Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2003 6:07:54 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a reputable dealer near Chicago. I'm looking to buy a RRA lower and I’d rather do it face to face instead of through an FFL if possible. If not does anyone have an FFL they can recommend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
A reputable dealer is also an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:40:38 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're in the western suburbs, give Ron DuBrock a call. He's an FFL and does transfers for $25. He's at 630-553-0648. Tell him Jason sent you.

He's got his FFL on file with Adco Firearms (www.adcofirearms.com) and they sell RRA.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
There's an RRA dealer that shows up at the Kane County gunshow with a decent selection of hardware... don't remember his name, though.

The next show is Oct. 12 at the Kane County fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys thats what I needed to know.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not drive to their factory and order one direct? That's what I did this summer. Placed the order (got a discount); they said 6 wks, rifle was ready in 3. Drive down and picked it up, paid w/credit card.
Called the new sales manager "Robert" a couple weeks ago and ordered a A2 carbine over the phone, he said ready in 2-3 weeks. (Can't wait.)

They are really nice folks to deal with.
One thing though, no signs on "factory".

If you go down there by taking I88 to I80, go south across the Rock River and take the Colona Rd off-ramp. The factory is the building at the foot of the off-ramp.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
We usually have 1 or 2 RRA ARs in our shop. If we don't we can always get cha a price. I work part time there, Tuesday nights & all day Sunday. If you want drop by sometime.

Maxon Shooters Supply
1226 Rand Rd
Des Plaines, IL 60016-3403
(847) 298-4867

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top