Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 7:22:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Great! I look forward to shooting yours!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
how easy would it be to remove the muzzle break and install a flash hider on a ban-compliant rifle if one day you left NY and moved to a free state?  are they permanently attached or can they be removed easily?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
how easy would it be to remove the muzzle break and install a flash hider on a ban-compliant rifle if one day you left NY and moved to a free state?  are they permanently attached or can they be removed easily?

I think to be legal in NY they would have to be pinned on, not just screwed on, so you are probably looking at a gunsmith to do remove them, If I had to guess that'd run you under $ 100-$ 50 would be my guess, but I am only speculating.

thanks for the info, i'm trying to decide whether to spend the extra time and $ to find a buy a preban, or just buy a postban and have a FH put on when i move to a free state.... although i think i'd rather have no muzzle accessories rather than the break, the small decrease in recoil isn't worth all the extra noise....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There are no pre ban versions of this rifle. Do you mean a regular 5.56mm AR?

yeah, that's what i was referring to.  on second thought, i definitely don't want to go postban, i could skip the flashhider but i definitely want to be able to put on a VFG.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#10]
really? i could have sworn i read somewhere on this forum that a VFG was considered another pistol grip, and then you have 2 evil features on a postban gun.... i'll have to do some searching about this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I spoke to RRA at the Shot Show about making one for us in NY and they claim that they've gooten a couple of request's already. So I guess aimless has been busy sending emails  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I spoke to RRA at the Shot Show about making one for us in NY and they claim that they've gooten a couple of request's already. So I guess aimless has been busy sending emails  

Well I'm suprised and glad the salesmen passsed the "request" ie; complaint up the line.
Having removed the soldered AND pinned brake from a Bushmaster, I can say it wasn't fun, but neither was it too difficult until I cut too deep into the brake, leaving a nice slice in the muzzle crown...more work but everything came out alright. YMMV  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Having removed the soldered AND pinned brake from a Bushmaster, I can say it wasn't fun, but neither was it too difficult until I cut too deep into the brake, leaving a nice slice in the muzzle crown...more work but everything came out alright

I find if you are not going to try and use the brake again that the best way to get it off is cut it in half. Gust deep enough to see the threads or the barrel and take a chisel and separate it. I have done that on about 15 now and it beats trying to drill the pin out.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
really? i could have sworn i read somewhere on this forum that a VFG was considered another pistol grip, and then you have 2 evil features on a postban gun.... i'll have to do some searching about this.

I've only heard that from people but I haven't seen it in the law itself. Certainly doesn't say anything about that on the NRA-ILA website. Maybe people get it confused with the laws for AOWs?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top