Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2018 2:42:19 PM EDT
i think this is bumbstocks and the like

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/MDPOLICE/2018/05/25/file_attachments/1013897/5-25-2018%2BLD-FRU-18-001%2BRapid%2BFire%2BTrigger%2BActivator.pdf

TLDR
1.  will be illega in md after 10/1/18
2. need atf approval to continue to own
3.  aft says they lack authority to approve, and will reject/return applications
4. MSP cant approve either

5.  if you own one you are SOL and will become a felon if you keep it
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange to be a law-abiding citizen one day, and a felon the next through no action of their own...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
meh...

Wont be enforced like FSA.  If one wants one, drive to PA/VA/WV.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI, MSI filed suit against this yesterday.  PDF: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents/send/4-public-documents/96-complaint-in-takings-case
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always thought and still do think those trigger activators are so mall ninja.

But it is a another slice off of our rights.
View Quote
Same, but I did buy a couple in the '80's when ammo was cheap(er).  It was kind of fun to chase rabbits with a 10/22, 25rd mags, and a BMF Activator  Never actually hit a rabbit (that I know of), but it was fun trying.  We'd go out in the desert out by 29 Palms and try to jump jack rabbits.

Then I got a Mini-14 (83,000 series), put a bipod on it, and wasted lots of ammo... I'm older and wiser now
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#6]
so what are they gonna do to those of us who don't need a gimmick to bumpfire?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:33:47 AM EDT
[#7]
same thing as those that build ar's with normal barrels,

Nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I am waiting for the rapid fire device buy back program. My plan is to take in a big bag of rubber bands:)
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am waiting for the rapid fire device buy back program. My plan is to take in a big bag of rubber bands:)
View Quote
Friend took his bumpstock to monday's buyback to get his $500. They refused.

They paid 500 for a demilled AT4 tube though
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
We know number stop and  trigger activators are now banned in MD.

But how does MD see the eco trigger and the like that requires a separate  trigger fiction to work?  In this case pull the trigger fires one round release the trigger fires another  round.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We know number stop and  trigger activators are now banned in MD.

But how does MD see the eco trigger and the like that requires a separate  trigger fiction to work?  In this case pull the trigger fires one round release the trigger fires another  round.
View Quote
Who fuckin cares?  I'll still keep bumpfiring every range trip.  Frosh can come arrest me himself if he's that horned up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Friend took his bumpstock to monday's buyback to get his $500. They refused.

They paid 500 for a demilled AT4 tube though
View Quote
So even though the ATF now says bumpstocks are "machine guns", they wouldn't give his $500 to get that baby killer off the streets?!?!?

Was this the Baltimore buyback?
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So even though the ATF now says bumpstocks are "machine guns", they wouldn't give his $500 to get that baby killer off the streets?!?!?

Was this the Baltimore buyback?
View Quote
Yep.  Made 200 giving them shit rusty ak mags and 8-dollar brownell's AR mags.  

Apparently they ran out of magazine money and were only taking guns the final day of the buyback.

Methinks they figured their perceived experience was the only possible outcome; that d'andre mcdrugdealer would turn in his sock gat for a couple hundred dollars, and they wouldn't possibly end up with any rusty crap or paying 3x value for magazines....
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep.  Made 200 giving them shit rusty ak mags and 8-dollar brownell's AR mags.  

Apparently they ran out of magazine money and were only taking guns the final day of the buyback.

Methinks they figured their perceived experience was the only possible outcome; that d'andre mcdrugdealer would turn in his sock gat for a couple hundred dollars, and they wouldn't possibly end up with any rusty crap or paying 3x value for magazines....
View Quote
That's pretty epic. I wanted to make some of those homemade rifles like I saw some guy did years ago and turn them in for cash. I think he just used pipes and some other cheap parts. They were crude but fit the criteria and he stuck it to them good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's pretty epic. I wanted to make some of those homemade rifles like I saw some guy did years ago and turn them in for cash. I think he just used pipes and some other cheap parts. They were crude but fit the criteria and he stuck it to them good.
View Quote
Same pard that had the bumpstock also had 3 (three) 10/22s that were bought as "parts guns" at a gun show; the receivers were totally trashed and not salvageable. He toyed with 3D printed receivers which worked, but weren't highly reliable, so he took the $75 investment ($25 per non-functioning firearm) to the buyback and, as they were semi-autos, got $200 each for them.

Meanwhile kids in Baltimore are relying on local charity organizations to bring space heaters into their classrooms so they don't fucking freeze while "learning".
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same pard that had the bumpstock also had 3 (three) 10/22s that were bought as "parts guns" at a gun show; the receivers were totally trashed and not salvageable. He toyed with 3D printed receivers which worked, but weren't highly reliable, so he took the $75 investment ($25 per non-functioning firearm) to the buyback and, as they were semi-autos, got $200 each for them.

Meanwhile kids in Baltimore are relying on local charity organizations to bring space heaters into their classrooms so they don't fucking freeze while "learning".
View Quote
I was thinking about all the money they spent on the buyback and how far that would have gone to fixing the air conditioning that caused most of the schools to close the first 3 days of this school year. Typical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top