Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 1:34:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Carson Armory.
Highway 50 East, Carson City (Moundhouse), NV. (On the corner by the whorehouses)
(775)883-4409
Indoor range, gunstore attached, ClassIII sales, burger joint in the back. Bar next door. Brothels around the corner. Outdoor range up the road.
My favorite place to hang out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Carson Shooting Range
Highway 50 East
Take the trash dump exit, go about 1/4 mile and turn right (follow the signs)

Washoe Country Range
Pyramid Hwy, 22 miles north of Reno
Open Friday-Monday

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Wide open desert, 15 miles north of Durango exit on US95 North. Just go past the Paiute cop shop a few miles, identify the little mesas on your right, pull off, locate abandoned vehicles and old appliances. Lock, load, shoot. Free. :p
Link Posted: 1/13/2003 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#4]
SLOAN is still the BEST!!!! THE DESERT BUFFET MG SHOOT,day/night, DEFCOM MG SHOOT and various other meets are held there,

[50]
Link Posted: 1/13/2003 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2003 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I,too,agree with my good friend,Gunmonkey. I would like to mention the range in Gardnerville on Pinenut Rd next to the dump. Here is a great shot of my 11yo son fireing a AR50 BMG & the uzi{notice the safty classes blowing off his head}
[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/karri/robert=50.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/karri/robert%20uzi.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 2/16/2003 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]
the DBS shoots are usually arranged here:

http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=8

Link Posted: 2/18/2003 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a favor to ask of you folks....I have lived here for a year and a half and while I been invited to shoot at Desert Sportsman several times, I have not been able to get consistant answers about membership. Also, I have NEVER gotten a call back when I leave a message on the machine. I have been told that membership is frozen and I have beent told it is not. My question is since you folks seem to spend a lot of time there, can anyone tell me the straight scoop on how to become a member? I know NRA membership is required which is no problem. Also can you give a quick run down on hours, facilities etc. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2003 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/18/2003 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rick, they know it's you when you call, try from a different phone.

Just kidding. [:D]

Oh good, I was just preparing my satellite uplink that is programmed to bounce about 20 comsats with an encrypted downlink routed through the mayors office in San Francisco.....I will just ask nicer thats all.

Thanks for the info Wolf,  I have never been comfortable at overly regulated ranges.  I like safe ranges but I think that guy you talked about used to work in Kalifornia, he used to bust my balls too.  The real reason I want to join is the range is less than 5 minutes from my door!!!!  It would be VERY convieninet for those times when you only have an hour or two to kill.  Thanks again and have a good time in Phoenix.
Richard

Link Posted: 2/22/2003 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Why pay to shoot when you can shoot for free out in the desert. The only reason I could be coerced into joining DS is to satisfy the CMP criteria so I could buy one of those cut-rate Garands.
Link Posted: 3/2/2003 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I gave up on Desert Sportsman and joined Boulder Rifle an Pistol club. They are CMP affiliated as well if you are looking for that. If thats all you need to join a club for you can join the Garand Collectors Assoc. That qualifies you for CMP sales as well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2003 2:11:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm with blisters!  The only range I've ever been to was Washoe county range on Pyramid hyway to watch some guys doing a .50 caliber  shoot and also to qualify for permit.  The hills are alive with the sound of music (gunfire).
Link Posted: 3/13/2003 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wide open desert, 15 miles north of Durango exit on US95 North. Just go past the Paiute cop shop a few miles, identify the little mesas on your right, pull off, locate abandoned vehicles and old appliances. Lock, load, shoot. Free. :p
View Quote

Made it out there last weekend.. Had a blast with the dad's M1A, but forgot ear protection... Only fired 3 rounds from the bushy (its got a mini y-comp) before I set it down for the day.. =( I did shoot about 60-80 rounds from the M1A, and it was no big deal.. Oh well, time to buy some ear protection and go out again... BTW: If that steel target (one with the three hinged targets) was yours, me or my M1A had NOTHING TO DO with the middle bar being broken off. LOL =P
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#16]
ALD Firearms Specialty
1380 Greg Street, 205 - 206
Sparks
Sold me a Kimber for a good price.  They have lots of police related stuff - small, but fun store.
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#17]
i will be flying in tomorrow
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 1:03:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Blisters,

I use the same range you do.  I also use another on the way to Searchlight.  Can't beat the price and no one complains about rapid fire.
Link Posted: 6/3/2004 10:55:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Where by Searchlight do you go?  

Off of Nipton road somewhere, or 95?
Link Posted: 6/7/2004 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#20]
New range is opening up on 06/12/04 between Fernley and Silver Springs. Go to www.mustangrange.com for details.

I'll give it a try when I got some time on my hand....

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Discount firearms has moved. THey are no longer on boulder highway. They said they were relocating somewhere off of industrial near the spearmint rhino strip club, but I haven't been able to find them.

Boulder city rifle and pistol club is where I go. The public courtesy range use to be free but INCREDIBLY dangerous. They've made alot of improvements including installing overhead cover and burms but it costs $5 per person now. Small price to pay for a nice, safe range with no drunk yahoos blasting away like maniacs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top