[Last Edit: 1GUNRUNNER]
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 4:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KBaker] [#1]
Tucson Rifle Club

Tucson Rifle Club, Inc.
HC 2 Box 7128
Tucson, AZ 85735-9729
520-822-5189

The Three Points Range is located about 25 miles West of downtown Tucson, Arizona on U.S. Route 86 (Ajo Way). The entrance to the range is on the north side of the roadway, about 2.5 miles West of Robles Junction (Three Points) just past Mile Post 148. Tucson Rifle Club is open to the public daily between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. The range is closed on the holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

1:  High Power Rifle Silhouette Range.  (Public)
This range is equipped with a covered firing line and concrete benches for shooting from rest. Maximum range is 500 meters. Silhouette targets and stands are positioned at: 200 meters (chickens/gallinas); 300 meters (pigs/javelinas); 385 meters (turkeys/guajolotes); 500 meters (rams/borregos).

Shooting at the FIXED gongs is allowed using ANY firearm.

Shooting at the FREE STANDING animal silhouettes has EXCEPTIONS:

NO Centerfire cartridge rifle with a BORE OF LESS THAN 6mm (cal .243).

NO BELTED MAGNUMS to be shot at the free standing silhouette animal targets.

NO armor piercing ammunition is to be shot at the free standing animal silhouettes.

NO animal silhouettes are to be moved to different target lines.

Wooden target frames may be placed at any safe distance.

2:  Public Sight-In Range.
This range is equipped with a covered firing line & concrete benches for shooting from rest. Range is 100 meters.  Wooden target frames may be placed only at the 100 meter/yard line.

3:  Blackpowder Range. (Public)
This range is equipped with a covered firing line with shooting benches and maximum range of 100 meters. It is to be used for blackpowder or blackpowder substitute (e.g. Pyrodex) firearms only. It may be used by smokeless powder firearms ONLY with the permission or the direction of the RANGEMASTER.  (Easy to get if you want to shoot at less than 100 yards and the 500m range is busy.)  Wooden target frames may be placed at any safe distance.

4:  Smallbore Rifle Silhouette Range.  (Members or match competitors only)
This is a covered firing line with concrete benches. This range is RESTRICTED TO RIMFIRE ONLY rifles and pistols. NO center-fire cartridge firearms are allowed. The range is equipped with manually re-settable target silhouettes on the west side of the range for practice. Numerous practice gongs are located at 40 meters, 60 meters, 77 meters and 100 meter target lines.

5:  DPS Range.  (Members or Law Enforcement training only)
This is a partially covered firing line. The maximum range is 100 yards.  Wooden target frames may be placed at any safe distance.

(Shows the 500m Rifle, 100m Public, 100m Blackpowder, Smallbore, and DPS ranges from left to right)

6:  Pistol Silhouette Range.  (Members or match competitors only)
This is a covered firing line with benches. This range is RESTRICTED TO PISTOLS ONLY (No long guns allowed). The range is for pistol silhouette. It is equipped with gongs and free standing steel animal silhouettes at 50 meters (chickens), 100 meters (pigs), 150 meters (turkeys) and 200 meters (rams). It also has Hunter/Field pistol swinging practice targets at 25, 50, 75 and 100 meters from the firing line. Wooden frame targets may be located at any safe distance from the firing line. As with the rifle ranges, the steel animal silhouette targets are NOT to be relocated from their designated distances from the firing line.  Wooden target frames may be placed at any safe distance.

7:  Multipurpose Action Ranges.  (Members or match competitors only)
This is a multi-use range, however ammunition use is restricted to shooting CAST BULLETS ONLY (mostly Cowboy Action) in the short range shooting bays. Due to the close range of the steel targets: copper jacketed, copper-washed, or lead bullets equipped with gas-checks are prohibited. Shotguns (with any shot shell) or rifles and pistols firing STRAIGHT CASED (cast bullet) ammunition are allowed. The long bay is used by the Action Shooters (3-gun, submachinegun, action pistol) using jacketed ammo.

8:  High Power Rifle Range.  (Members or match competitors only)
This range is designed for National Match Course matches. It is equipped with 15 firing points with firing lines that are spaced at 200, 300, 600 and 1000 yards (covered) from the target area.

Junior shooters are welcome, however, those shooters under 14 years of age are to be under the direct and close supervision of a responsible adult. The adult supervisor of a junior (or trainee) shooter must to be in close proximity (one step away) from the junior (or the unskilled adult) shooter when the new shooter is on the firing line or handling firearms. An adult must supervise all shooters under 18 years old, regardless of the supervised shooter's experience level.

Link Posted: 3/12/2003 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Spam,

I'm surprised no one has posted info about the AZ ranges.... Here goes:

Rio Salado Sportsmans Club is probably the closest outdoor range to Chandler.

Nearest indoor range would be Caswells in Mesa.

In the NW Valley would the Ben Avery Range, which is probably one of the the best publc ranges in the Southwest US.

In the West Valley would be Shooters World/Arizona Sportsman, which is a decent indoor range.

I think I've left a couple out. I'll update the list soon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2003 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
There's also Mandall Shooting Supplies in Scottsdale. They have a nice indoor range and are located next door to Oregano's in Old Town Scottsdale. They even rent full auto assault weapons for on premise shooting at the range.

Mandall Shooting
3616 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 945-2553

Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat  10am-6pm

Indoor shooting range :

Mandall Shooting Supplies has Scottsdale's only indoor 25-yard shooting range. There are 5 firing points, where targets can be set out at any distance ranging from 6 feet to 25 yards.
The range is rated for all types of weapons, from .22 up to heavy rifle calibers. Both eye and hearing protection will be provided if necessary. Targets are also supplied.

The range cost is $10 per hour, and an annual membership is available for $150, which gives you unlimited shooting during your year's membership.

Handgun Rentals :

A wide range of handguns can be rented for use on the range, at a cost of $15 per hour. Range ammunition is also available, at reasonable cost.

Machine Gun Rentals :

Mandall Shooting Supplies have the widest selection of machine guns for rent in the area. These include The Thompson .45 caliber 'Tommy Gun', the Israeli Uzi 9mm, the German MP5 Heckler & Koch 9mm, the Colt M16 .223 rifle, the WW2 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) in .30-06 and a variety of other fully automatic weapons.

The rental cost for machine guns is $35 per hour for pistol calibers, $50 per hour for rifle calibers. A fully trained staff member will be with you for safety reasons when you shoot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 3:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
www.arizonarifleshooting.com

South Mountain Range, AKA Phoenix Rod & Gun Club is at the terminus of 7th Ave at the mountain.  About 8 different ranges: 200/300/600 CMP rifle, steel silouettes, practical range, 10/25/50/100 yd public range, NRA pistol course range, rimfire, some skeet, some archery, indoor tactical, etc.

$60 per year gets you a gate combo and unlimited 7 day a week access.
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 9:28:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have access to the National Guard range about 3 miles North of Florence.
Ranges for rifle to 800 meters, No complaining about auto fire or explosives, no caliber restrictions, M-60 pits, pistol ranges, Sub gun range.
Targets include Decommissioned vehicles (tanks and deuce and a halfs).
If needed IM me, as it takes about a week to get approval/clearances for large groups.
Also have to coordinate with the N.G. schedule for their live fire days.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TWHaz] [#7]
Casa Grande Range, Take I10 to I8 west to exit 174/Trekkle road.

Go left/south on Trekkle, road will turn to gravel, continue about 2 miles or so to left turn toward mountians on left.

At skeet club go right past LEO range to public range on left.

Range has covered concrete benches and no range officer.

It is owned by CG park service.

Full auto OK. No Tannerite as of last I heard.

Bring your own target and stand, ground is hard to drive pins in.

0 to 500 yards 250 of that is cleared out to 500 is up the side of moutian.

Be careful on weekends of poor gun safety/alcohol impaired shooters, it is better to come out on a weekday.

Clean up after yourself please, as some shooters bring glass, trash and stuff for targets and leave a mess. We do not want to be in this group.

Boy scouts and city put new roof on a couple years ago, some nuts have been shooting holes in it. If you see this happening, get license # and call city parks to report it.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Surprised no one mentioned Desert Trails in Tucson. It's on Valencia, past the Pima Air and Space Museum. Seem to be pretty nice folks.

See y'all at the Pima Fairgrounds tomorrow.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Are there any ranges in or near Flagstaff?

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
i used to live up in flag, we went out to the cinder pits along the road to the east.  it's been years though, not sure what it's like now.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#11]

In the West Valley would be Shooters World/Arizona Sportsman, which is a decent indoor range.

Shooters World is no longer owned by or affiliated with Arizona Sportsman (will someone please tell AZ Sportsman this!!!).  it is owned and operated by Arizona Tactical, and is open to the public.  range fee is $12 per shooter per hour, but memberships are available ($189 1st year/$99 renewal....1/2 off for LE/Military/Fire) which give you free unlimited range time and discounts on guns and classes.
pistol and rifle rentals are available....

new website is www.azshootersworld.com

Link Posted: 5/22/2004 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
FLAGSTAFF:

The cinder pits just west of town north of I-40 on A-1 MTN road exit have been closed (for public safety, according to posted notices).

Cinder hills off of 89 are usually too populated with ATV'ers, but if you explore a bit (make the left turn instead of the right turn at the Y-intersection before reaching the main OHV area) you can find secluded spots.  Just make sure you don't cross over onto the Sunset crater land...

There are a couple cinder hills east of town, south of I-40, but they are extremely popular these days...  

South of town, take Kelly Canyon RD exit, westbound, continue approx. 1 mile to a nice cinder pit.

NOTE:  PLEASE pack out your trash (and some of the trash from disrespectful a-holes that were there before you), USFS officials want these areas closed because of washing machines, etc that keep ending up out there.  If we all do our part these areas will remain open!

Link Posted: 6/22/2004 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By TREETOP:

Originally Posted By Rabid_Coyote:

South Mountain Range, AKA Phoenix Rod & Gun Club is at the terminus of 7th Ave at the mountain.  About 8 different ranges: 200/300/600 CMP rifle, steel silouettes, practical range, 10/25/50/100 yd public range, NRA pistol course range, rimfire, some skeet, some archery, indoor tactical, etc.

www.phoenixrodandgun.org

I was there today for the first time to meet up with another member, and man was I impressed!
No full auto, no .50bmg, and I assume no tannerite, but the place is set up great and there's plenty of room to spread out and breathe. The cost for a year's membership($75/individual/yr, $85/family/year) is ridiculously low compared to what the range is set up for. I'm planning to join soon, and I'd encourage others to check it out too..

Sending my application tomorrow, was gonna join usery pass, but members only M-F and shooting til sunset swayed me.  Plus I've lived on both sides of town and if I move back to the west side I won't be out my club!
Link Posted: 6/22/2004 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Ranges for rifle to 800 meters, No complaining about auto fire or explosives, no caliber restrictions, M-60 pits, pistol ranges, Sub gun range.
If needed IM me, as it takes about a week to get approval/clearances for large groups.

You've GOT to set up a AR15.com shoot out there.

PleasePleasePlease!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By WizardOfAhs:
Are there any ranges in or near Flagstaff?

There's a cinder pit west of town, too... take the Bellemont (Camp Navajo) exit off of I-40 and drive west on the frontage road on the south side of the interstate. It will lead you to a cinder pit that doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic (aside from the trains running alongside).
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:39:04 AM EDT
[#16]
i do not know all the details but there is a NEW range near Tucson, it is operated by Pima County & is near the Fair Grounds, it is open Thu. - Sun.  $6 a day ! no info on memberships yet.

as i said it is all new, i will get the details this week & post them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:17:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azski] [#17]

Originally Posted By KBaker:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

You've GOT to set up a AR15.com shoot out there.

PleasePleasePlease!!!

Ditto!!!

azski
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:30:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gusiris] [#18]
Just wanted to let you know that Rio Salado is open 7:30 AM to 5PM 7 days a week, closed only 5 days/year.  Members as well as non members are invited to shoot on the public range, members ($75.00/yr plus 1 time $25 initiation fee) are invited to shoot 7AM to 6PM, and after qualifying on the individual ranges are able to shoot the practical bays, High Power/long range, or small bore.

http://www.riosaladosportsmans.com/

Gus
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CeramicGod] [#19]
Sorry, off topic.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#20]
In Scottsdale:
www.scottsdalegunclub.com

Don't expect any decent prices there, but they have a decent indoor range (if there is such a thing).
Link Posted: 11/20/2004 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I visited the Pima County range located at the Pima County Fairgrounds.  This is a really good facility.  There were only 5 other people at the range today.  It's a hidden jewel.  I'd highly recommend this facility.
Link Posted: 11/21/2004 12:33:09 PM EDT
[#22]
www.douglasgunclub.org
Link Posted: 11/28/2004 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By jpcullen70:
I visited the Pima County range located at the Pima County Fairgrounds.  This is a really good facility.  There were only 5 other people at the range today.  It's a hidden jewel.  I'd highly recommend this facility.

+1
This range is beautiful
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#24]
ALBUQUERQUE!!

Calibers Indoor Shooting Range - Paseo del Norte and I-25.  Albuquerque's only public Indoor Shooting range - Handguns and long guns in .223 caliber only.  25 yard range with 18 lanes.  Firearms for sale or rent (for on-premises use).

505-797-9715
Link Posted: 12/26/2004 2:22:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Carbine10] [#25]

Ranges Suck!!

Get a Arizona map and look for BLM land or National Forrest land.

The desert is way more fun to shoot in. Full-auto, .50bmg, and Tannerite friendly. And I always like to take my grill for a cook out. Then when done shooting. Nothing like a good cigar and a few cold beers and some BS'ing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Carbine10:
Ranges Suck!!  The desert is way more fun to shoot in.

+1

I used to go to Ben Avery until I discovered the joys of shooting in the desert.  Sun Valley Parkway west of the White Tanks is peppered thick with good shooting spots.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Hey, I've shot there twice, two years ago and 4 years ago.
The General Tosa Machine Gun range
We shot M16's , 60's 249's and loads of tother stuff too
You forgot to mention the FATS facility.
I can't forget the artillery shell dent in the leg of the control tower

Mark
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Ranges = A place to improve your groups.

Desert = A place to have fun with your gun.
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By marcoh:

Originally Posted By Carbine10:
Ranges Suck!!  The desert is way more fun to shoot in.

+1

I used to go to Ben Avery until I discovered the joys of shooting in the desert.  Sun Valley Parkway west of the White Tanks is peppered thick with good shooting spots.

sorry to say bro but sun valley parkway will be off limits very soon. big developments are just about to break ground.
                          later jay
Link Posted: 2/17/2005 6:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcoh] [#30]

Originally Posted By trikerjay:

Originally Posted By marcoh:

sorry to say bro but sun valley parkway will be off limits very soon. big developments are just about to break ground.
                          later jay

Now that you mention it, the last time I was at my favorite shooting spot, a fellow came by and told me his business partners and he would be fencing off their property and knocking down the hills that quad and dirt bike riders use in the near future.  We talked for a bit, and seemed like a pleasant, reasonable fellow.  It turned out that I wasn't on their property, but after the fencing goes up, I'll need to find a new route.

I also know that Del Webb Festival Ranch is going in east of where I shoot, so for the time being I'm not worried about them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#31]
RE: Sun Valley Pkwy

Anyone have GPS coordinates of their favorite shooting spot near the Sun Valley Pkwy? Are there any specific places I SHOULDN'T go?

Thx
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Good range for sighting in near Pima County Fair Grounds:
http://www.tucsonshooting.com/SERP/
Link Posted: 7/10/2005 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#33]
What's your favorite town in AZ to live?

I'll be relocating in a couple years, and I need to start doing homework.  I'd like to be able to get a lot of land, and be able to shoot on it out to 300 yards or so.

Looking for a climate with no snow, good schools (catholic?), low crime rate, and a restaurant or two in striking distance.  We like mexican food, rifles, and a swimmin' pool.

Any advice appreciated.  PM or email me to avoid co-opting the thread.

Thanks Men,

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is a list of "FORMAL" shooting opportunities in the Tucson arrea.  I don't know how well the formatting will translate to this page.  This list was created for another project but seems to fit here as well.

Tucson Basin, Shooting Opportunities List

1- Desert Trails Gun Club: OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
7777 East Valencia Road, Tucson, AZ 85747.
14 miles SE of the center of town, 21 minutes drive.
Phone: (520) 663-0119
Facility includes: Outdoor Pistol (25-yards) 18 shooting positions
Outdoor Rifle (50-100 yards) 13 shooting benches
Law Enforcement Range 12 shooting positions
Muzzle Loaders
Airgun
Retail Gun Store
Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Fees: Daily rate = $ 8
Annual membership = $ 95
Range Access: Public
Handicap Access: Yes
Email: [email protected]

2- Jensen’s Arizona Sportsman: INDOOR PISTOL RANGE
1280 W. Prince Rd. Tucson, AZ 85705
5 miles NNW of the center of town, 11 minutes drive.
Phone: (520) 293-8516
Facility includes: Shooting booths, 25-yard max. 10 shooting booths
Practice Area
Instruction Available
Rentals
Women's Programs
Restrictions: Calibers limited to pistol ammunition only, up to but not including .454 Casull.
Hours: Saturday – Sunday 9 AM – 6 PM
Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 9 PM
Friday 10 AM – 6 PM
Fees: Daily rate = $ 7
Annual membership = $125

3- Marksman Pistol Institute: INDOOR PISTOL RANGE
5051 East 29th St. Tucson, AZ 85711-6442
6.3 miles ESE of the center of town, 13 minutes drive.
Phone: (520) 747-8657
Facility includes: Shooting booths, 25-yard max. 12 shooting booths
Practice Area
Instruction Available
Rentals
Restrictions: Calibers limited to pistol ammunition only, up to and including .45 ACP/45 Colt.
Hours: Saturday – Sunday 9 AM – 6 PM
Monday – Thursday 11AM – 7 PM
Friday 9 AM – 7 PM
Fees: Daily rate = $ 8, $ 6 Military/Law Enforcement
Annual membership $145 $ 95 Military/Law Enforcement

4- Pima County: SouthEast Regional Park: OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
11296 South Harrison Road, Tucson AZ 85747
18.4 mines SE of the center of town, 27 minutes drive.
Phone: (520) 877-6128
Fax: (520) 877-6006
Facility includes: Airgun
Center-Fire Rifle, 200yd 12 shooting benches
Handgun, 50 yards. 18 shooting benches
Muzzle Loaders
Handgun/Smallbore Rifle
Instruction available
Concealed Carry Classes
Youth Program
Hours: Thursday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday 7 AM – 6 PM
Daily rate = $6

5- Pima County West: Tucson Mountain Park: OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
Physical address: Kinney Road, 2.6 miles south of Gates Pass, 2.4 miles north of Ajo Way
11.4 miles W of the center of town, 30 minutes drive.
Mailing address: 1204 W. Silverlake Rd. Tucson, AZ 85713
Phone: (520) 883-5646
Fax: (520) 798-3581
Facility includes: Outdoor Pistol (25-50 yards) 10 shooting benches
Outdoor Rifle (50-100 yards) (share the same shooting benches)
Muzzle Loaders
Shotgun (slugs only, no birdshot)
Archery, 3 walking courses
Airgun
Winter hours: Thursday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Winter hours start Oct 1st)
Friday 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday-Sunday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Summer hours: Friday 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Summer hours start May 1st)
Saturday-Sunday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Daily rate = $4

6- Pima Pistol Club: OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
Physical address: 13990 N. Lago Del Oro Pkwy, Tucson, AZ 85739-9607
22.9 miles N of the center of town, 43 minutes drive.
Mailing address: PO Box 8704 crb.  Tucson, Arizona 85738
Phone: (520) 825-3603
Facility includes: Public range: 100-yards, 18 shooting benches
      Member ranges: (2) 50-yard rifle/pistol ranges

and
Action Pistol (1) 190-yard rifle range w/ 4 shooting benches
Youth Programs or
Muzzle Loaders (1) 40-yard pistol range, and
CCW Classes (4) 15-yard pistol ranges
Restrictions: No limitations on calibers or style of firearms.
Hours: Thursday – Tuesday 7 AM till dusk
Wednesday 7 AM till dusk (members only on Wednesday)
Fees: Daily rate = $8
Annual membership = $100, NRA members $120, non-members

7- Tucson Rifle Club: OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
Physical address: Ajo Way, 2.4 miles west of 3-Points at mile marker 148.
27 miles WSW of the center of town, 47 minutes drive.
Mailing address: HC 2 Box 7128, Tucson AZ 85735-9801
Phone: (520) 822-5189
Facility includes: Bench Rest Competition
Public Range 10 shooting benches
Centerfire Rifle, 1,000-yard 10 shooting benches
Muzzle Loading Range 14 shooting benches (room for 17)
Cowboy, Practical/Action Pistol 5 shooting bays
Handgun Silhouette 40 shooting positions
Rifle Silhouette 16 standing positions, 11 shooting benches
Smallbore Silhouette 24 standing positions, 8 shooting benches
NRA High Power Rifle Matches 15 shooting positions
Dept. of Public Safety Range 39 positions, 6’ on-center, <40 yards & 3 benches
Women's Programs
Youth Program, 3rd Saturday, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Clubhouse
Instruction Available (outside vendors)
RV hookups available
Picnic Area
Restrictions: .50 BMG shooters must be approved
Hours: Monday – Sunday 7 AM – 6 PM
Closed Christmas & Thanksgiving
Fees: Daily rate = $5
Annual membership = $35

8- Tucson Trap and Skeet: OUTDOOR SHOTGUN RANGE
7800 W Old Ajo Hwy, Tucson AZ 85735-9479
12.8 miles SW of the center of town, 25 minutes drive.
Phone: (520) 883-6426
Fax: (520) 883-7948
Facility includes: ATA, ASTA, ASSA, NSSA & NSCA
5-Stand, 2-Fields
Skeet Competition
Skeet Shooting 14-Fields
Trap Competition     OR
Trap Shooting 25-Fields (or a combination of both)
Sporting Clays 10-stations
Clubhouse
Cafeteria open during tournaments & practice hours
Instruction available (outside vendors)
Ammunition & gun rentals available
RV Hook-ups available
Game & Fish ‘Hunter Education’ Class held each June
Youth Program
Winter hours: Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Summer hours: Saturday & Sunday 7:30 AM – Noon
Wednesday 7:30 AM – Noon, & 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Fees: Trap & Skeet =   $4.50 members,   $6.50 non-members / (25 clay targets)
5-Stand Clays = $6.00 members,   $8.00 non-members / (25 clay targets)
Sporting Clays = $30 members, $35.00 non-members / (100 clay targets)
Annual membership = $50
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Rabid_Coyote:

I'm definitely joining.  Just moved to Maricopa 5 months ago.  Was a rifle club member back home with an indoor range and have been looking for another club.

Also found some BLM land west of Maricopa to shoot at.  Took the AR out there on Sat.  From Maricopa go west on 238 ten miles to 83rd. Then head south 4 miles to a nice little saddle in the desert between two hills.  Looks like nobody picks up their brass or targets, though.  I shot my rounds, picked them up then filled my garbage bag with others' shells.  Next time I go out there I'll bring two garbage bags and try to tidy up.  Maybe I'll put up a crude sign letting them know to haul out ther friggin' trash!
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Meetings To Discuss New Range Locations In Northern Arizona!

The Arizona Department of Game and Fish is hosting three area meetings to discuss locations for a new shooting range in Northern Arizona.  Your presence is needed to help show support for a new local shooting range!

When:  Saturday, April 15

Time:  10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Where:  Northern Arizona University du Bois Center

Address:  306 E. Pine Knoll Drive, Flagstaff, 86011

Coffee, Sodas, Cookies, and Pastries will be served.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:  Tuesday, April 25

Time:   6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Where:  Pinewood Country Club

Address:  395 E Pinewood Boulevard, Munds Park, 86017

Coffee, Sodas, and Sandwiches will be served.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:   Thursday, April 27

Time:   6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Where:  Don Hoel’s Cabin Motel

Address:  9440 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, 86336

Coffee, Sodas, and Sandwiches will be served.

Please mark your calendar for these dates!

Spread the word to your family, friends, and co-workers!  Come out and help support the future of Arizona’s hunting heritage and shooting sports!

For more information contact: Mark Meyer at (480) 967-1343 or via email at [email protected].

Website
www.nazrsf.com/

Post Card
www.nazrsf.com/images/pdfs/Postcard_April2005.pdf
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#37]
just a note - mandall's on scottsdale road is closed down with a big "For Rent" sign in the window.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2006 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#38]
I haven't seen it posted so Desert Trails in Tucson in closed. It will become a concrete plant. If anyone knows a good spot in Tucson to shoot without lots of restrictions, especially on the east side please let me know(PM or email). I'm an SOT and could use a place to shoot NFA without anyone getting their panties in a bind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2006 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By az_larry:
I haven't seen it posted so Desert Trails in Tucson in closed. It will become a concrete plant. If anyone knows a good spot in Tucson to shoot without lots of restrictions, especially on the east side please let me know(PM or email). I'm an SOT and could use a place to shoot NFA without anyone getting their panties in a bind.

So that's what is happening there. Bummer, I used to hit it on the way home from work.  Sigh.

Geoff
Link Posted: 8/4/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#40]
I finally made it out to the Tucson South East Regional Park Shooting Range.  It is $6 per person to shoot all day, 16 and over. 15 and younger shoot free with adult.

You take Houghton South from I-10 and make the first right on E. Brekke Rd.  Follow it to the end and make another right.  In just a few hundred feet, the range is on the left at 11296 S. Harrison Road. It is plainly marked.

It is open from 7-4 Thursday through Sunday March 1 to Nov 30.  Dec 1 to Mar 28 winter hours 8-5 Thursday through Sunday.  Closed all legal holidays, I am assuming all the ones county employees get, not the ones normal people get.

This is a very nice, clean range.  They provide target frames and have targets for sale for very cheap.  They also have sandbags and rests.  Ranges from 10 yards incrementing to 50 and then there is a 200 Yard section with target points at 100, 150, and 200.  There are many shooting benches.   Berms and awning/cover are very nicely constructed.  

Range personnel set up rules and line conditions to match the protocol at Ben Avery.  15 minutes of timed shooting with 1 minute warning, and then cease fire.  The rules are strict, but if you are safe and attentive, it is what it should be, a very, very safe place to shoot.  Nice folks working there too, mostly volunteers.

I posted this because it answers several questions I had before I finally made it out there.

They also rent spotting scopes, chronographs, Benchmaster rifle rests.  Eyes and ears are available for minimal fee, if you don't have your own.  Bottled water is $0.50 and there is a drinking fountain too.  Parking is paved.

Cased firearms are the safest to bring to the line, and be sure of your muzzle direction prior to uncasing.  They are very attentive to this, polite, but attentive.  They want to maintain a perfect safety record and keep the place in business.  

They have recently broken ground for a dedicated CCW/Shooting class range.  Original planning was for a trap/skeet range addition.  They have the land for this, but haven't purchased hardware (several years late).  This would be one very busy place if it had these facilities.
Link Posted: 9/23/2006 2:06:17 AM EDT
[#41]
A good list of ranges here:

AZ ranges
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By az_larry:

Guess i shoulda read this before i went looking for it today..

I swear i drove around for 20 minutes looking for that damn place..

Haha..
Link Posted: 10/21/2006 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#43]
someone posted

did they mean my website?

http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

I keep info, including links to club websites, for competition shooting on that website.

shoot good

Poole
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#44]
height=8
Originally Posted By KBaker:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>You've GOT to set up a AR15.com shoot out there.

PleasePleasePlease!!!

i go out to florence alot like weekly to shoot..not at the guard range but near there along the gila river to the east of florence..mom lives in valley farms..if yall know where that is..i would be interested in that too
Link Posted: 11/19/2006 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By bob332:
just a note - mandall's on scottsdale road is closed down with a big "For Rent" sign in the window.  

Wish I'd read the thread fully through before discovering that for myself this afternoon...
Link Posted: 11/26/2006 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm with you. It's way more relaxing to go out to the desert to shoot. I always clean up my mess so you can't tell anyone has been shooting there. So I don't have to worry about someone else shooting there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By thehamr:
There's also Mandall Shooting Supplies in Scottsdale. They have a nice indoor range and are located next door to Oregano's in Old Town Scottsdale. They even rent full auto assault weapons for on premise shooting at the range.

Mandall Shooting
3616 N Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480) 945-2553

Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat  10am-6pm

Indoor shooting range :

Mandall Shooting Supplies has Scottsdale's only indoor 25-yard shooting range. There are 5 firing points, where targets can be set out at any distance ranging from 6 feet to 25 yards.
The range is rated for all types of weapons, from .22 up to heavy rifle calibers. Both eye and hearing protection will be provided if necessary. Targets are also supplied.

The range cost is $10 per hour, and an annual membership is available for $150, which gives you unlimited shooting during your year's membership.

Handgun Rentals :

A wide range of handguns can be rented for use on the range, at a cost of $15 per hour. Range ammunition is also available, at reasonable cost.

Machine Gun Rentals :

Mandall Shooting Supplies have the widest selection of machine guns for rent in the area. These include The Thompson .45 caliber 'Tommy Gun', the Israeli Uzi 9mm, the German MP5 Heckler & Koch 9mm, the Colt M16 .223 rifle, the WW2 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) in .30-06 and a variety of other fully automatic weapons.

The rental cost for machine guns is $35 per hour for pistol calibers, $50 per hour for rifle calibers. A fully trained staff member will be with you for safety reasons when you shoot.

I believe he retired and closed down right after I moved to Phx in 2003
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By wildearp:
I finally made it out to the Tucson South East Regional Park Shooting Range.  It is $6 per person to shoot all day, 16 and over. 15 and younger shoot free with adult.

You take Houghton South from I-10 and make the first right on E. Brekke Rd.  Follow it to the end and make another right.  In just a few hundred feet, the range is on the left at 11296 S. Harrison Road. It is plainly marked.

It is open from 7-4 Thursday through Sunday March 1 to Nov 30.  Dec 1 to Mar 28 winter hours 8-5 Thursday through Sunday.  Closed all legal holidays, I am assuming all the ones county employees get, not the ones normal people get.

This is a very nice, clean range.  They provide target frames and have targets for sale for very cheap.  They also have sandbags and rests.  Ranges from 10 yards incrementing to 50 and then there is a 200 Yard section with target points at 100, 150, and 200.  There are many shooting benches.   Berms and awning/cover are very nicely constructed.  

Range personnel set up rules and line conditions to match the protocol at Ben Avery.  15 minutes of timed shooting with 1 minute warning, and then cease fire.  The rules are strict, but if you are safe and attentive, it is what it should be, a very, very safe place to shoot.  Nice folks working there too, mostly volunteers.

I posted this because it answers several questions I had before I finally made it out there.

They also rent spotting scopes, chronographs, Benchmaster rifle rests.  Eyes and ears are available for minimal fee, if you don't have your own.  Bottled water is $0.50 and there is a drinking fountain too.  Parking is paved.

Cased firearms are the safest to bring to the line, and be sure of your muzzle direction prior to uncasing.  They are very attentive to this, polite, but attentive.  They want to maintain a perfect safety record and keep the place in business.  

They have recently broken ground for a dedicated CCW/Shooting class range.  Original planning was for a trap/skeet range addition.  They have the land for this, but haven't purchased hardware (several years late).  This would be one very busy place if it had these facilities.

I just bought a house about six minutes away from this range, and was wondering if anyone had visited it.  

I lived in Douglas for two years and wish I could find a range like that up here near Tucson (private memberships, open to public, private member base can use it anytime, holidays, whenever).  Then again in a really small town like that there were only a handful of us there at any given time, most of the time I was the only shooter on the line.  Oh well.  God I hate big cities.

So are there any areas off of Houghton/Wentworth/Hwy 83 near Davidson Canyon/Marsh Station Rd, etc, that offer enough land to shoot 500+ meters in the open desert?
Link Posted: 2/5/2007 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I am a big fan of the Southeast Regional Range. THey are the best range I have ever been to. Great people, low prices, safe, rent out cool stuff. I am a regular: once a week for the past two years or so.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Scottsdale Gun Club is a great indoor range.

Scottsdale Gun Club
14860 N. Northsight Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com

They also rent class III weapons just for fun.

Cheers!

Zagula
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Tacked Ranges (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top