LADY.

I took pictures and will post them later. The club is open membership, no sponsor required. Best of all: $35 a year dues, $35 initiation fee.

That's right, for $70 initial cost, all you guys in the Hudson Valley can have a good place to shoot.

As far as a group shoot, this is the southern end of the area referred to as the Jewish Alps (Kaatskills). There are several state parks, numerous lodgings from small modest motels to full-blown spas and golf resorts. Camping, horseback riding, rock climbing, linear trails for biking, and hang gliding are all within 30 minutes.

I will recon further and post details as they become available.

So all you guys that wish you went to Calverton but just couldn't do 3-4 hours ride and back in a day have no more excuses!

The above message brought to you by the Helldog Travel and Tourism Corp.(Humble and Loveable), LLC, All Rights Reserved 2003.

Edited to add, I FINALLY have an application in hand and I scanned/converted it to .PDF format. IM/Email me if you want a copy.

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#21]
How about the CHERRY RIDGE RANGE in Highland Lakes, Sussex County, New Jersey.

Not long ago a ~450lb. black bear walked out from behind the berm back stop when I last shot at the 100 yard range!

CHERRY RIDGE RANGE!!!

Great place - I am a Life Member there. Look what you get access to:

The Cherry Ridge Range

Open to all members with shooting from 8:30AM to sundown 360 days each year. Closed for two work weekends and on Christmas Day. The range property has been owned by the Association since 1935 and is surrounded by a watershed area so there will be no additional development. A paved road leads to the ranges and the clubhouse.

Clubhouse: Built in early ‘80s with kitchen facilities, rest rooms and a large meeting area with tables and folding chairs. Can easily accommodate 200 people for meeting type events. Upper floor is residence for year round Caretaker / Range Officer. Lower level contains rest rooms, storage rooms and garage with many shop tools for wood and metal.

Handgun Range: Twenty five, fifty and one hundred yard with turning targets at 25 yard range. Portable target frames used to shoot at closer distances. Covered firing ports with electricity available for match amplifiers, chronographs, etc. There is a light and sound system for cease-fires. Forty-seven firing ports with barricades for police combat. Shooting benches scattered throughout. Right hand side is reserved for black powder shooters and has racks to ease in loading.

Rifle Range: 50 yard, 50 meter, and 100 yard. There are seventy firing positions with the 20 right hand positions reserved for smallbore. Many shooting benches are available. Covered firing ports with electricity available for match amplifiers, chronographs, etc. There is a light and sound system for cease-fires. There is a large shed with scoring tables and benches for use during matches and clinics.

Silhouette Range: Covered firing positions to accommodate 25 shooters. .22 rim fire caliber only. Formal targets are only available for matches. Bring your own targets at other times. Informal falling plates are available at all times. Electricity is available for match amplifiers, chronographs, etc. A shed is available for storing match equipment.

High Power Rifle Range: 200 and 300-yard with pits. The 300-yard line is covered. There are 32 target positions in pits. Firing is done at the 200-yard line until 1:00PM and then switches to the 300-yard line except during matches. A large shed is available to store the match equipment for the wide variety of competitions held. Target frames in the pits permit members to staple targets onto the face. Competition targets have their own frames that are attached to the movable uprights.

Shotgun Range: This range is informal. Members attach their own traps to a wide rail provided and throw their own clay birds. There is a permanent target board used for patterning. This range is used for basic shotgun training and safety courses.

Archery Range: Various targets, including full sized deer targets are scattered in a tree covered area. Firing is done from a small platform and is informal.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Nassau Sportsmen's Club
Boyce Road, about five miles north of the stoplight on Route 20 in Nassau (Rensallaer, County, southeast of Albany, NOT Nassau County).

$150 to join. $100/year or $40 plus work.

Meeting house with TV and bar. Outdoor covered event area with grills. Stocked fishing pond. Trap, skeet and sporting clays. Indoor 25 yard pistol range. Outdoor 100 yard rifle range (room for four or 5 shooters, two at covered benches, two or three at picnic tables).

Members only, but may bring guests.

Open to the public for Sunday 9-1 trap and skeet year round and Wednesday 6-9pm May-September ($2.50 for 25 birds).

I don't see many black rifles other than my own, but the rifle range is largely unused except for sighting in before deer season, so you can basically do what you will. $0.50 range fee. $1.00 for guests.
Link Posted: 1/9/2004 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Eagle Eye Shooting range
14 Lane Indoor Range
Gun Sales
Federal Ammunition
Safety Courses
PTC & NRA Certified Instructors
1st Time Shooters Class
Competition Shooting
Ultra Sonic Firearm Cleaning
Full Line of Accessories
Cleaning Supplies
Holsters, Bags & Parts
Targets
Ear & Eye Protection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eagle Eye Indoor Range
700 Crown Point Road
Thorofare, NJ 08086
map    
Phone: 856-251-9099
FAX: 856-251-0027
[email protected]  

Very well kept easy to get to.  I paid $210 for a full one year membership which includes unlimited access.  W/O membership I think it's like $18. for one lane per hour.
Very nice place.
Link Posted: 1/12/2004 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Clifton Park Rod and Gun
Alias: Sportsmens Club of Clifton Park
Webpage: http://www.sportsmensclubofcliftonpark.org/

Ranges:
300yd Rifle (Completion in 2004)
200yd Rifle (50yd,100yd,150yd,200yd)
75yd Pistol (50ft,25yd,50yd,75yd)
Archery Indoor (13 lanes @ 20yd)
Archery Outdoor (Walk through course of 14 shots from 10yd to 80yd)
Trap (3 Trap fields, with Pat-Traps, Canterbury Voice Release Systems, and are lighted for night operations)

Membership: Form can be printed from their webpage.
Completed applications can be submitted in person at any regularly scheduled monthly membership meeting. Dues are seventy five dollars ($75 USD) per year with a one-time new member fee of one hundred dollars ($100 USD). Meeting are held on the second Thursday of each month at 7 P.M. with the exception of July.

Directions: 644 Englemore Rd. Clifton Park NY 12065 371-9869

From the North
Take I87 South to exit 8A turn right onto Grooms Rd. Follow Grooms Rd. for aprox. 2 miles turn left at the light at Moe Rd. travel aprox. ½ mile turn right at the T. Travel aprox. ¾ mile and the club is on the left.

From the South
Take I 87 North to exit 8A turn left onto Grooms Rd. Follow Grooms Rd. for aprox. 2 miles turn left at the light at Moe Rd. travel aprox. ½ mile turn right at the T. Travel aprox. ¾ mile and the club is on the left.

From the East
Follow Guideboard Rd. out of Waterford and cross Rt. 9 onto Grooms Rd. follow Grooms rd for aprox. 3 miles turn left at the light at Moe Rd. travel aprox. ½ mile turn right at the T. Travel aprox. ¾ mile and the club is on the left.

From the West
Follow Rt. 146 out of Schenectady or Glenville to the intersection of 146 and 146A Turn right on Vischer Ferry Rd. (Price Chopper on one corner) follow Vischer Ferry Rd. Across Grooms rd. (Stewarts on the corner) Take next left on to Englemore Rd. Travel aprox ½ mile club is on the right.

Link Posted: 1/12/2004 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#25]
SOUTH JERSEY RANGES

South Jersey Shooting Club
4 covered outdoor ranges located on Piney Hollow Road in Winslow, NJ

SJSC
P.O. Box 1828
Voorhess, NJ

(609)704-9500

The Police Association of South Jersey
25 yard indoor range located on East Broad Street in Berlin, NJ

PASJ
41 East Broad St.
Berlin, NJ

(856)753-5866
Link Posted: 2/25/2004 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Not in NJ.... just right across the border in PA.

Its the only outdoor range that people in the western part of NJ (Hunterdon area primarily) can go to.

www.efga.net/

For about $20 a year, for a 100 yard rifle, 50 foot rimfire, and a pistol range, its pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I knew I awas right to get an AR

I just arranged for my first AR, and then I found this site, these forums and this board.  

HELLO MY BRETHEREN!!!!!
I have been searching for you my entire life.

I have been stuck at the range at Uniondale my whole life.  
It is indoors, 30 yards long and no rapid fire or more than five rounds in the mag.  
I am usually tempted to put a sixth in for myself!

Just go to the Roosevelt Field Mall and drive around it in circles until you see the compusa.    Drive towards that, and look for signs for stewart Ave.  That should lead you to stweart but don't turn.  Go straight on quentin roosevelt.  BIG road curves around an ex-airfield.  At the light across from NAssau Colliseum make a left.  At light in front of NCC make a left.  Take it slow.  Wait till you see the cradle of aviation museum then look for sign on left for  Mitchell Field Range. 7 an hour for nassau folk.

It is the closest one to me, it blows.
Can't wait to get my AR, my ar15.com team membership, my ar15.com NY hat!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2004 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I knew I awas right to get an AR

I just arranged for my first AR, and then I found this site, these forums and this board.  

HELLO MY BRETHEREN!!!!!
I have been searching for you my entire life.

I have been stuck at the range at Uniondale my whole life.  
It is indoors, 30 yards long and no rapid fire or more than five rounds in the mag.  
I am usually tempted to put a sixth in for myself!

Just go to the Roosevelt Field Mall and drive around it in circles until you see the compusa.    Drive towards that, and look for signs for stewart Ave.  That should lead you to stweart but don't turn.  Go straight on quentin roosevelt.  BIG road curves around an ex-airfield.  At the light across from NAssau Colliseum make a left.  At light in front of NCC make a left.  Take it slow.  Wait till you see the cradle of aviation museum then look for sign on left for  Mitchell Field Range. 7 an hour for nassau folk.

It is the closest one to me, it blows.
Can't wait to get my AR, my ar15.com team membership, my ar15.com NY hat!!!!!!!!

WELCOME---

Wanna come tothe Fort Dix shoot this SATURDAY??? You are welocme to come, just a bit of a trip, but you would get a chance to ROCK and hang with the NJ boyz!!! Hosted by FMJunkie - NJ moderator, Ar15 guru and father figure to us all (huh)???
Link Posted: 3/26/2004 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#29]

chapperjoe,

welcome to the board. i see you just joined up this month and already have 24 posts. I only signed up last month and i have a hundred and something.

everyone here is great. Im going to the Blast tomorrow and i dont even have a rifle.

the guys said come on down and shoot theirs. I'm bringing ammo and targets though.

Well again, Welcome !

DW

Link Posted: 3/29/2004 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Around my area we mostly have your typical rod & gun clubs. The best alternative is probably Cortland Pistol Club , which has half a dozen pits in the town of Groton on Elm Street Extension right next to the Groton Rod & Gun Club. They charge $25/ year for membership.
 I joined the Cortland group just to have an additional place to shoot and the cost was minimal..I generally shoot at my own range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#31]
sorry i forgot to answer you back then.  I am  of Jewish descent and as such don't shoot on saturdays.  But I was there in spirit.  I almost have my AR pieced together and my AK is done.  Getting ready for some SERIOUS summer shooting.  Maybe I'll even try farther than 30 yards!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club in Jackson NJ. 300 & 250 yard outdoor rifle ranges. 5 outdoor pits. 25 yard indoor range. 75 yard outdoor pistol range. Trap and Skeet fields. 165 acres. Great place and usually pretty empty on the weekdays and Saturday's.
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Just shot my first 600 yard match at the Cumberland Rifleman's range near Millville NJ.  Pistol and short range rifles in the sand pits out to 100 yards.  Formal highpower targets at 200, 300 and 600 yards.  Members only, unfortunatly, except for matches.  

47 clicks up from 200 to 600 yards.  Quite a visible air gap under the rear sight base.

Grand fun.  Shooting 20 rounds prone from the 600 yard line in a stiff, hot, tight jacket nearly killed me.  So of course, I had to go back the next day for the second half.

No website but try this site for a map of all the ranges in Nj that have HP matches and links to their websites or contact info.  Heck, try the website anyway.

Norm
Link Posted: 7/8/2004 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Forum announcemement of a critical nature
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#35]
uneeded lock
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club in Jackson NJ. 300 & 250 yard outdoor rifle ranges. 5 outdoor pits. 25 yard indoor range. 75 yard outdoor pistol range. Trap and Skeet fields. 165 acres. Great place and usually pretty empty on the weekdays and Saturday's.

Central Jersey is great. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new club. great people, never crowded and all ranges are covered except the pits.

Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Great info, wasn't this tacked??
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

www.cjrpc.org/

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#42]
In Weschester you just hope across the boarder into CT, Danbury.  Wooster Mt Gun and Rod Club.  $15 to shoot and 5 if you want to rent a target holder.  Only 75 to 100 yards BUT they are lax in that 40 rnd mags taped together and rapid fired is good to go.  Suppressed weapons are good to go. No full auto.  And the 15 bucks is good for as long as you have ammo at the table.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
In Weschester you just hope across the boarder into CT, Danbury.  Wooster Mt Gun and Rod Club.  $15 to shoot and 5 if you want to rent a target holder.  Only 75 to 100 yards BUT they are lax in that 40 rnd mags taped together and rapid fired is good to go.  Suppressed weapons are good to go. No full auto.  And the 15 bucks is good for as long as you have ammo at the table.

It's a very AR friendly range.....Sports Authority just up the road for cheap ammo....You can also bring a clay thrower and shoot trap.....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#44]
anyone have directions to Tribes Hill Range?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#45]
anyone know of a place reasonably close to NYC where you can just go and shoot random shit? You know, like bowling pins, old computer parts, watermelons, pumpkins etc....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#46]
The Canaan Rifle Club, Inc.
P.O. Box 373
Canaan, NY. 12029

$35/year membership fee. You get a key to the clubhouse and the combo to the entrance lock.

Range opens at 10am daily and closes at dusk. Range is open for all but two days per year IIRC.

Police your brass and trash before leaving.

No restrictions on caliber, magazine capacity, or rapid fire. Shoot to your hearts content.

Besides hunting season, most of the time the place will be empty, with the ocassional member coming by to shoot a few rounds.

Nice small range. Has four outdoor shooting points, one indoor shooting point for the coldest winter days.

Just open the window inside the clubhouse and shoot offhand or with support from the window stand. It's more like a shed, but it's equipped with a wood stove for heat if you like.

There are bullet traps with room for three to four 100yd NRA rifle targets at the 25yd, 50yd, 75yd, and 100yd lines.
The 200yd line has just one target stand with a natural backstop.

I shot there for the first time with my boss and co-workers last weekend.

I may only get out there once or twice a year, if that, but it's worth the price of a membership for the privacy that comes with a small rifle club such as this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#47]
heads up about the Niagara Gun Range. new(to me, I hadn't been there in over a eyar) policy of no more than 10 rounds in a rifle magazine. not sure if it also applies to pistol mags as I was only on the rilfe side. also says no rapid fire, but doesn't give any indication of what's considered rapid. I can kind of understand that one since it's indoor and they don't want people getting off target too easily. that said, I didn't download my mags which I had loaded at home, 15 round M1 carbine and Beretta mags, when I was there but they don't watch you all that closely
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#48]
/\  Niagara Gun Range

I've been there before also.  Nice indoor range.  Last time I went (about a month ago) it was $12.00 an hour.  They have both a 50 ft. pistol and 25 yard rifle range.  I think they have six lanes per side.  There is a digital keypad on each lane so you can input the distance you want from about 3 yards out to the max for each side in one yard increments.  They usually aren't busy on the week nights.  I'm not sure about the weekends.

They never mentioned the ten round rule to me but I know they occassionally lose a target holder to a stray or poorly aimed shot.  I think they just mean they want you to aim each shot when they say no rapid fire.  They are good about remembering customers so once you've been there a few times and proven you are responsible they just let you shoot.  The most they ever did was glance over when I did a few double taps with my pistol.

ETA:  For a while there it seemed as though all of the New Yorkers here were from the eastern part of the state.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#49]
the rules I mentioned were on pieces of paper taped on each shooting lane
I do like shooting there, although paper targets get boring and having to pay sucks. I shot there every couple months before n_viejo posted the infor about the place near springville, which has now been shutdown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top