Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 11:33:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Major Coolness!

So, whats the minimum range?  Do you increase or decrase incline for longer range?  

Cant wait for the 15th!

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Alriiiight!!!!!
Looks like a toy the whole family can enjoy!!
(and neighbors, too!!)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Minimum range is roughly 30 meters.  There's no possible way to hit the back stop at Sloan with these particular practice rounds and commercial ignition cartridges.  The ignition cartridges are underpowered so the rounds will stay on our side of the Sloan back stop.

With the M2 60 mm mortar, minimum range is at maximum elevation (85 degrees).  Maximum range is at 45 degrees.  

I hope to make it out there on the 15th at Sloan.  Mrs. Different is working now so I'll have to see what her schedule is that week.  At any rate, it is very satisfying to see this project bear fruit.  Another dream has come true.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#4]
How long will those practice rounds last, nose diving into rocks and all?  Or is it easy to get more dummies?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunbert, the practice rounds look like they will last and last.  The only maintenance I see for them is painting them after the paint wears off from impact dozens of times.  I know of two suppliers for the 60 mm practice rounds.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]

You fellas ought to be able to find a BUNCH of the 60mm solid slug practice rounds out in Fort Irwin's DRMO office, as they are sold for scrap all the time....  Still usable, just Army policy is to shoot them only a few times.  Fins maybe a little nicked up, but still usable for shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top