Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2004 8:19:01 PM EST
Practical Rifle Match
Pueblo West Sportsman Association
Pueblo West, Colorado
Sunday, October 24, 2004
Set-Up begins at 6:30am
Sign-Up at 9:30am
PP3Gun will host a practical rifle match scoring competitors in the following Divisions: Open (.223 caliber and
greater)
Modified (.223 caliber and greater, one optic allowed, no bipods)
Limited (.223 caliber and greater, iron sights only, no bipod)
AK/SKS (5.45x39mm and greater, iron sights only, no bipod)
There will be four stages demanding multiple target engagements from arm?s reach to 200 yards. The round count
is estimated at under 150. Eye and ear protection is mandatory. The combination to the BLUE lock at the front
gate is 2506, be sure to hook the front gate locks in a series so that other users of the range are able to enter
and leave via their lock.
(Map to range at www.ecouspsa.com/maps/pppsmap.html
AK vs. AR Challenge
A special feature of the aforementioned match will be the opportunity for Limited class shooters to run each
course for score with both an AR style rifle and an AK/SKS style rifle. Advocates for each system have argued
for years over the relative superiority of the GOOD vs. EVIL guns. PP3Gun will compile scores in the AK vs. AR
Challenge in such a manner to allow comparisons showing not only who shot the best, but which rifle system bested
the day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:27:05 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:27:03 PM EST
I try to post these here, and we try to post them over on the CO-AR15.com forums, but we sometimes forget.

The best way to stay up to date is to put the matches on www.RM3G.com and www.ECOUSPSA.com on your schedule, and get on our email-announce list.

-z
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:38:14 PM EST
I posted some pics from the match on my site. Ak vs AR pics
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:32:13 PM EST
I almost didn't make this match, as I was up for 36 hours straight due to work on Friday and Saturday. I was draggin ass when I got up on Sunday morning, but still went to the match....and I'm glad I did

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:40:44 PM EST
Jeff,

I didn't know you were there until you posted about it here. I'll have to meet you at the next one.

-z
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:49:55 PM EST
I think I walked right by you and didn't realize it until later. I was shooting with Eddie and crew...I had on a dark blue NY Yankees base ball cap, Oakley sunglasses, Peltor Comm-Tac's, a grey Polarfleece hooded jacket and khaki pants. Kinda hard to miss me, I stand at a towering 5'06"

Hopefully I'll catch you at the next one. Do you shoot the P.W. matches often?

Take care and stay safe
Jeff
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:07:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMC03:
I think I walked right by you and didn't realize it until later. I was shooting with Eddie and crew...I had on a dark blue NY Yankees base ball cap, Oakley sunglasses, Peltor Comm-Tac's, a grey Polarfleece hooded jacket and khaki pants.

Figures. At the last minute I changed which AR I was shooting, and I was trying to score an AK, mags, and some ammo until we got into squads.

Hopefully I'll catch you at the next one. Do you shoot the P.W. matches often?

Due to the drive from FC, I've shot only two in the last year. I'm going to try to get down there more often.

-z
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:17:20 AM EST
I'm sure I'll catch you at one of the matches sooner or later......Anyone got the score's yet?

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:10:16 AM EST
I got'em in email from Tom. You need to get on the email list.

IM me your email and I'll bounce the results to you.

-z
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:09:20 PM EST
Zak,

I'm on Tom's email list, guess I'm not on the list for 3 gun stuff....Got the results from "Rags" today.....Thanks

Take care and stay safe
Jeff
Top Top