Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/28/2010 12:09:14 PM EDT
It is amazing that this is controversial: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=7DnM4t0XUS2

I totally agree with Dr. Paul.

Link Posted: 5/28/2010 3:04:28 PM EDT
Hmmm...
He's not saying anything about this issue that Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, Mike Gallager, Bill Bennett, et al. haven't said already.
Dr. Paul's in good company.

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 5:24:07 PM EDT
The libtard establishment HATES the fact that he is even in the running.... and that gives me warm and fuzzies.

If you're not a KY voter, FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPINION.  

Personally, I believe Dr. Paul would represent my Commonwealth and my own value system quite well.  I voted for him in the primary and will again in the general election.  The haters can all FOAD.
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 6:27:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fr4th0:

The libtard establishment HATES the fact that he is even in the running.... and that gives me warm and fuzzies.

Personally, I believe Dr. Paul would represent my Commonwealth and my own value system quite well. I voted for him in the primary and will again in the general election. The haters can all FOAD.

LOL, unless you have money to give to Paul, then it's perfectly fine.

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 6:34:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cavalry99:

Personally, I believe Dr. Paul would represent my Commonwealth and my own value system quite well. I voted for him in the primary and will again in the general election. The haters can all FOAD.

ok, primary's over Cav, you can vote for conservative or liberal....
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 6:51:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PreachermanMATT:

I fixed it.........................moron or jackass

Link Posted: 5/29/2010 8:18:03 PM EDT
Rand paul still has my vote!
Link Posted: 5/29/2010 9:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2010 7:38:02 AM EDT by Stump]
**edited**

Keep it civil here guys!   Name calling is NOT a valid way to debate

- Stump

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:00:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2010 7:38:52 AM EDT by Stump]
Ok, I guess I'll do it...

Originally Posted By smalljaw:

***edited***

Are you calling Cavalry99 a loser? I'll say it again in this thread. I plan of voting for Rand Paul in the fall. There seems to be a bit of a feud between the northern KY arfcom guys and the rest of the KY arfcommers, especially when it comes to the issue of politics, and Rand Paul specifically.

If you had a chance to meet Cavalry in person and talk to him about his beliefs and why he believes them, I don't think you would think he's a loser. He is not a liberal by any stretch. He pays a lot of attention to politics, more than me, and especially to politics' inner workings. Does that make him a bit jaded on the subject? I think so. He'll tell you the same.

The reason why I think he comes into these threads and posts his dissension so frequently is the same reason why I don't come into these threads and post about how much I may actually like Rand Paul. That's because the KY arfcom hometown forum members seem to be so bought into Paul that many of them come across as Koolaid-drinking, blindly-following, Rand Paul zombies. I'm sorry, but frankly it reminds me of the way many people were blindly following candidate Obama during his election. The right may have been skeptical, but the left was so bought in they couldn't see his possible faults. Are the KY arfcommers too bought into Rand Paul that they may not be able to see his possible faults?

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 5:15:56 AM EDT
Must............keep................my..............fucking..........mouth.........shut............

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 6:00:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sonrider657:
It is amazing that this is controversial: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=7DnM4t0XUS2

Originally Posted By Cottonbaler:
Hmmm...

He's not saying anything about this issue that Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewitt, Laura Ingraham, Mike Gallager, Bill Bennett, et al. haven't said already.

Dr. Paul's in good company.    

Do you really not understand the difference here? 8 of those people are little more then entertainers who make their money exploiting controversy. The more out spoken and outlandish they are, the more viewers\listeners they get which translates to more money for them. In contrast, the other person here is running for public office and has become the national poster boy for the tea party movement and because of that he's the liberal media's #1 target right now

Whether or not some of you guys want to realize it or not, Rand Pauls senate run has many implications outside of KY's boarders

Originally Posted By Hero:
If you had a chance to meet Cavalry in person and talk to him about his beliefs and why he believes them, I don't think you would think he's a loser. He is not a liberal by any stretch. He pays a lot of attention to politics, more than me, and especially to politics' inner workings. Does that make him a bit jaded on the subject? I think so. He'll tell you the same.

That is true. I don't always agree with Cav either but I know he knows a lot more about this stuff then me or anybody on this forum

The reason why I think he comes into these threads and posts his dissension so frequently is the same reason why I don't come into these threads and post about how much I may actually like Rand Paul. That's because the KY arfcom hometown forum members seem to be so bought into Paul that many of them come across as Koolaid-drinking, blindly-following, Rand Paul zombies. I'm sorry, but frankly it reminds me of the way many people were blindly following candidate Obama during his election. The right may have been skeptical, but the left was so bought in they couldn't see his possible faults. Are the KY arfcommers too bought into Rand Paul that they may not be able to see his possible faults?

I have to +1 this. Some of you guys come accross as brainwashed zombies just willing to support any stupid thing he says.

Personally I think for the good of the KY forum, I think these political posts should be put in the political forum where they belong
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 6:04:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheWenisPrinkle:

Must............keep................my..............fucking..........mouth.........shut............

Don't keep your mouth shut, speak your mind.  Just do it politely without calling people losers......
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:30:27 AM EDT

Don't keep your mouth shut, speak your mind.  Just do it politely without calling people losers......

I think that making statements like this serve to separate supporters...If you really want to win the seat and not just have a public forum  to spout off your rather radical view point then you need to think before you talk. I personally think that statements like this will cost him and the Republicans the election. To be elected you will need the middle and talk like this will cost you those votes. Im not saying that he doesn't have the right to think or believe this statement. I am saying that I think it is a dumb ass move to say it to a reporter while you are trying to get elected. What Im wondering is are you trying to get in office or is this just a way to your get your talking points in front of everyone?  

He is saying that companies have the right to discriminate against American citizens at will and this is settled law as far as most of the country sees it. If he honestly supports this than he believes that a doctor has the right to refuse treatment based on race or class.  I cant believe that he is advocating that companies have the right to not serve blacks, whites, hispanics, etc...  I think he is being a little naive if he thinks that companies will do the right thing,  history doesn't bear that out. These laws where put in place to stop the very practices that he is saying should be lawful. Oh and saying that you personally wouldn't support businesses that would have racist policies doesn't relieve the black eye that you received when you said they should have the right to do it.

There and no loser talk.. Try and keep the return flaming civil thanks....
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:40:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:54:19 AM EDT

Don't keep your mouth shut, speak your mind. Just do it politely without calling people losers......

I think that making statements like this serve to separate supporters...If you really want to win the seat and not just have a public forum to spout off your rather radical view point then you need to think before you talk. I personally think that statements like this will cost him and the Republicans the election. To be elected you will need the middle and talk like this will cost you those votes. Im not saying that he doesn't have the right to think or believe this statement. I am saying that I think it is a dumb ass move to say it to a reporter while you are trying to get elected. What Im wondering is are you trying to get in office or is this just a way to your get your talking points in front of everyone?

He is saying that companies have the right to discriminate against American citizens at will and this is settled law as far as most of the country sees it. If he honestly supports this than he believes that a doctor has the right to refuse treatment based on race or class. I cant believe that he is advocating that companies have the right to not serve blacks, whites, hispanics, etc... I think he is being a little naive if he thinks that companies will do the right thing, history doesn't bear that out. These laws where put in place to stop the very practices that he is saying should be lawful. Oh and saying that you personally wouldn't support businesses that would have racist policies doesn't relieve the black eye that you received when you said they should have the right to do it.

There and no loser talk.. Try and keep the return flaming civil thanks....

I think you summed it up quite nicely.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:02:47 AM EDT
Cavalry99, I generally find that if you are not part of the hive and your opinion isnt the party line then you are shouted down and/or attacked....I am trying to stay out of these talks but as a loud mouth I find it really hard....
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 8:14:14 AM EDT

Good posts WenisPrinkle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 9:00:41 AM EDT

I wouldnt say Im blindly behind him, everything anyone has made a big "to-do" about him saying has really been a non-issue to me. Honestly I have never even thought about natural born citizenship for illegals. I believe what Paul is saying is that if the parents are not here legally... IE they just jumped a fence and did not get a visa or whatever, then should they have a child here while still being illegals that the child shall not instantly be considered a citizen. Doesnt seem all that unreasonable I suppose. Not really a hot topic for me though.

Why I support Rand Paul is first he supports the Constitution and not some liberals misinterpratation of it. His platform is over and over again about FORCING government to be fiscally responsible. I believe the debt situation is so bad in this country that DRASTIC cuts must be made, Im talking severe scaling back and/or complete elimination of entire offices within the federal government. Paul has made comments that seem to be somewhat in agreement with me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:03:56 PM EDT
Mark Levin defending Dr. Rand Paul from the second half hour of his show Friday 5-28-10

starts about 34:00 in. Worth the listen:

http://vaca.bayradio.com/ksfo_archives/ksfo_player.php?day=5&hour=16

I appreciate Cavalry99, airgunner and others who offer their opinions about Dr. Paul. a vigorous discussion, when conducted civilly, can only enhance the quality of this board. Yet in the end it all boils down to the central question: On Tuesday Nov. 2nd-barring any other third party candidates entering the race-we all have three choices to make:

1. Vote for Dr. Rand Paul

2. Vote for Jack Conway

3. Not casting a vote

In deference to the board, I've refrained from the every-other-day Dr. Paul threads I was posting and I've tried to limit my comments. I do enjoy reading other's opinions though and I hope the conversation remains lively but polite so Stump doesn't have to bring the BAN HAMMER down on us.

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 4:38:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cottonbaler:
I appreciate Cavalry99, airgunner and others who offer their opinions about Dr. Paul. a vigorous discussion, when conducted civilly, can only enhance the quality of this board. Yet in the end it all boils down to the central question: On Tuesday Nov. 2nd-barring any other third party candidates entering the race-we all have three choices to make:

1. Vote for Dr. Rand Paul
2. Vote for Jack Conway
3. Not casting a vote

In deference to the board, I've refrained from the every-other-day Dr. Paul threads I was posting and I've tried to limit my comments. I do enjoy reading other's opinions though and I hope the conversation remains lively but polite so Stump doesn't have to bring the BAN HAMMER down on us.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2010 7:00:17 PM EDT
I drank the Kool-Aid, Im in total support of Rand Paul. I dont agree with every little tiny thing he says, but hey that's life and unless I clone myself I would agree with every little thing anyone else said.

I will not vote for anyone who is in support of Obama, or his group of walking zombies. Establishment republicans need to prove them self to me.

I group Trey Grayson in with Obama and the establishment republicans,  I have seen nothing good from him at all.

It really doesnt matter whats said here as we all get a say come election time, I look at these threads really just to see what minor issue you guys are fighting over today and to get cottons updates about the race.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:35:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2010 5:08:45 AM EDT by ackspac]
Its either Paul or Conway. I have met both and I sure as fuck dont want Conway in charge of anything. Sure Paul is an in-experienced candidate, but Im sure his father will give him better guideance to do things better then Conway could ever do. Conway is pro-free-healthcare, pro-gay, pro-illegal imigration, pro-Hussein Obama and anti-gun. Conway will say he backs the 2nd Amendment, but there is a bunch of shit he wont say publicly that he doesnt back for the 2nd Amendment either.  If he had it his way we would only have bolt action .22's. So if Paul can keep his mouth shut in front of the Libtard media, he should win easily in November. So for the Paul bashers, have at it all you want. Im still voting for him over Congay!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 4:49:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sonrider657:

Thats a shocker.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 5:45:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ackspac:
Conway is pro-free-healthcare, pro-gay, pro-illegal imigration, pro-Hussein Obama and anti-gun.

Hey, lay off the gay bashing. If my boyfriend was to read that it would really piss him off!!!

Originally Posted By ackspac:
So if Paul can keep his mouth shut in front of the Libtard media, he should win easily in November. So for the Paul bashers, have at it all you want. Im still voting for him over Congay!!!!!!!

The part in red is what us so called Paul bashers (assuming that was directed at me and Cav, etc.?) have been trying to say. Right now Rand is his own worse enemy. The media smells blood in the water (or in this case nut up for election) so they are going to go after him with vigor to see what kind of stupid shit they can get him to say next? If he's smart, he'll stick to current, relevant issues and if he does, he wins easily but every time he lets them lead him off on some tangent, he's just helping Conway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 6:01:57 AM EDT
Paulbasher....hmmm that would make a great screen name. The Ironic part is most if not all of the so called Paul bashers either did or are going to vote for the guy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 10:01:07 AM EDT

i'll kindly remind you, I personally encouraged you to question Dr. Paul on any topic you were concerned about-as i did, instead you chose to remain silent and leave.  But i doubt you'll for a progressive.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 11:50:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/31/2010 11:52:19 AM EDT by Hero]

i'll kindly remind you, I personally encouraged you to question Dr. Paul on any topic you were concerned about-as i did, instead you chose to remain silent and leave.  But i doubt you'll for a progressive.

Trust me, Cavalry was more than ready to ask his questions of Dr. Paul. Given that we had already packed up and were prepared to leave for the day, and given the fact that I was very thankful to our gracious hosts at the KY HTF shoot in the spring for putting on the event yet again, it was me that convinced Cavalry to go ahead and let us leave rather than make a scene there, as guests. The blame there falls on me, not Cavalry.

And anyway, as I've already stated, Cavalry is privy to more behind the scenes information than most, if not all, of us here are. He knows what his issues are with Dr. Paul. Assuming Cavalry had asked one of his questions, to which he already knows the answer, and Dr. Paul negated it, do you really think it would have changed Cavalry's mind anyway? It would have either confirmed for Cavalry the reason why he doesn't like Dr. Paul, or it would have led Cavalry to believe that Dr. Paul was lying to him. Either way, I'm not really sure any good would have come from a confrontation. Another reason why I was inclined to try and avoid the confrontation all together, rather than encourage it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 1:14:00 PM EDT
That was neither the time or place Preacher.  It would have been inappropriate, it would have angered/embarrassed several of the HTF members, and as Hero said, it would'nt have changed anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2010 1:48:00 PM EDT

I knew that was going to be the perception but this is a classic example of false assumptions not equaling reality. Cav was more then ready to stay and engage. I was on the fence as part of me wanted to stay and see the potential fireworks (you know, the part of you that can't help but watch a car accident) but another part of me knew that wasn't the time or place. Hero was the voice of reason. He (Dr. Paul) was there on a feel good mission so a debate then and there wouldn't have proved positive or worthwhile for anybody..

Actually might be a good lessen for Rand Paul... There is a time and place for everything. That was not the right time or place
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:57:32 AM EDT
That was neither the time or place Preacher.  It would have been inappropriate, it would have angered/embarrassed several of the HTF members, and as Hero said, it would'nt have changed anything.

ok, well along that train of thought- do you think comments like "edited-moron or jackass" with pics from 'rands wacky world' will help or change opinions?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 2:04:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2010 2:07:55 PM EDT by Jinxsters]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

I knew that was going to be the perception but this is a classic example of false assumptions not equaling reality. Cav was more then ready to stay and engage. I was on the fence as part of me wanted to stay and see the potential fireworks (you know, the part of you that can't help but watch a car accident) but another part of me knew that wasn't the time or place. Hero was the voice of reason. He (Dr. Paul) was there on a feel good mission so a debate then and there wouldn't have proved positive or worthwhile for anybody..

Actually might be a good lessen for Rand Paul... There is a time and place for everything. That was not the right time or place

Hold on here, this is confusing me as a Kentucky Voter. When *is* the right time and place to start asking questions? Before the Primary? After? Or would it be after they get elected? I would say when they're around a bunch of people it is the best time to challenge them and what they believe in. If they have moronic

ideas or beliefs it'll show from their answers and or statement. What I'm seeing here is "Well I was going to say something, but it wasn't the time or place to ask." Which makes me want to call out BS. Now your stuck with one or the other, and you'll continue to bitch. You could of had Trey Greyson, maybe him and his pork

barreling, Washington stance was more idea for you? Better yet stop bitching and run yourself, if you fight the good fight and have the best interest for Kentucky then maybe you'll have a chance. I know alot of Kentuckians and they're not stupid people and they can listen. It's funny I work with people and they bitch

about who they have to pick from yet they do nothing accept just that. I'm not trying to poke fun on Cav or anyone in here, but what hero and cav are saying is like talking in circles, getting nothing done when you feel something should be done. Sometimes being silent all the time doesn't always get the pony to *giddy up*

Unfortunately I had to work that weekend so I wasn't able to go but I know I had some questions for Rand Paul like his stance on the military (I serve in the U.S army and I joined to bring the sons of bitches who killed innocent people to justice.) because I did not agree with them or what I heard but my questions was

answered on Bill O Reilly saying he though Iran and Afghan was a threat.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:04:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2010 3:05:42 PM EDT by Hero]
Jinksters––

I don't think I'm talking in circles. As I've already stated, I plan on voting for Paul. I know that Cavalry has serious issues with Dr. Paul the candidate, and no response Dr. Paul was going to give would have changed Cavalry's mind. I knew it; he knew it. That's why I advocated that he not initiate the confrontation, because it would not have accomplished anything, and could have made a scene where none of us wanted to make one. I thought it was the appropriate decision.

Thank you for your service.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 3:25:13 PM EDT
Myabe Cavalry should have shared with us his insider/backdoor secret information BEFORE the primary, it may have helped more than calling a candidate a moron....

or was that the secret insider info???  
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:30:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2010 4:31:44 PM EDT by Jinxsters]
Jinksters––

I don't think I'm talking in circles. As I've already stated, I plan on voting for Paul. I know that Cavalry has serious issues with Dr. Paul the candidate, and no response Dr. Paul was going to give would have changed Cavalry's mind. I knew it; he knew it. That's why I advocated that he not initiate the confrontation, because it would not have accomplished anything, and could have made a scene where none of us wanted to make one. I thought it was the appropriate decision.

Thank you for your service.

Well whats bothering me is what is Ron Paul for? The research I have done makes me feel like for the most part he is on the same page as I am. What

kind of questions was Cav going to ask? I would like to be informed, on what I am going into when I vote for someone maybe he can help open up my

eyes but from the research I found out on him he seemed like the more idea for me candidate then Greyson. Greyson was too much for Washington and

Pork barreling for my blood.

Note: If he was truly going to cause I scene then I do not blame you for saying hey this isn't a good time, however what is he so against Rand Paul that

would make him do/say things that would cause a scene?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:09:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2010 5:18:11 PM EDT by airgunner]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Hold on here, this is confusing me as a Kentucky Voter. When *is* the right time and place to start asking questions? Before the Primary? After? Or would it be after they get elected? I would say when they're around a bunch of people it is the best time to challenge them and what they believe in.

I'm sorry but why exactly are you confused? If you have questions, research the answers or find a way to ask them yourself. It's not someone else's job to ask them for you or tell you what to ask.

We are all KY voters here and well all have the right to ask questions when and where we feel like it. If that doesn't sit well with you or PM or CB or whoever, too fucking bad for you guys. Just my $.02 on it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:17:12 PM EDT
Note: If he was truly going to cause I scene then I do not blame you for saying hey this isn't a good time, however what is he so against Rand Paul that

It really had little to do with the specific questions. It was because this wasn't a Q&A session or town hall meeting, it was an unscheduled Rand Paul love fest.

If you have questions (even harmless ones) about the Roman Catholic church, do you walk into one of their churches during mass to ask those questions?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2010 7:06:28 PM EDT by PreachermanMATT]
edit

[tiny tim]god bless us every one [/tiny tim]
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 11:03:59 PM EDT

It seems i got jacked in this thread so i'll keep it simple.  I never called anyone a loser anymore than anyone called someone else a moron or jackass.   I think the term i used was LOSERS that should speak for itself.

I'm trying to walk softly but as i continue to read this thread  it seems that anything someone says can be took out of context  by a couple persons.   I'm hoping i'm wrong
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:05:12 AM EDT
Geez......I roll out of bed this morning, get me a bowl of Lucky Charms and sit down at the computer to find this train wreck..........
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:11:51 AM EDT
Geez......I roll out of bed this morning, get me a bowl of Lucky Charms and sit down at the computer to find this train wreck..........

Morning Sunshine!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:26:31 AM EDT

Lucky Charms???? O.K why not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:41:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 7:42:09 AM EDT by Cottonbaler]

Good morning Cav. Lucky Charms FTW!

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:24:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 9:33:29 AM EDT by Stump]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:27:12 AM EDT
Hey Stump how do you feel about Lucky Charms.....like um????
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 1:01:00 PM EDT by Stump]
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 1:20:26 PM EDT
What happened to my thread?  

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 3:18:14 PM EDT by Jinxsters]
Hold on here, this is confusing me as a Kentucky Voter. When *is* the right time and place to start asking questions? Before the Primary? After? Or would it be after they get elected? I would say when they're around a bunch of people it is the best time to challenge them and what they believe in.

I'm sorry but why exactly are you confused? If you have questions, research the answers or find a way to ask them yourself. It's not someone else's job to ask them for you or tell you what to ask.

I have done the research before I voted for Dr. Paul. I used Rand Pauls Site and Wiki to see what his stances are on. I do like to know who I am voting for. I was curious as to what he had to say that would piss so many people off there, especially when he called him a moron which in my perspective it looks like he is saying the same thing to the people who voted for him. I, Myself was going to ask Dr Paul if he was taking some questions"Why does he believe we do not need to be in Afghanistan taking down the assholes who killed 1000's of innocent Americans lives?"

If he was taking questions then whats the harm asking on what his thoughts are, unless he was going to ask for example "Why do you feel we should have less goverment interference?" Or "Why are you racist because you feel that minority's should not be given the upper hand just because they have it harder." Then yeah that would not be the place or time, to ask it. I do not see Dr. Paul as a racist and I myself feel we are ALL created equal no one is beneath me or below me. Everyone should be treated the same. I do believe if your a better person for the job then you should get it, not just because of the color of your skin.

We are all KY voters here and well all have the right to ask questions when and where we feel like it. If that doesn't sit well with you or PM or CB or whoever, too fucking bad for you guys. Just my $.02 on it.

Well let me throw this one out for you. When I see people coming in here bitching about someone who I feel has the same value's as myself and my families, and they have this *in the back knowledge* and then not say well that's kind of BS. Maybe there is something I'm missing and I would like to be informed, and I'm not saying Cav himself ever said *that* but some people are saying that for him. I tried doing some research on what Cav doesn't like about Dr. Paul and what fumes him about Dr. Paul, but I can't find anything. I know Dr. Paul has weak points and we're not going to agree on everything, but as long as he keeps anymore goverment intrusion out of my life and my families life then that will sit well with me. To say you have info on someone that they have done is wrong and then not say anything is a form of trolling.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:42:17 PM EDT

It really had little to do with the specific questions. It was because this wasn't a Q&A session or town hall meeting, it was an unscheduled Rand Paul love fest.

If you have questions (even harmless ones) about the Roman Catholic church, do you walk into one of their churches during mass to ask those questions?

I've stated before If he was going to ask some bashing questions that maybe isn't true; then yeah, but if he is taking some questions and he gets a hardball that he can't pass up then he's just been caught.  Oh and by the way The Roman Catholic Church doesn't help run the goverment Dr Rand Paul possibly could be, big difference.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:39:39 PM EDT
To say you have info on someone that they have done is wrong and then not say anything is a form of trolling.[/span]

If anything I've said in this thread, while trying to defend my friend and at the same time trying to keep the peace between the opposing groups, can be interpreted as "trolling," then I sincerely appologize.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 4:13:44 PM EDT by Jinxsters]
To say you have info on someone that they have done is wrong and then not say anything is a form of trolling.[/span]

If anything I've said in this thread, while trying to defend my friend and at the same time trying to keep the peace between the opposing groups, can be interpreted as "trolling," then I sincerely appologize.

No, you have NOTHING to apologize for. You just said he had some information that most others do not know about. Myself as a concerned citizen would like to know who my next senator really is going to be. I just see a bunch of people arguing, one person saying it's between a moron and an idiot, and I'm not getting any explanation why as to Rand Paul is being called a moron.

I've been a hard worker all my life. I've done manual labor and helped out on my uncle and aunts farm and my dad's work since I can remember. I've been instilled with always giving the other man a fair hand shake unless shown otherwise. I am not a big city thinker however I do have some college education, but I will always be a manual laborer because in the end it gives me true satisfication when I have completed a job. I'm 30 years old working a full time job and even though I didn't have too a few years ago I joined the Army, to give something back.

I believe most Kentuckiana's people have the same intentions I do. We are friendly and for the most part easy going. We love freedom, guns and the bible, hell all of those are what this country was founded on. Like you said you are trying to take your friends back, thats what friends do. I believe most of us here on Arfcom are friends and I would like to be informed on if something isn't right with the person I'm going to vote for. I

n the end I'll make my own decision, however being better informed can better help make a better decision. Think about if most of the people were better informed about Obama. Do you think he would be in office right now if they were? There is nothing wrong with debate, it better informs you and sometimes makes you realize the mistakes that were made and what can be done to correct them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top