Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 3:37:08 AM EDT
If you still want to have a place to shoot your guns in the future, it would be helpful to contact your senators today and ask for their support on SB907.  I'm happpy to say that my Senator, John Astle, is one of the co-sponsors so it was good to finally be able to write him thanking him for doing something good for us.

Your Senator can be found here

MARYLAND
Yesterday, March 22, the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee approved Senate Bill 907, the NRA-backed range protection bill that protects Maryland's legacy ranges from frivolous noise lawsuits aimed at shutting them down.  This bill preserves Maryland's rich shooting sport heritage from anti-gun and anti-sportsman zealots who want to put your gun clubs out of business.  SB 907, sponsored by Senator John Astle (D-30) and Senator E.J. Pipkin (R-36), now goes to the full Senate for consideration. PLEASE call your State Senator today and respectfully urge him or her to support SB 907 when it comes before them.  The Senate will consider SB 907 Friday, March 24, and Monday, March 27, so it is critical that you call your State Senator today.  The general phone number for the Maryland General Assembly is (410) 841-3000.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
This is probably a stupid question, but I want to start helping with this kind of stuff.

How do you know what district your in? I live in AA county
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This is probably a stupid question, but I want to start helping with this kind of stuff.

Try this link.

mdelect.net/electedofficials/
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Frank,

The General Assembly web page also has a way of determining what district you're in, in addition to the link provided above.

Where are you in AA County?  I can probably tell you.

edited to add:  I just realized that WAS the link to the GA find your legislator!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]
YOUR PHONE CALLS ARE NEEDED FRIDAY

Call these Delegates and let them know that you want them to vote YES to SB-907.

SB-907 will enhance the protection of Maryland’s Legacy Sport Shooting Ranges from nuisance lawsuits.

House Environmental Committee

Chairwomen: Maggie McIntosh 410-841-3990 - District 43 Baltimore City

Vice-Chair: James E. Malone Jr. 410-841-3378 District 12A Baltimore & Howard Counties

Committee member Rudolph Cane  410-841-3427 District 37A Dorchester & Wicomico Counties

Make sure you call, and make sure your friends and family call. We need everybody working on this one. The future of all of our Ranges in Maryland will depend on it.

Please Call and Forward this message ASAP!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top