Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/25/2003 11:08:15 AM EDT

At the range Saturday I discovered that my formerly 2 stage trigger has adapted itself into a one stage trigger, fancy!

At our previous outing in B'ham (big big fun) I had a few failure to fires. At first I thought it was my reloads and after checking out the rounds that were in question, all met the measurements precisely for the .223 (the primers were not dented beyond the obligatory firing pin slap from chambering.)

Somethings up

So I decide to clean the beejesus out of it.... done, no more failure to fires but now I have no second stage AT ALL! So my 90+ dollar trigger lasts not even one summer? HOGWASH!

I call RRA and after 25 minutes (it gets better) I talk to Robert. I ask Robert how long does a 2 stage NM trigger last? He say 'oh boy, I don't know, a loooong time! I asked if it would last more than 5000 rounds? He says EASILY triple that plus some. I then ask him why mine is no longer working after 5000-6000 rounds. He then says if it was his rifle he'd be pissed too and told me to send it in to him.

OK, will do. I asked him what the turnaround is and he claimed SAME DAY. I mentioned that I didn't want the full legal 4# pull and I'd prefer 3.75#'s if he could do that... no problem he says.... eggcellent.

Then I ask how much... FREE!

More Eggcellent!

After 25 minutes waiting on hold I thought I was gonna go ballistic, good thing Robert jumped on my situation and I kept my cool, I usually wouldn't after 25 minutes on hold, the primary catalyst to dumping AOL years ago, I'm better for it!

Now I'm the guy responsible for hold times at Earthlink.... funny how things go full circle huh?

I'll keep y'all posted if you care, I just had to get this off my chest.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 1:44:29 PM EDT

RRA has a great reputation for service. I have to believe they'll make it right.

Top Top